Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Asimo posted:

That's what I mean though, it doesn't matter. Close behind, far behind, on top of, in front of, the planes invariably noses up.

Unless I slap a shitload of reaction wheels on it anyway.

Without seeing your design:

1) Is Thrust inline with Lift and Mass? I believe CoL is also CoDrag in this representation, so having Lift above thrust will pitch the nose up.
2) Are any of your wing surfaces moving more than a couple feet, like unbraced wings?
3) Show us your dickplane pics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Where are my surface samples?! I wanted to take samples of the launchpad.

Also, why do you still have to click on (a possibly annoyingly moving) cockpit to get/transmit a survey?

xf86enodev
Mar 27, 2010

dis catte!

Wooten posted:

I must be missing something because when I start a new game all the buildings are already fully upgraded. What am I doing wrong?

Same here. Buildings appear fully upgraded but in-game it tells me "upgrade x building to use x feature".

It seems to be a problem with the x64 version. Starting a new game on the 32bit exe fixed it for me.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Steelion posted:

So wait, when a probe contract requires power, does that mean it needs a solar panel? 'Cause I don't have those unlocked. The requirements for "polar orbit within reasonable deviation" and "stable for 10 secs" are both checked off, but the contract won't complete.

The contract wouldn't have appeared on your board if you didn't have a power source researched. You might have a solar panel available, or an RTG. That particular objective specifies that the probe have an antenna, a power source, and an unmanned probe, and the probe has to be new, meaning every piece of it was launched after the contract was accepted.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bhodi posted:

Where are my surface samples?! I wanted to take samples of the launchpad.

Also, why do you still have to click on (a possibly annoyingly moving) cockpit to get/transmit a survey?

You need to upgrade the astronaut complex before you can take surface samples.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

Cubey posted:

You need to upgrade the astronaut complex before you can take surface samples.

Not the astronaut complex, that's for EVAs. Surface samples are in R&D.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Arsonide, if your NDA allows you to tell us, how did you implement your mod in the game?
Did you recode it natively in the game or just integrate your (modified) mod DLL into the game?

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
My first Mun landing (I've crashed plenty of times). I was even able to get it back to Kerbin afterwords.

It was a good learning experience, but I'll never construct any kind of monstrosity like this one ever again and try to land it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

Inacio posted:

Arsonide, if your NDA allows you to tell us, how did you implement your mod in the game?
Did you recode it natively in the game or just integrate your (modified) mod DLL into the game?

Magic space elves gathered the finest be...*gets taken out by a Squad sniper*

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Arsonide posted:

The contract wouldn't have appeared on your board if you didn't have a power source researched. You might have a solar panel available, or an RTG. That particular objective specifies that the probe have an antenna, a power source, and an unmanned probe, and the probe has to be new, meaning every piece of it was launched after the contract was accepted.

Yeah I don't have any power generators except the engine alternators. I only have the tech level 3 researched, and I don't even have that filled out. The small solar panel isn't until the next level. The probe has a core, batteries, and antenna.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Do nosecones do anything yet?

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

Steelion posted:

Yeah I don't have any power generators except the engine alternators. I only have the tech level 3 researched, and I don't even have that filled out. The small solar panel isn't until the next level. The probe has a core, batteries, and antenna.

Hrm, have you installed any mods? That contract should not be showing up until you have the proper technology, but certain mods might have power generators that are triggering that check. Interstellar is one. MKS is another.

Arsonide fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 16, 2014

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
For some reason I can't revert my flight, despite that difficulty option being turned off...

e: Nevermind, missed a mod folder.

Arven fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 16, 2014

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bhodi posted:

Do nosecones do anything yet?

As far as I know, since last version they sort of make the craft point in the direction of the cone.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes!

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm
Are maneuver nodes no longer a thing in stock career mode? Trying to get anything into an accurate orbit right now is a little painful...

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

bradburypancakes posted:

Are maneuver nodes no longer a thing in stock career mode? Trying to get anything into an accurate orbit right now is a little painful...
You have to upgrade your tracking station, I believe.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Wow, according to steam I haven't played since the beginning of January. :stare: Well, no time like the present, now that things are finally "feature complete".

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Arsonide posted:

Hrm, have you installed any mods? That contract should not be showing up until you have the proper technology, but certain mods might have power generators that are triggering that check. Interstellar is one. MKS is another.

Procedural Fairings, KAS, Firespitter, Roverdude's Sounding Rockets and Karbonite (+)... But none of the parts I have unlocked have anything to do with power except the sounding rocket nosecone, which just operates like a battery that can't be recharged. Could the mod be mistaking the Launch Stability Tower as a generator (due to mod interactions or whatever)? It does generate power, but I obviously can't take it with me.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Steelion posted:

Procedural Fairings, KAS, Firespitter, Roverdude's Sounding Rockets and Karbonite (+)... But none of the parts I have unlocked have anything to do with power except the sounding rocket nosecone, which just operates like a battery that can't be recharged. Could the mod be mistaking the Launch Stability Tower as a generator (due to mod interactions or whatever)? It does generate power, but I obviously can't take it with me.

Then yes, you have a generator unlocked. I don't think the launch tower does that by default. huh actually it does I'm a butt.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Can someone tell me what my GameData directory should look like with zero mods in it? I have some generic sounding directories in there and I want to start vanilla before slowly building up my mod database again.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

DaveKap posted:

Can someone tell me what my GameData directory should look like with zero mods in it? I have some generic sounding directories in there and I want to start vanilla before slowly building up my mod database again.

To my knowledge, it should have Squad, and NASAMission in it, nothing else.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

Steelion posted:

Just found the source of this. The launch clamp part has a generator module on it for some reason. I guess to keep you charged up pre-launch. It's causing you to get satellite contracts a bit early, as they wait for you to research a generator. You'll need a solar panel or something on that satellite to complete it.

EDIT: And now I actually read your post, that's exactly what you said. :suicide:

Arsonide fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 16, 2014

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I want to enjoy this update so hard but most of my previous spaceplanes are no longer working. I'm getting errors saying mk3spaceplaneadapter and fuselage are gone... not sure what to do :ohdear:

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Logikv9 posted:

I want to enjoy this update so hard but most of my previous spaceplanes are no longer working. I'm getting errors saying mk3spaceplaneadapter and fuselage are gone... not sure what to do :ohdear:

Whenever a new update comes out I take my old folder, ships and all, and dump it in the trash. It's a tradition that has saved me a lot of headaches.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Logikv9 posted:

This is because the Mk3 parts have been re-done. If you open it in an old version of KSP and remove those parts, it'll work. If you don't have an old version of KSP, you could try editing the ship files, but that might not work depending on how you built it.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
0.25 is still available on their website.

E: Logikv9, if you don't have access and are really attached to your design, I could load it up and delete the part(s) in question. People are commenting that things fly differently, so I'm not sure if it would be fruitful, though.

Corky Romanovsky fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 16, 2014

Xenopax
Sep 27, 2002

Get pregnant using Xenopax® brand bottled semen. Trust no substitutes.
I'm so glad this version release with a week before Christmas week, gives enough time for all the major mods to get patched so I can play super-hard remote tech/life support/deadly reentry/etc mode all week!

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Oh man, life with the basic launch pad is rough. With 17.9 out of 18 tons I was able to complete the orbit contract and come home, but just barely. Now I've got to earn enough to outfit for a mun mission while dropping hundreds of thousands on building upgrades for basic features that I took for granted, and I'm only playing on moderate!

I love it.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Don't know if it's just me, but I have no idea how to upgrade buildings.

Edit: Oh, right click them.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Right click on them. ^^ You got it

Worst thing that's ever happened to anyone, ever: "You need a pilot to turn on SAS."

Good thing the plan was to splash down the whole time. Bill can't steer.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Spookydonut posted:

Don't know if it's just me, but I have no idea how to upgrade buildings.

Right click when you're in the space center view. I'd just like some indication of what features are gated behind what building upgrades.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ermagerd an update?!?!

When's a 0.90 Kerbal Engineer gonna be put in CKAN :saddowns:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Ermagerd an update?!?!

When's a 0.90 Kerbal Engineer gonna be put in CKAN :saddowns:

It already is? Refresh your list.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Awesome. I just printed out my last assignment for the semester before I checked this thread. Good luck studying guys.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Geirskogul posted:

It already is? Refresh your list.

Jesus god drat these people are fast. :eyepop:

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Ciaphas posted:

Jesus god drat these people are fast. :eyepop:

My understanding is Squad is actually a good game company and gives authors of popular mods access to new versions before they are released specifically to allow this. Odds are Engineer's author has had it ready for a couple of days now.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lmao a dirt track for a starting runway, what kinda fuckin space program is this

(edit) Oh jeeze, no patched conics without the first upgrade? I, uh... hm.

Time to start again and this time not use that money->science policy :stare:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Dec 16, 2014

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Its really easy to gently caress yourself taking the wrong contracts before you realize just how constrained you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Maxmaps posted:

We think Hard is NES Hard, not Wii Hard. :colbert:

So, half the time the controls inexplicably don't work and enemies will move from off-screen to one-hit-killing you almost instantly?

• Locked thread