Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Hasn't Zaha been poo poo/not played for whoever signed him on loan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Blue Screen Error posted:

Zaha and Townsend are only in contention in Michael Owen's mind

Townsend will go but probably barely play because of the 1 good game he had being important for England going to the world cup

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Rodriguez plays on the left for Southampton right? Surely it should be him starting for England with Sterling on the right. Unfortunately even though he's the second highest scoring England player this season he won't because he'll be seen as a striker instead of a winger or whatever and Townsend will go lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lets just hope Hodgson plays Sturridge in the middle instead of on the right because he was pretty poo poo against Denmark or whoever we last played until he got moved

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

Barkley's not good/consistent enough yet to be a starter. Putting him in the same list as Rooney and Lallana is a bit unfair to the lad.

Routledge on the left, come on you know it's the right answer.

Has Routledge learned how to deliver a final ball or pass yet?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mitroglou has gone to Italy for treatment for a knee injury and might not play again this season. I'd say he's up there with Lamela for the worst signing this season considering how badly Fulham need someone to score goals

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sissoko is now also injured and Remy won't be back for the Man Utd game. We're going to lose 3-0+ again

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This is like the only match left this season I want us to win. Also losing 3-0 every week is really poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

No chance Chelsea will sell him to Spurs

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

euroboy posted:

Please don't.

The transfer thread last summer was full of people (especially arsenal posters) melting down because Tottenham bought all those great players and were going to win the league.

It did seem they were replacing Bale with a far more balanced team, outside of defenders. Getting in a good manager might make a huge difference but lol if Sherwood somehow stays in the job

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Acceleration is far more important in football

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Eric Cantonese posted:

He was pretty good for a while. He's only looked bad this season as far as I know.

and last season and the one before

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Remember when Sol Campbell was supposedly the fastest player in the league at 35 or whatever

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

Rooney is going to be playing when he's 40 and it will be us lot who look like idiots.

He's best friends with Ricky Hatton the moment his stamina goes he's going to balloon

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

TheRat posted:

United had their home kit in the 8-2.

E: My bad, it was 2010.

So 4 years ago then

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Good news for Man Utd supporters, Tom Cleverly is going to be offered a new contract

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ravel posted:

They can't sell Eto'o he's on a one year and there's no £7m saved on wages since they don't seem to intend giving him a new one. lol at paying Torres 9m a year. Theyll have spent £80m on him in total then if they can find someone stupid enough to take him.

They're going to subsidize his wages wherever he goes because he's refusing to leave unless he keeps his £175k a week wages.

In other Premier League news Sunderland have been fined for playing Ji Dong-Won in 5 matches he wasn't eligible for

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I don't see why they won't just loan him out again

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Why is he wearing a swimming cap and goggles

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

How do Arsenals recent results stack up against Newcastles? I know they've played better teams I just want to know who has been worst

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Durham in troll free and accurate article shocker

Amazing how he's pretty much the only member of the press not banging on the "poor old Chris Hughton being bullied by over-expectant Norwich fans" drum.

Is that really happening much? If it is just shows how patronising the press are

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its because he's a big Spurs man and Spurs fans control the media, also Alan Shearer loves him.

Wow, mods? I love him and also Shearer

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

not not luvd posted:

Or huge luck with injuries and no European games. It's making me think for sure.

ARsenal have the same injury problems every year lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Joking aside there are a lot of pundits who either played with him or coached with him and he's such a nice man that the rest don't want to believe he's not very good.

He does seem to be the nicest man in football and considering all the shites you can see why people like him. He needs sacking though

JingleBells posted:

The Mail are reporting Chris Hughton has been sacked

welp

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

A manager willing to have a go at Fulham could well be the difference and Hughton wasn't that manager

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Norwich have 1 game left that could stop them getting relegated so they need a manager who will give it a go. If it doesn't work out just give the new guy next season

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

not not luvd posted:

Or huge luck with injuries and no European games. It's making me think for sure.

Should have signed players in all the places the squad needed depth instead of spunking it on a luxury player in the one place the squad didn't need it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

jooky posted:

Kim Källstrom

I meant to ask in the match day thread if he'd played yet and forgot

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Scudamore is going to pull a Bernie Ecclestone and award United double points in the last game.

Get your bets in now for best and tastiest odds.

I realise this season has made you lose the plot and all but at least post in the right thread about this kind of stuff, La Liga is really bad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Imo whoever they get has a Moyesian task on their hands

Whoever takes over isn't expected to win anything though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Since February Newcastle have conceded 23 goals and only scored 6 lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

euroboy posted:

Luuk de Jong is another myth from the eresdivise?

He might get some goals if the whole team wasn't utter garbage at the minute but i doubt he'll ever have been worth the £15m borussia mönchengladbach paid for him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The London Evening Standard are reporting that Courtois is going to sign a new 5 year contract

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

DOOP posted:

With Chelsea, right? Not Atletico?

Seeing as how its just a new contract I'd assume its with Chelsea.

Lee Charnley has been made managing director of Newcastle. Glad thats sorted before summer and he's been at the club a long time now so transfers might not take forever if we're lucky

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

There's not really another option: Nastasic isn't going to play again this season and Lescott's even more of a liability than Demichelis.

I don't believe Lescott is more of a liability than Demichelis

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

not not luvd posted:

We've conceded more goals than Palace this year.

Since pulis took over, only Chelsea and Man City have conceded less goals. He's a miracle worker

edit: some stats showing Holloway is a garbageman and Pulis is a miracle worker

quote:

The foundation for this success has been Pulis' transformation of a defence that previously wouldn't have looked out of place in League One. Under Ian Holloway, Palace conceded 17 goals in eight matches; they have shipped just 18 in Pulis' 20 games in charge. Only Manchester City and Chelsea have conceded fewer - Tottenham have let in 20 more goals, Arsenal 12 and Liverpool nine. Despite leading the division, the Reds have conceded one more goal than Palace (40 to 39) and kept the same number of clean sheets (10).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ayb posted:

Hate to break it to you guys but every club is given 200k to spend on encouraging away fan support.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/24446082

Newcastle put it all towards disabled supporters but I thought that was a separate fund

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Shoren posted:

Cazorla is hardly a luxury player. He may not run himself into the ground as much as Rosicky but he does work defensively, much more than Podolski that's for sure. He didn't go about it well, but he's entirely right.

lol how wrong can you be

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Someone post that Cazorla gif from the Everton game tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

not not luvd posted:

Fantastic youth set up
Fantastic facilities
60,000 stadium
All The Money

We're totally set and a huge amount of that is down to him. His legacy is how the club is run not just the teams he's built. We owe him a ridiculous amount and he's sacrificed a portion of his career I think.

If he doesn't win the FA cup and ends up going this summer the first thing anyone who isn't an Arsenal fan will think is 10 years without a trophy or however long its been

• Locked thread