Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Was there an artbook for Dark Prison? I need lineart of the Pfeil III if there's any available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

-Troika- posted:

Was there an artbook for Dark Prison? I need lineart of the Pfeil III if there's any available.
This is all I got.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Oh my god, I've been having this problem since OGs2 but, see, I love Ibis and the Hyperlion but goddamn does it have a dumbass prima donna weapon set. 3-4 P ALL and 3-5 P finisher, good luck pairing that up.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Caphi posted:

Oh my god, I've been having this problem since OGs2 but, see, I love Ibis and the Hyperlion but goddamn does it have a dumbass prima donna weapon set. 3-4 P ALL and 3-5 P finisher, good luck pairing that up.

she can move so many squares a turn that i honestly never had any range problems, but this may also be because of my crippling addiction to abusing map weapons as well. either way the hyperion is Good as Heck, yes

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I remember pairing Ibis with Leona in the Sieguarlion for OG2nd, they're both high mobility aerial units with long distance finishers and the Sieguarlion carried multiple equippable ALLs to compensate for lacking one naturally.

It is not exactly the most convenient setup, but hardly the worst hand that Ibis has been dealt after all these years.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Yeah the Sieguarlion seems to be the only option, and the only P ALLs I seem to have lying around are the M13 and Gunrapier, both up to range 3.

Maybe I should just ignore the Spicules.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I haven't played MD yet (waiting on the English version, bought my Singapore bucks already), but in OG2nd I just twinned her with another special snowflake (usually the EX Exbein) and unpaired them at the start of the stage.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Oh, I transferred the EX Exbein to Mai because she's my best psychic that fits the specs and isn't taken on something unique (even if I cared about Ing at this point he really is a worse psychic) and I care less about TK Double Knuckle than I do about having both a better unit for her to lead the R-1 around in and a better follower for the SRX.

I'm still deciding what malarkey to do with the odd Grungust Type-2. I'm not sure how badly it needs a psychic in it, but Tasuku is already occupied since the Type-3 also has a TK Field.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Leona and Ibis are always a powerful combination. They play to each other's strengths pretty well and with enough of those strengths you don't have to worry about their weaknesses.

Does the extra Grungust Type-2 have a TK Field? That's usually the only TK thing it uses, so anyone sufficiently tanky should be able to cover for that. Or just throw Carla in there so she can have a....less terrible unit.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Maybe I'll put Ryoto in it, he's a melee type. Apparently. And it will make it extra appropriate that I have paired him with Kusuha/Bullet for source reasons.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

If you haven't tried it, Carla in the type-3 with Radha as a subpilot is a monster. Utterly impossible to kill.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ing has a way better twin skill which unfortunately ends up being necessary a bunch.,

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

If you haven't tried it, Carla in the type-3 with Radha as a subpilot is a monster. Utterly impossible to kill.

Russell is basically the king of the Type-3 subpilots since he has insanely cheap iron wall and support skills.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Carla is cool and Grungusts are perfect for her since she's got only slightly less defense than Russell and her melee stat is slightly better than her ranged stat. But watching Russel nonchalantly tank superbosses and cut them in two is always amusing.

GimmickMan fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 2, 2016

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ImpAtom posted:

Ing has a way better twin skill which unfortunately ends up being necessary a bunch.,

Ing can get the Sieguarlion then. Since Leona's getting the Exexbien. :v:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Ing also has native Continuous Action, which is broken as gently caress as always, and is statistically one of the best pilots in the entire game.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
ing is crazy good but stats are always kind of a funny thing in SRW lately because once you have your ability to wring more moves out of the action economy purchased up, buying stats with PP has pretty consistently been a way to delete whatever balance was present. a lot of pilot abilities really pale in comparison to maxing an attack stat out at 400 by the early-midgame as it turns out

it really just depends how far back on the scale you feel like starting :v:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I've always been partial to Ryoto as the Type 3 subpilot almost entirely because of Zeal, but now that the Exbeins and Grungust Type 2 exist I think I'll be desperate enough for Psychodrivers in the pilot seat that Russell will end up there.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Until Katina gets the Gab-L, she and Russell will have a permanent spot in the type 3.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ryoga posted:

Until Katina gets the Gab-L, she and Russell will have a permanent spot in the type 3.

