Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
He's fast over a few yards but slow after that for more info see that Kaka goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Terrible.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

I said Suarez was better than Torres and hell, I think I was right

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Taff posted:

In 2010 you were saying he could end up being the best player to ever play in the premiership

I saw it when looking for the jozy thread

Just another example of my astute eye for the Beautiful Game

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

not not luvd posted:

the best chocolate leg I've seen

Keep him away from Jozy lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Arsenal are always "right there". It's always one big transfer away, one player back from injury, etc. It's not going to happen with such a weak mentality in the team no matter what.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Rodgers wouldn't have Giroud because he'd know he wouldn't work in the team, and he'd have sold him like he did Andy Carroll.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Arsenal under Wenger haven't won a trophy for what, half of his time there? Sure what he did was amazing but how long can you ride on that?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

There's a bit of subjective review going on from both sides re: Wenger I think. An considering his career at Arsenal, currently, splits pretty evenly in half it makes sense I suppose. But I don't really think he has it in him to break out of this perpetual runner-up quality that seems to be instilled in the club for whatever reason. Arsenal were top for ages this season and still nobody thought they were a legitimate challenger, here at least.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Spangly A posted:

Liverpools owners let the CIA use their planes to ferry around kidnapees between torture sites so any moral argument is a bit silly. Also because nobody cares.

I'm willing to let 2006 go for just this once so everyone else can just deal with it imo. It'll be painful seeing Gerrard win something but tolerable. John Terry winning anything is never tolerable.

I care, and also I think it's good.

Honestly I've got an absurd degree of anxiety about Sunday lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

fat greasy puto posted:

yea ive been getting tightness in my chest and can't really sleep lol , hopefully we will win

Don't be cruel

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

hadji murad posted:

He gets headlines every time he opens his mouth. Just last week tons of coverage for his run down the side. I'd have thought Liverpool fans would appreciate Brendan's mentor more.

I think he's a fantastic manager and he's certainly proved that time and time again but at the same time I don't think the amount of press he gets correlates at all to his team's performance on the pitch

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

aeverous posted:

I remember loads of dudes predicting that Stevie G one of the most complete players of his generation would be a liability this season because he can't run as much anymore.

Seems a bit odd considering last season he was rather good in a similarly withdrawn position

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Taff posted:

I dont mind if you guys dont believe me, I just pass on the info as I get it, I was told on the last day of the transfer window that United were seeing if they could push through a deal for Shaw but they were more confident of it going through in the summer, and I was told yesterday that my source doesnt think Moyes will be gone in the summer.

If he loses every game for the rest of the season then both of these could change and that wont be my fault. If you'd prefer I'll keep my itk supertips private so it doesnt distract from posting about Liverpool. :drac:

I love Taff itk supertips, please don't!!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

not not luvd posted:

08/09 was incredibly close and I felt sorry for them when they didn't win it. I would probably say that was a better team than this current one too.

The difference is Suarez and Sturridge this time around.

There are two absolutely huge games this weekend.

It seemed like a much better team then yeah

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Meh, if we win all our remaining matches and City drop any points we win. We're not out of it yet

City could lose a game and if they win the rest they will be above Chelsea

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

Selling your best player and not replacing him is a reasonable thing to be annoyed about imho

Also writing off your season in loving January

I'll only trust this if you've spoken to an Arsenal fan about it

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

What a stupid loving appointment he was lol I hope he lasts forever

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Lot 49 posted:

Saying Moyes is handicapped by United's squad is dumb because a) that squad walked the league last season and b) Moyes has had two transfer windows and lots of money and done gently caress all to improve it.

And he's obviously been poo poo.

It's a bit of both. Moyes is underperforming terribly and Ferguson overperformed ridiculously.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Spangly A posted:

Thats because these are good managers

Hodgson is terrible.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

I'd love for someone to pull up the United Supporter post from, I think August or September, where they said "hope all the plastics quote this when it's business as usual" or something like that

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

I'd say Pulis but I wonder if he's got the same problem Moyes has

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Would like to call everyones attention to this btw:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3564666&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post418354844

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Cart Cam posted:

tbp always believed in Brendan's boys.

It looks like all I got mixed up was the tots and everton

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Roses are red
violets are blue
my team is poo poo
i work for man poo

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Have Arsenal posters realized they haven't won the FA cup yet

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Smeef posted:

Have Liverpool posters realized they haven't won the league yet?

I specifically am still not convinced Liverpool will lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Smeef posted:

There's a part of me that wants to see City win by GD in dramatic fashion on the last match day just to see the meltdown that would occur. Liverpool are playing much sexier football, though, so that probably wins out over my sadism.

It's not really unlikely. People keep saying it'd take a dramatic meltdown for that to happen but I don't think literally one loss is that big of a meltdown esp. when they still have to play Chelsea.

I'm confident but not overly so.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

To be honest I do think Liverpool will win it but it's not as easy a stroll as some have suggested

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

I would kill myself if we got Guardiola i would legit hate it.

You're insane. He's probably the best manager in the world

e After Brendan Rodgers

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

One thing I'm happy about is that after this season I think the draw for the great managers will be lessened

If they had tried to get Conte, Klopp, Guardiola, Mourinho, Mazzarri they'd be so much better but they went with David Moyes lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Machinegunboyo posted:

I think most people don't like Guardiola because he makes them want to change the channel on a regular basis. He's very good otherwise.

I never really got this. Seeing Messi run over teams on his own for a few years was great. Or Eto'o, Henry and Messi up top? That was amazing

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

chuggo is BACK posted:

wow that's some code

I couldn't get over it

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Ravel posted:

Moyes just needed more time. Rafa slipped six places in a season and he was given a treble winning side to manage immediately after.

Hah, when you put it like that it sounds really bizarre actually.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

Except he already had 2 La Ligas, a UEFA Cup, a European Cup and an FA Cup in the trophy cabinet. Moyes had uhh

I'm well aware, for more please see this informational video I put together detailing the career of Rafael Benitez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhIqRAtc8Pw

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

I'm well aware you're well aware!!

Please watch the video regardless.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

rats off to ya posted:

if you liverpools don't win the title that's just as much of a massive fuckup as what we accomplished with villa/palace/sunderland. stevie g deserves a title but i'd laugh a lot if he didn't get it.

Idk I disagree with this, a 14 match win streak not being accomplished isn't exactly a huge gently caress up

That said I do think they'll win it

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Chelsea will field a weakened team, play defensively and win 1-0 on the counter. Mourinhowned

So you've grown some balls back after the meltdown against Sunderland?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Haha nice, personally I think the large amount that is slightly larger than whatever the previous guy posted is too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

ayb posted:

liverpool are going in pot 3 next year, they're not getting out of their group

Manchester United got out of their group this year. I think Liverpool will be fine

• Locked thread