Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Pwopah football going on this month. No international breaks, there are also some cup games somewhere along the line? Anyway, have a table.

(well jel at that Liverpool form, phwoar)

Have some fixtures to rub your thighs at and lick your lips to. Crunch your numbers, there's a 100% chance of a ball being kicked around.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/fixtures

Questions to ask yourself this month in football:

- Will Arsene walk?
- Will United remember how to win consecutive matches again?
- Will Jozy score against Chelsea (april 20th) again?
- Big Sam in?
- Will Sherwood succesfully defend his hardcore championship?
- Hull City? *flips over logo* Hull Tigers?
- Should the Premier League be afraid that clubs like Barcelona are getting called out on importing their talents?
- Who, exactly, were the Fully Sick XI this season?
-

Friedrich Nietzsche posted:

Football is dead

belgend fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Benteke has torn his achilles tendon and will miss the rest of the season and the world cup :(

Good thing we've got Magic Michy Batshuayi ready to rumble

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Mertens is great too.

I'll take this to the Serie A thread if this goes too much off topic, but how's Nainggolan doing in Rome?

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

I'm fairly certain it's not Elton Monteiro, as he was like, 9 when Ronaldo left for United.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

You're playing against Wigan you negative ninny.

You mean FA Cup defenders Wigan?

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

This is the team that beat City though.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

CareyB posted:

http://www.creativereview.co.uk/images/uploads/2013/11/evertonbadges_0.jpeg

4 badges here, top left is the rejected designed crest, top right is the 2014/15 crest others are fan crests. Picture below is the previous crest.

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article8635182.ece/BINARY/original/everton.jpg

Tell me the rejected crest is not infinitely nicer to look at than the others. The fact the fans made Bill Kenwright cry over a really decent badge design is pretty funny.

The current crest is loving horrid, sorry your eyes are broken.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

TheGoatFeeder posted:

1) Warning
2) Reprimand
3) Fine
4) Point deduction
5) With holding of CL revenue
6) Ban from registering new players for the CL
7) Limit on number of players that can be registered for CL
8) Expulsion from CL
9) Stripping of previous European titles (HAHAHAHA)

We'll get a warning, a reprimand and a big fine. It's all part of the rollercoaster that has been City

All UEFA documents I find say the expulsion is the ultimate punishment, I don't know where you got that last bit from. Expulsion isn't even possible until next season anwyay.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Frankston posted:

Speaking of Chelsea, what happened to the plan to get donations to pay off Mourinho's hefty £8000 fine?

Cup tied

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

I think SAS are winning those two awards, Suarez n Shaw. Because the English love the English and racist foreigners. Who's Hazard ever offended? That one BRITISH BORNN AND BED ballboy from idk anymore, Southampton?

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

8raz posted:

once again, jose proves he's the kasparov of football management

A one trick pony who is completely out of his depth when he's away from his comfort zone?

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Jose posted:

someone quote the original A Januzaj or A Ronaldo post tia

FullLeatherJacket posted:

People do talk some ridiculous poo poo, though. As if Alex Ferguson was a wizard who came in the night and made David May good. The squad is actually suffering from a problem that Ferguson neglected for about three years, and that was obvious to pretty much everyone. What we have right now is evidence that Paul Scholes pretty much won the league single-handedly at 38 years old.

There's an obvious weakness in the structure of the midfield, both in the centre and on the wing. It's not been a coincidence that Januzaj has looked one the best players this season, entirely because a great Manchester United team needs that threat through the midfield that the distribution of Scholes and the speed of a Januzaj or a Ronaldo creates. It puts a pressure on the opposition and means that they can't just put banks behind the ball and then come forward on the counter, which we've seen cost us points on a few occasions this season.

We knew this at the start of the season, you can go back and look at the comments at the time. People were very angry with the dithering and nonsense that Woodward got involved with that meant that only Fellaini arrived over the summer. However, everything I've seen has indicated that they're prepared now to throw money at the problem. And money generally solves these sorts of problems.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Someone post more United memes I'm pretty sure FLJ did all the posts

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?
And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have you found? The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

In non-manager news, Mirallas out for the rest of the season :negative: gently caress

hadji murad posted:

Who was the last black manager in the league?

Not sure if United under Hughton would work mate, and it angers Sol Campbell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Van Gaal in a shouting match with Lawro and Lineker on MOTD every week

• Locked thread