Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

I don't remember any mention of saves breaking, but just saw this in the .24 FAQ.

quote:

Will the update break my saves?
Ted: I’ve tested 0.23.5 saves here and they’ve upgraded fine. However, please do note that they were stock saves, modded saves might behave differently. Furthermore, because of the way contracts are implemented, they’re appropriately generated for an existing save so the upgrade should be seamless.

Harv: Keep in mind, however, that due to a small bug in the progress tracking system in 0.23.5, it’s possible that some contract offers on those saves may not reflect your actual progression (offers being more advanced than your achievements would warrant). This has been fixed on 0.24 and should not happen on new saves. It should only be noticeable on saves where very little progress has been made (as in not even reaching orbit).

Looks like you won't have to grind science again if you've got a save where you've already unlocked the tech tree, unless that's undergone a massive overhaul too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

They wanted me to test a decoupler and a stabilizer on the launch pad and I said, "okay."

This is my splashdown engine tester. It works most of the time.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

So I made this interplanetary probe hub that I liked. Then, I extended the solar panels.

Welp.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

stuart scott irl posted:

At any rate, .24 owns. The "rescue random Kerbal stuck in orbit" mission was fun, but I picked up the contract before I had any tech that could fly a ship unmanned, so I basically had to launch, strand Jeb in orbit while picking up the stranded dude, and launch another mission to retrieve Jeb once I got mechjeb on the tech tree. Fun.

Don't forget that you can manage your crew before launch. Stack two command pods on top of each other or use the big landing can and empty one seat out before you go (it's a guarantee that at least once you will make it all the way to the close encounter before you realize you forgot this step).

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

inclination = 180-abs(LAN-180) ?

I honestly don't understand your problem fully but that maps an input LAN that goes from 0 to 360 to an output that goes from 0 to 180 then back down to 0.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=y%3D180-abs%28x-180%29+from+x%3D0+to+360

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Is there a mod that has a Rockomax-sized version of this part?

I'm getting ready to make a big station for Karbonite and Station Science stuff and I don't want to use adapters.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

I'll check that out too, but in the meantime, this mod flippin' rules. I made a Nibbler ship for Jeb.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

I can't get this satellite contract to complete. Nodes are at 0°, Pe/Ap are within a kilometer each, it orbits in the correct direction, and all contract requirements are checked except for the one that says "Reach the designated equatorial orbit..." Other satellite contracts have completed without issue and restarting KSP had no effect. Fine Print v0.57b, 32bit KSP.

What am I missing?

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Arsonide posted:

This is a known issue. I finally discovered the cause yesterday. 0.57b added argument of periapsis checks in addition to LAN checks on your rotation. LAN checks under 1 inclination are skipped. Argument of periapsis checks under 0.05 eccentricity are skipped. Unfortunately I glazed over rule 3 of orbits with zero inclination: they have undefined argument of periapsis, because argument of periapsis is based on LAN.

For now, force it complete.

I'd like to say the fix is simply skipping the argument of periapsis check when I skip the LAN check, but it isn't that easy. If I did that, you could still match orbits in wildly different directions. I'm going to investigate this tonight.

If you didn't understand a word I just said, I know what the problem is, and I'm working on it.

Okay thanks, just wanted to make sure there wasn't something really obvious I was missing. Great work on the mod, by the way. I installed this today when things started to get a little stale and I can't imagine playing without it now.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Do extended solar panels rip off in atmosphere on Duna as easily as they do on Kerbin?

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Could someone give me a ballpark figure on how many Karbonite drills I need to still turn a surplus with a generator running? Planning on going to one of the Kerbin moons if that matters.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

While I was poking around the KSP forums looking for mods, I found something cool for those of you with Logitech keyboards/pads that have LCD displays. It shows orbital graphs and information and even works on my monochrome G13 screen without any fiddling on the latest release.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/50858-0-21-GHud-Adds-displays-to-built-in-screen-on-Logitech-G19-G510-keyboards-%28v1-2%29

Maybe not the most useful thing, but still better than just sitting there showing the time.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Cubey posted:

Are there any mods that add more lights? I downloaded a pack called Surface Lights and it's decent, but it doesn't add enough. I used to have the colored B9 lights and liked them a lot, but the new B9 pack is a mess that I want nothing to do with.

I just want lights. Lots of lights of all sizes and colors. I want my space stations to be floating disco balls.

For you or anyone else who doesn't know, you can also right click to change the color and brightness of stock lights in the VAB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Wooten posted:

Its really easy to gently caress yourself taking the wrong contracts before you realize just how constrained you are.

This is the truth. I managed to rescue a guy from orbit without targeting or maneuver nodes. On the one hand it took sooo long, but on the other it was pretty satisfying to pull it off and realize how much I've learned about doing things in game.

And if anyone was curious, if you rescue a stranded Kerbal it looks like you can go over your max allotment in the Astronaut Complex. Right now showing up as 6 available with a max of 5.

Lansdowne fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 16, 2014

• Locked thread