Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I'd assume that Borini, Alberto and Asaps will all get way more time next season when Liverpool will need to rotate the squad a lot more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Chelsea are such a terrible team when it comes to younger players. I hope Courtois runs down his contract and transfers for free to Atletico.

Edit: :colbert:

Gorn Myson fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 4, 2014

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

They're more likely to drop points to City, Chelsea or Palace than Norwich. I won't even factor in the Newcastle game because that'll probably be a bloodbath.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Haha I hope City get banned from football forever.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I heard that Brendan Rodgers parks in disabled spaces. Sideways.

Hes a monster that needs to be stopped.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

euroboy posted:

I'll be upset if they hire Van Gaal now
I won't. Hes loving mental. Although it may poison the relationship with club legend Jordi Cruyff.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

This is the best season to be a Liverpool fan.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

I really hope he doesn't resign though because the way United are going about this is is hosed up
Imagine how humiliating that would be as well. He'd be like the anti-Brian Clough. Its not as if United are hurting for the money either. Unless hes on Januzaj wages, I can't see it being a huge dent in their financials.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I suppose that even if we don't win the league, we'll have a repeat of the away game at St James's Park on the last day of the season. Which should be fun. 6-0, even Borini scored.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I didn't think Bayern were that boring when they tore United to pieces in the second leg of that quarter final.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

I dont know what match you were watching but the only time they were forceful and attacking was right after United scored and oh look they ripped us a new arsehole. For the entire 120 minutes before that it was exactly the same *pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass aimless cross that goes no-where pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass*
I can hardly criticise Bayern for being boring in a match in which Man Utd clearly turned up to park the bus. Maybe if they didn't just decide to concede possession as a match strategy then maybe they could have gotten something out of it. Instead we got Evra's beautiful goal and 22 seconds later they were shown up for the joke of a team that they are. Quite frankly I was enthralled.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Stotty posted:

That article seems to alternate between stating the obvious and handwaving anything that contradicts it.
Imagine that extended to book form, and you've got Soccernomics.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

As much as I like Luke Shaw, its ludicrous to hand him a 250k a week purely on the basis that hes a good prospect.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If Diego Torres' book on Mourinho's tenure at Real Madrid is even partly true, then Mourinho capitulating the title by fielding a weakened team would very much be in his character.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Modus Trollens posted:

to be fair RM don't give a poo poo about La Liga
One of the reasons he was brought in was to beat Barca, and on a few occasions he was happy to draw or lose to them, just so he could bitch about referee bias in the press afterwards. Hes got some really loving weird thing about referees.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The Champions of the People, cruelly cut down underneath the unstoppable march of oligarchy.

RIP Liverpool.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I was melting down. Then I hate-hosed my Mourinho realdoll and I'm all right now.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Pedro De Heredia posted:

He left Real Madrid in reasonably good shape, with mostly young players, almost no one over thirty. That core of players (since the new signings haven't played as much) have Madrid second in the league, Cup winners, and in the CL semifinals.
Madrid are one of the richest clubs and most popular clubs on the planet, they were in excellent shape before he even got there. By the time he'd left, he'd alienated almost everyone involved in the club and the team were if anything considered to have underachieved given what they had available over those three years.

That, and he spunked 30m Euros on Coentrao.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Smeef posted:

Hard to get too worked up over that when Ancelotti spent 40m on Illarramendi.
It was 32.2m euros, so not that much more expensive than Coentrao. But in all honesty, I don't know how much power Ancelotti had over that transfer given how club hierarchies are slightly different in Spain than to over here, but Coentrao was absolutely a Mourinho signing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I hope de Boer accepts the offer, and takes Bergkamp with him.

• Locked thread