Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Channelling the spirit of Andy Johnson for Sunday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWqvF8Juss0&t=34s

I'm on the front row of the Gwladys near the goal going absolutely mental

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

Barkley's not good/consistent enough yet to be a starter. Putting him in the same list as Rooney and Lallana is a bit unfair to the lad.

Agreed. Sturridge, Sterling, Rooney, Lallana for me

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

He knows he wouldn't be able to compete with Wilfried Bony, same as he knows he can't compete with Chelsea's strike options.

I reckon if Lukaku doesn't sign for us we will just nick Bony off you anyway ftw

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

We do love to nick things after all

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

No way Big Brendan's mates at Swansea will sell to your lot

We have a Swansea affiliate as our manager too it'll happen

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Cart Cam posted:

Not only is Bobby Martinez going to finish above United in the table he's also going to break Everton's record points total in the PL.

Phwoar it's enough to make you want to rub your thighs vigorously.

Remember the sniggers when he said in his first Press Conference that his target was Champions League?

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Eric Cantonese posted:

No. I thought it was a good target.

I'm talking about the literal, audible sniggers in the room when he said it, from the journalists.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

The fastest footballer is Sylvain Distin, fraud list

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

They'll sell him for like 20 million then buy him back when he is 24/25 for about 50

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

"wee wee wee" - franck ribery to an underage prostitute

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I really want big Andy to batter the Arsenal defence up tonight then Kevin Nolan to mop up the leftovers from two yards and do his chicken dance all night long

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Can't believe we let Cameron Jerome score. His numbers are almost Jozy-esque

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

anyone but city and liverpool imho

Remember when you bet me that Arsenal would finish within 2 points of Liverpool? haha wk4f

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Lot 49 posted:

Saying Moyes is handicapped by United's squad is dumb because a) that squad walked the league last season and b) Moyes has had two transfer windows and lots of money and done gently caress all to improve it.

And he's obviously been poo poo.

Your players are overrated shithouses and are in the position they deserve to be in, get used to years of mediocrity as you continuously blame managers and keep the rot in the dressing room bringing you down

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Lot 49 posted:

Help me out because I don't understand how that's not the same as being poo poo?

Hopefully your next manager can turn you into Everton 3.0 and you can get at least 12 more points next season lol

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

FullLeatherJacket posted:

The idea that the players are poo poo is nonsense. There are individuals who are suspect and positions that are weak, but as much as Mourinho is not a wizard, neither was Ferguson. The team he left behind was not a seventh-place team, and people who believe that he did shouldn't be allowed sharp objects on the ward.

Your team is poo poo and is exactly where it deserves to be. Write 10,000 more words about it.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

belgend posted:

In non-manager news, Mirallas out for the rest of the season :negative: gently caress

Feck.

Still, it could be worse

quote:

Doug in Fife, via text on 81111: Which Man Utd players would get into Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool? Rooney maybe. Van Persie when he turns up. That's it. Man Utd were supposed to be different. I'm done supporting them.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Taff what's up with Moyes falling out so hard with Neville and Woods, you'd think with him bringing them with him there'd have been some form of relationship there but now they seem to hate him as much as the United lot.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Taff posted:

Might not get the chance, the rumour doing the rounds yesterday was that Everton wanted to sign Cleverly

Don't start.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Lot 49 posted:

First time Everton, Manchester City and Liverpool have beaten United home & away since Premier League's inception.
First time Everton have beaten United home and away since 1969-70.
First time Everton & Liverpool have ever done a league double over United in the same season.
First time Man City & Liverpool have beaten United home & away since Premier League's inception.
First time United conceded a first-minute goal in the Premier League (Edin Dzeko for Manchester City).
United are guaranteed to finish the season with their lowest ever Premier League points tally.
United fail to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 1995.
United's worst home league form for over a decade.
Suffered three defeats in a row for the first time since 2001 this season.
Eliminated in the FA Cup third round - something which happened just once under Ferguson.
First ever home defeat to Swansea this term.
First home defeat to Newcastle since 1972.
First home defeat to West Brom since 1978.
First league defeat to Stoke since 1984.

Paul Jewell's record in charge at Derby in 08 was 0 wins, 4 draws and 15 losses.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

I would kill myself if we got Guardiola i would legit hate it.

You're a strange man bhyo

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

DickEmery posted:

There are probably more people who wouldn't want Messi in their team than Thiago.

lol we have reached peak insane hyperbole over the ability of Thiago in TRP.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

Moyes has already moved up to be the bookies favourite to be the next Spurs manager. Bollocks.

Hahahaha

Modus Trollens posted:

If Levy hires Moyes I'll loving march for god's sake

AHAHAHAHAHA

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

It's certainly far too much to pay a Shaw, a Januzaj, a Ronaldo

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Bit late but oh my god. Oh my God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

8raz posted:

Hmm looks like Liverpool are bottling the title? I bet those posters who were complaining about the scoozers not declaring themselves outright favorites are eating their words now.

In order to bottle something you usually have to be the outright favourites.

• Locked thread