Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

pointsofdata posted:

This was the text on the Hull City vote, if you're curious.

Hahaha, holy poo poo, I can't believe people voted yes to that, it's basically implied extortion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

sassassin posted:

It would be misleading for them to pose the question as if rejecting the name change would have no other effects.

The reality of the situation is that the financial backing is dependent on becoming The Tigers(tm) in the near future. Regardless of how the results are now being spun, the data is only useful with that implication present.

In that case I take back my suggestion of "implied" extortion. It's just regular extortion. I still can't believe people voted yes.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Hoops posted:

I hope Pissflaps does get banned when Liverpool finish higher than fifth with Rodgers in charge. I don't have any strong feelings for or against Pissflaps, but there's simply no getting out of that one, a captain must go down with his ship.

Last time he screwed up a prediction he hid behind the technicality of someone else posting under a similar name even though his mistake was clear as day

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

Pissflaps will NOT be banned because it was not a toxx, it was a Pissflaps Prediction©, which is not legally binding.

In PL news I'm feeling physically sick already in the buildup to Sunday morning. Title challenges are the best thing but they are very hard to deal with emotionally, imo

I saw Flanagan call it the biggest game for Liverpool since 2005, I guess he's not wrong on that? I just looked up the 2008-2009 season and it wasn't quite as close as I remembered it, there wasn't really any one game Liverpool could have won to take the title (or take the lead, at least).

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Wait, the penalty for using outside sources to provide infinite cash is a FINE? How the gently caress does the logic for that work?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Suarez or Toure for me.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Welp, bye Moyes. No other way around it with those results.

I honestly don't know who would be good to bring in now.

I'm curious, who would non-United fans consider a good pick? Assuming Klopp is unavailable and other managers at big clubs (Ancelotti) aren't interested. I have to admit I don't know enough about van Gaals style as a manager to have an opinion of him one way or the other.

Maybe Laurent Blanc? But I don't know if he'd want to leave PSG. He's always had a good relationship with United and Ferguson and he seems like a very capable manager from what I've seen.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I guess we can just keep taking Everton managers until we finish above them.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I think we need a Vassel/Jozy-style guessing thread for next permanent United manager. It'll give us something to do over the summer other than read made up transfer rumours

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

There's over a month from the end of the World Cup to the start of the new season though, and post World Cup silly seasons are by far the worst

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

Avram Grant
Tony Adams
Harry Redknapp
Neil Warnock
Probably Solskjaer
Allardyce

It's funny that with several of these people you can ask "which time"?

Club owners never learn do they

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I just ran the numbers and this has been the worst page of a monthly thread this year

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

quote:

I'll just give myself a five-year contracts I so yeah museum Apollo while I cum and but I no I learn yeah, I haven't do much work this week but yeah yeah I'm still involved as player as well yeah bozo the

(Youtube automatic captions since I'm at work and can't listen to it)

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

James R posted:

When was the last time Man United had a defender progress from youth to first team and cement their place? Gary Neville?

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet they'll bring in new players and he'll end up at Hull as a 32-year-old journeyman who never quite made it.

Jonny Evans? Who is very good and who I'd trust completely

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

So does this mean we just close down TRP now and move on to other things?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Spangly A posted:

yes definitely keep a coach who is reported to have been insubordinate to his last manager, everyone will clamour for that job.

Oh please, name me ONE TIME where Giggs betrayed the trust of someone close to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Maoist Pussy posted:

Why isn't Redknapp being considered for United?

gently caress YOU

• Locked thread