I've always been a fan of putting Katina in the Giganscudo Duro and Tasaku in the Type-2 or something similar.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

AradoBalanga posted:

This is all I got.

what is that thing at the top

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Looks like a Halloween Plan'd Gespenst Type-C.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Gyra_Solune posted:

Did you play Dark Prison? It's Albada's custom Gespenst - he's part of Serena's crew.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Gyra_Solune posted:

Albada's custom Gespenst. By default, it is in the Type G Frame configuration. Its only notable customization (outside of its paint job) is the weird head design. See below.

KoB
May 1, 2009

quote:

Hi,
Thank you for your recent order at Play-Asia.com.

This E-Mail is to confirm we have authorized your Credit Card for your Play-Asia.com Order

:getin:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh, I had no idea that Moon Dwellers was coming out on the 5th. Play-Asia just said "August" so I was like whatever I guess and made my order. Hell yeah let's get that game going!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
In game the perspective on Albada's head thing always looked really weird to me.

Hunter Noventa posted:

I've always been a fan of putting Katina in the Giganscudo Duro and Tasaku in the Type-2 or something similar.

That's what I did on my last run of 2ndOG, Katina in Giganduro with Tasuku + Ryoto in the Type 3 as my lead squad. Katina is still topping the kill charts from all the Continuous Action map attacks. For Moon Dwellers I think she'll stick with the Gespenst (Boxer still needs TK for the final moves right?) for the Kai bonus because I cannot deal with how slow the Giganduro is without a megabooster so that has to wait until Special mode.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

At this point I just kind of can't deal with the idea of not putting Katina and Russell in the Type 3. It's pretty much perfect for them :3:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Katina ended up my top ace for my first run through the game as well, because the Gigan is crazy good in OG2nd.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Oh Snapple! posted:

At this point I just kind of can't deal with the idea of not putting Katina and Russell in the Type 3. It's pretty much perfect for them :3:

Yeah, I think the only thing that stops it being 100% perfect is the Nendou Field. Irm's dad should be a G Territory in it instead!

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

why

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

For your sins.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Policenaut posted:

Oh, I had no idea that Moon Dwellers was coming out on the 5th. Play-Asia just said "August" so I was like whatever I guess and made my order. Hell yeah let's get that game going!

EMSed that poo poo too, get hype :hfive:

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Is getting this digitally an option on a US PS4 or do I need to get a boxed copy?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Silvergun1000 posted:

Is getting this digitally an option on a US PS4 or do I need to get a boxed copy?

You can digitally get it but not on the US PSN, you'd need a Singapore account and to purchase PSN cards for that region.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

EMSed that poo poo too, get hype :hfive:

Hell yeah, I paid out the rear end for that pricey fancy shipping! Send my Gundams and my Super Robots here on the DAY!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I got my Singapore dollars, I am so ready to fight with my friends on the Hagwane

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

ImpAtom posted:

You can digitally get it but not on the US PSN, you'd need a Singapore account and to purchase PSN cards for that region.

That's what I figured, thank you!

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Despite a tropical storm killing my main streaming computer a few weeks back, i've finally found some decent working settings to stream with on my laptop. Therefore I'm gonna try finishing ACE: R today.

Feel free to join in, laugh at my poor purchasing decisions, and make requests to use terrible units.

http://www.twitch.tv/ryogatelb

edit: stream over, only made it to beating autumn one before apathy kicked in again.

Ryoga fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 4, 2016

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
Is there an official Gundam Breaker/general Gundam games thread? Because I have a lot of questions I'd like to ask but I'd rather not clog up this thread with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Simon The Digger posted:

Is there an official Gundam Breaker/general Gundam games thread? Because I have a lot of questions I'd like to ask but I'd rather not clog up this thread with them.

This is that thread, ask away.

• Locked thread