Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I think Aston Villa could do with three more points to ensure BPL survival. Not that I'm really concerned because the bottom three is going to stay as it is. We've got Fulham next which we really should win, but they spanked us earlier this season because we're inconsistent as gently caress. Paul Lambert's cacky & poo army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

not not luvd posted:

I had no idea this had happened.

Haha, same.

CARDIFF DRAONGS

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Benteke has torn his achilles tendon and will miss the rest of the season and the world cup :(

Hahaha

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I look forward to seeing the Foxes back in the Premier League next season

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I want Liverpool to win the league because Chelsea is a oval office and it would annoy the Man Utd fans the most.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ahahaha

gently caress Chelsea, gently caress Mourinho, gently caress their fans

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

vyelkin posted:

I hope we beat City by one goal and they have one incorrectly ruled out for offside.

Oh wait no I hope we smash them 12-0 and Suarez and Sturridge each score a double hat trick.

I'm down with this.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Someone make the matchday thread so I can moan about Villa's lovely defensive line-up against Palace.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Dekko posted:

The thing is, I don't think Villa have a particularly bad squad (I think Lambert actually has a good eye for players). Its certainly better than Palace and Fulham's, the difference being those two have managers who can organise a team and motivate them, which is why they've both done the double over us and looked comfortable in doing so.

Lambert doesn't have any kind of recognisable style of play that he's developed, aside from abandoning the passing, attacking football we finished last season with replacing it with Get It To The Big Lad. He approaches every single game the same way (sit back and counterattack) and looks stumped when we come up against a team that does the same. He doesn't make proactive substitutions, he waits until we're a goal down before taking off a creative player and putting on another Big Lad (normally Jordan Bowery, a guy who wasn't even scoring goals in League 2 when we bought him). Not even the players can tell what he's trying to do, they just run about a bit, no sense of discipline or organisation.

Its not all him though, the way the team can't hold on to the ball or pass accurately over 5 yards implies the coaches are poo poo as well.

It's seriously shocking how incompetent we are at the very basics. This is a Premiership team and we literally struggle to make simple passes or retain possession. I don't know if it's the coaches or the players are just bad. Not only that but injuries seem to be sky-rocketing as well, just poor conditioning or bad luck? Very occasionally we pull out a great performance and look like top 6 material, but I've reached the point now where I think that those occasions are purely bizarre flukes and we are just a really lovely team from top to bottom - the owner, the staff, the coaches, Lambert and the players.

Our defence is woefully inexperienced and calamitous, thank god for Guzan. There's a reason he won our player of the year last season over Benteke. Baker and Clark are really awful and are not Premiership quality and if one or both of them is playing then I lose all confidence in any kind of result. I was thrilled when we signed Okore, absolutely gutted when he got injured for the season. The midfield is far too lightweight and can't tackle or pass. I don't know what's going on with our forwards. Benteke has had a poor season (by last year's standards) and ended up getting injured. Agbonlahor needs to go. His one attribute - speed - is disappearing and without that he's nothing. Weimann has had a woeful season. Kozak looked pretty promising but again, a bad injury.

I still don't think we'll get relegated but the fans are starting to turn on Lambert. It'll be interesting to see what he does over the summer.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Wonder what that's about

Interesting. I'm all for Cowans being rear end man :getin:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hoops posted:

I'm going "illegal betting" for the Villa assistants. Classic middle management profile.

They look like the type

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ponce de Le0n posted:

I have no idea but we need a bit of a shake up, but i dont think sacking lambert at this stage would be beneficial at all. So it'll be interesting to see.

I have no idea why they are gone though.

I don't know if we ever will either, Villa are always tight-lipped about goings on.

I've read a few reports/forum posts saying that the squad really enjoyed training today without Culverhouse and Karsa, more than they have in a long time. That's good if true and bodes well for the future.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Headhunter posted:

There's no way Everton fans would tolerate a second dose of Moyes now that we've seen what a real manager is like.

I think the lads down at Taff's Tavern may disagree with you but then they might not disagree with you

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

John Terry

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Speaking of Chelsea, what happened to the plan to get donations to pay off Mourinho's hefty £8000 fine?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Bus - 1
Blue paint - 1 can
Congestion charge fee - On expenses

This is good, this.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Phwoar, filthy rich billionaires planning to make huge investments in players, loving this.

It's clear Lerner has lost interest in the club. This is a good thing if true.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Blue Screen Error posted:

Its another set of Americans it won't be half as good as you're imagining. You want Arabs or Russians.

Probably not, but let me dream. :(

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Randy Lerner has put out a statement re: selling the club http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3777796,00.html

quote:

"Following the point yesterday at Villa Park, there have been stories about my selling the Club. On a personal level, I had hoped the emphasis would have been on the amazing effort on the part of our manager and our players to regroup throughout a very difficult week. Injuries to Libor and Christian, compounded with the early loss of Jores and the difficult rehab of Charles have no doubt left Paul with far less to work with than is fair. Still, Paul Lambert has done nothing but work within the parameters I've set, put the Club first and continue to trust his players. As regards my personal role at the Club and the steady rumours of a sale, I will address these after the season. Paul Lambert, Paul Faulkner and I speak daily and remain committed to the immediate job of limiting distraction and confusion in order that Villa have the best chance possible of finishing on a strong note."

No denial so I think that pretty much confirms it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hearing a lot of rumours that the guys wanting to buy Aston Villa are Ray Davis and Bob Simpson, owners of the Texas Rangers MLB team.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Give Moyes another 10 seasons imo so he can replicate his success at Everton

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

emjayo posted:

where will davey moyes go next?

Norwich or Villa

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This is disappointing news.

also

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

10 years to 10 months

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

"Is the Scottish retard in his office yet?" Ryan Giggs said adulterishly, knowing no one could ever possibly know what he was talking about

Were his lips curled? That's important.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Fire Safety Doug posted:

I am increasingly convinced that this was Ferguson's plan all along – he wanted to secure his reputation as a miracle worker who consistently got his players to overachieve, and that would have been impossible if some smirking skinny-tie manager had led his squad to a treble as soon as he retired. Moyes was the ideal fall guy and got a tidy payout for his trouble. Now the team can hire a real manager and start rebuilding in earnest. Which is of course a shame, because this has been a great season for comedy.

I've thought this for a few months now.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

One match at a time gentle Hoops. Hold your nerve. It's close, very close.

I hope Liverpool win the league I really do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Mourinho the master tactician. Rodgers the raw apprentice. Liverpool never remotely looked like champions in their biggest game for years. They might not get another chance for some time!

• Locked thread