Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Current new manager odds.

2/1 Louis van Gaal
9/2 Jurgen Klopp
6/1 Ryan Giggs
16/1 Alex Ferguson
16/1 Carlos Quieroz
16/1 Diego Simeone
20/1 Antonio Conte
20/1 Fabio Capello
20/1 Laurent Blanc
25/1 Guus Hiddink
25/1 Carlo Ancelotti
25/1 Frank de Boer
33/1 Pep Guardiola
33/1 Roberto Martinez
33/1 Maricio Pochettino
33/1 Gary Neville
40/1 Jose Mourinho
40/1 Michael Laudrup
50/1 Marco Bielsa
50/1 Andre Villas Boas
66/1 Brendan Rodgers
66/1 Cesare Prandelli
66/1 Ole Gunnar Solksjaer
80/1 Mark Hughes

Tempted to put a cheeky tenner on AVB's glorious return to the premiership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I didn't realise that they had to use police and stewards to protect "The Chosen One" banner from vandalism numerous times across the season. Brilliant.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Moyes has already moved up to be the bookies favourite to be the next Spurs manager. Bollocks.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Modus Trollens posted:

looking more and more like they'll get LvG - he only put his name into the spurs ring for that reason to be honest. I kind of hope we get Thomas Tuchel now I think he'd do well

The more I read about Tuchel the more I would love to see him managing Spurs. Bookies really don't seem to fancy him though, it looks like we had a look at him in December and for whatever reason thought better of it.

If the odds are anything to go by it'll be Allegri or Moyes.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Modus Trollens posted:

Don't really want an Italian myth tbh would rather see good attacking German football

I would quite like a caffeine fuelled not slept in two days inspirational speech from a mentalist German who gets offended if people leave the the table before him at Spurs. I would like this a lot.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I hate Liverpool the least out of the teams up for the title, so I hope they win it. My focus as a fan is on the thrilling race for the real prize in the EPL: the sixth place trophy.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27107822

The Chosen One banner is no more, and is expected to be offered to the National football museum. The national football museum don't seem overwhelmed with excitement at the prospect.

quote:

A National Football Museum spokesman said: "Every object within our collection needs to fit within our strict collections guidelines.
"We are offered objects on a regular basis and, while we are always grateful for these offers, we often have to decline for reasons of space and because it doesn't fit within our guidelines."

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Digital Jesus posted:

Has Tim Sherwood not already been told he's done at the end of the season? Maybe I just read too many drat rumours.

He's been told. That's why he's turned into a petulant child the last month or so taking every opportunity to talk about how great he is and undermining the players. Also he did the whole "I couldn't go back to being an assistant manager now."

Most of Harry's old cronies in the press seem to also love Tim, and they've been talking up what a disgrace it is that an English manager is being treated like this.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

TheBigAristotle posted:

Did that ever sell? I assumed
bids for 150k were bullshit but who knows

They tried to give it away to the national football museum, but they turned it down. Currently they have no idea what to do with it.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Daily Mail has put out it's worst 11 for the season.

quote:

Stekelenburg (Fulham), Lowton (Aston Villa), Amorebieta (Fulham), Diakite (Sunderland), Cissokho (Liverpool); Lamela (Tottenham), Fellaini (Manchester United), Kallstrom (Arsenal); Cornelius (Cardiff), Van Wolfswinkel (Norwich), Bent (Fulham).

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Sherwood is going to have a meltdown.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

quote:

“Every press conference I do, it’s about this manager or that who’s coming, whether it be Van Gaal or Hoddle or whoever,” Sherwood said. “Some of these managers are actually touting themselves for my job and that doesn’t sit well with me. It has been hard. I’ve had to keep my discipline and dignity and pride and just get on with the job.”

The qualities I most associate with Tim.

He's literally going to kill half the first team squad.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Eric Cantonese posted:

The players like him, though. Adebayor didn't salute AVB.

There's a lot of players that really don't like him though. That number increases every single time he speaks to the press.

Unfortunately for Tim, that number includes our actual best player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

And now Ray Clemence has come out and said that Sherwood has a good record compared to Wenger and Martinez with the implication that the only reason Sherwood's position is up in the air is because he's an English manager. I really don't want Harry 2.0, I had to suffer through the original and I don't think I could take the market stall imitation.

• Locked thread