Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I sat before a county commission board when I ran for county clerk. Was a pretty interesting experience. Typically the position is an elected one, but we had the county clerk retire mid-term which meant the county commission had to approve and appoint the replacement.

Trouble was, the Clerk was the ONLY member of one party in the entire county, which meant that the commission was entirely opposition.

I didn't get the seat, but it was an interesting process on how it worked out. I felt like I did as well as I could have considering the possibilities. I would say-make sure you read and learn all the bylaws. Its the little bitty bits of information that will have the largest impact on your running. Don't forget to cross your t's and dot your i's. I'm glad I didn't have that problem, but along the way it could have seriously screwed me before I started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread