Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Rent-A-Cop posted:

The lower you go down the levels of government the dumber things get. Local politics is basically High School 2.0.

Can confirm this. My father was on the planning commission and environmental board of our small township (4,000 residents max over a semi-rural area). It was a constant fight against stupidity and attempts at corruption. You'd have some guy come in, win the mayoral position, and then try and pack the councils with his buddies. Who needs an impartial, knowledgeable committee member when you can install the local strip club owner because he's your drinking pal.

I mean, yeah you do have a greater chance of fixing stuff if you're in local politics, but you're only fixing local issues. It's worthwhile work, but you're not going to change the world, and it's still going to involve a bunch of bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread