Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

irlZaphod posted:

Borini will be a good backup next season I think, he's looked fairly decent in quite a few games for Sunderland, scored some nice goals too.

Imagine his face when someone plays a through ball to him and means it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Has this been posted yet?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Modus Trollens posted:

I reckon they get De Boer

Pay giant money for Martinez.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I hope he comes out and tells them to donate it to charity because loving hell

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

This for me as well. Will be sad to see Fulham go though.

They'd fallen into that trap that newcastle did, the championship is probably the best thing to let them drop dead wood

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Nicky Butt? Jesus christ

He's their reserve coach and has a better trophy cabinet than most.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Semprini posted:

Shame. they had a chance to give us all an even bigger laugh by hiring Ally McCoist and they've blown it. A bad club.

Ally has won titles and even the occasional pool tournament I'll have you know

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

T Fowl posted:

Yuck breaking down the opponent with tiresome passing and then ripping them apart in the end is no way to win. Hoof and hope or get in the bin.

There are other ways of playing that don't end up with 800 passes and 2 shots on target, which is the 'Pep Way'.

loving Mourinho plays more attractive football grinding out 1-0 wins against Stoke.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Which players have the fittest wives we can get ahead of all of the transfer chat for the next three months

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Definite £20m bid for Sagna reported by ITKer taff

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

TelekineticBear! posted:

has there even been a sane dutch footballer, all of them are at least somewhat mental, you could probably make a premier league XI that consisted entirely of loving lunatic dutch

Gio was pretty sane, Overmars?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Modus Trollens posted:

they can appeal so he can play in the game can't they? Thought thats how it worked

They appeal and he'll get a longer ban.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Xabi posted:

My mate who works for the Times is telling me that Chelsea are indeed considering an appeal. They know that if they appeal, he'll most likely get a longer ban but he'll also be able to play against Liverpool. If they don't appeal, the ban will probably be 4 matches but he won't be able to play against Liverpool. So they're thinking about it and will make a decision soon.

Would love to see them do this and for the FA to punish them further for being that blatantly obvious about it. 4 matches + another 4 for being shites.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Burqa King posted:

Hope they get lallana too

Spending £100m to get Lallana, Shaw, Ward-Prowse and Pochettino in from what taff has said

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

In a market where the last good left back they sold went for £80m it probably looks like a steal

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Taff posted:

Ive never said that

I think you did taff.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Burqa King posted:

Nice meltdown

imagine trying to post positively about leeds

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

S4C not RTE

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

stickyfngrdboy posted:

loving hell this season isn't even finished yet and you're already posting negative shite about next season.

You've got a squad full of young, excellent players, and loads of top players will be clamouring to sign for you even if you finish 2nd (assuming those in charge are willing to pay, which they will), you literally have nothing to worry about, at all. Christ almighty.

If you don't post about how your £150m worth of team is going to lose every game you can't pretend to be humble

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

United are buying Lallana

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

A quietly and consistently great footballer.

Has he retired from international football as well? Still a World Cup in him imo

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Spangly A posted:

United are loving ridiculous if they don't immediately phone them both up and say "cheers, don't come in".

Yer I could see how killing the board in the biggest PR blunder since 'a smiling glen Johnson pops out' would be a sane and reasonable course of action

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Spangly A posted:

yes definitely keep a coach who is reported to have been insubordinate to his last manager, everyone will clamour for that job.

You're over-estimating the number of people who would care about that versus the number of people who'd see a club legend unceremoniously dumped after bravely stepping up in a time of need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Shoren posted:

As much as it may pain them to do so, they should follow Liverpool's suit and make Giggs an ambassador like with Dalglish. There's a very slight chance they could catch lightning in a bottle and Giggs could go on to be a successful manager for them, but the odds are heavily against that.

This is probably going to be the route they take, or an outside chance of Giggs becoming the youth team coach and 'shaping the future', as he learns/gets badges. No way they just dump him though.

• Locked thread