Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aeverous
Nov 13, 2009

not not luvd posted:

Not really relevant. It's not about being scared by them it's about not wanting a lesser team to have better players when we're in dire need.

Would you say they're an unterteam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009
God I hope it's Pooshited and Arsenal in the Europa League.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009
Wenger out IMO. Imagine if you guys had a proper manager, like Brendan Rodgers.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009

not not luvd posted:

The lack of fixture congestion has been a huge influence IMO. It's not so much having 5-10 extra games, it's having to frequently play three games in a week.

You've had brilliant luck with injuries to your best players which is obviously partly influenced by the games bit.

United have poo poo the bed, we've been decimated by injuries to our best players, Chelsea are lacking a goalscorer and for some reason City are incredibly lazy and strolling through games.

Admittedly this is how a lot of teams win the league but you asked.

I don't want to take too much away because you have been brilliant this year but it's all coming together perfectly which requires a lot of luck.

E -

I don't know why I bothered to write that much. No injuries, fewer fixtures and poo poo rivals basically.

Here's the difference though, Brendan will expand the squad correctly for europe, Wenger will consider Yaya Sanogo to have really matured this season after his experience against Bayern.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009
e: wrong thread

I hope Everton get top 4 that rivalry has always been a bit of a strange one to me.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009

Guitar_Hero posted:

Everton and Liverpool fans don't have that virulent a rivalry anyway I didn't think?

Some people are quite in to it but for a lot of people the other team is like that really annoying cousin who you can't stand but ultimately you want him to do ok for himself, just not as good as you.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009

8raz posted:

Yeah but there is of course the other side of it, which is Everton fans seemingly competing with the above people to see who can be as obnoxious as possible.

There's very few people I talk to about football in real life because it just insufferable so you aren't alone fellow scuzzer.

Yeah but imagine being in Glasgow or something.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009

Xabi posted:

I remember when a dude on here predicted that Liverpool FC would never finish higher than fifth with Rodgers in charge. I wonder what he's up to these days.

I remember loads of dudes predicting that Stevie G one of the most complete players of his generation would be a liability this season because he can't run as much anymore.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009

tbp posted:

Seems a bit odd considering last season he was rather good in a similarly withdrawn position

It's gonna happen every year until he does actually decline but 33 was always too young for his career to be over when you look at his skillset.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009
Man U should be going after Schneiderlin if anything.

e: Imagine Schneiderlin at his at his peak in 4-5 years he's gonna be world class bossing midfields, he's the one worth Januzaj money.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009
Remember when coming against Man U meant Ronnie Rooney and Tevez were running at you and Rio and Vidic were world class shutting down all your attacks? They're gonna do a spurs trying to fix that squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009

euroboy posted:

they won't have any trouble selling him, there's plenty of teams desperate for US fans

Yeah and there's plenty of americans desperate for someone to be a fan of. Hey what if other countries played american sports. What if Ronaldo was a Quarterback. Really makes you think.

• Locked thread