Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

RVProfootballer posted:

Cech is only 31. He can be playing at a high level for at least another 5 years, probably longer. I don't think he's had any big drop in form, has he?

Not a big drop, but he's just a bit less consistent, and has a few less "wow" saves. Begovic, Sczczczczczney, de Gea and maybe a couple of others have been better than him this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
The Mail on Sunday has suffered a slow news day

"Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger fears players are putting their careers at risk by taking legal drugs to combat hair loss."

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

So I just got a notification on a footy app I have that says the Liverpool-City game next Sunday has been postponed...but I can't find anything about it elsewhere. Anyone know what that's about?

I thought one of our other games had been moved, but not that one

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

chuggo is BACK posted:

I don't think Wenger will go this summer but if he goes next summer I could really see it being Martinez if he keeps it up

Can't see Martinez leaving Everton if he gets them into the CL at Arsenal's expense.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

vaginal culture posted:

Wenger has done reasonably well with this piss poor group of players. Giroud is horrible and Cazorla has all the fitness of a sunday league player.

Given that he's bought all of them and not replaced them when their limitations became apparent, this doesn't really exonerate him.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
In Proper Football News, Liverpool's goalie kit for next season is pretty hideous.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

rats off to ya posted:

Losing to Villa made our chances slim. Losing to Palace was the nail in the coffin. No way Liverpool AND Man City will gently caress up that bad.

Dunno. A draw tomorrow and City drop points at Everton and suddenly you're right back in there.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

St Evan Echoes posted:

They're trying to show that Hansen and Shearer aren't so bad after all

Hansen at least has an entertaining "gently caress you" quality to his punditry.

And anything's better than Shearer.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
If we lose to Chelsea, I don't think we'll recover from the mental damage in time to beat palace.

Buuut. Win vs Chelsea and we've got one hand on the trophy. Draw and I still think we'll grind out a win at palace.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

DickEmery posted:

Bellamy will score handing Liverpool the title and saving Cardiff.
Then he'll punch john Terry in the tunnel.

What do I have to do to make this happen?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Villa?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Dammit.

Doesn't matter, I'm sure no foreign myth of a manager will be able to do any better than a plucky Scotsman with grit and determination.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
The Times have run the story too, with a similar number of sources (0).

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
So do we think Moyes will have to start again in the championship, or will someone like West Brom or Norwich give him a go?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Cart Cam posted:

You just listed two teams that means starting again in the championship...

I vaguely assume one of the two will survive given how bad Fulham and Cardiff are.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Smeef posted:

Have Liverpool posters realized they haven't won the league yet?

What do you think?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

ZeeBoi posted:

Looks like no Cech, Ramires, probably Terry and possibly Hazard this Sunday?

Has anyone from Chelsea given an update on any of them?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Counterpoint: Mourinho is a shithead who lies a lot, and a miraculous recovery by one and or both of them is exactly the kind of mind games bullshit he loves. How about Hazard? I thought he had a shot at playing in the game today?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

EvilHawk posted:

I suspect Hazard will feature, if only from the bench, but Cech is definitely out and I don't think Terry will make an appearance either.

Cautious optimism is not the natural habitat of the wild tarbrush. Let's watch and see how this one behaves in unfamiliar circumstances.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
God I hate :siren: MIND GAMES :siren:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

PirateBob posted:

:cawg: They're just going to leave it like this, aren't they. GJ "Communications Department".

You realise everyone in the front office is sitting in a private room at a swanky Manchester club with a bottle of beer and thousand yard stare, wondering what the gently caress just happened for the last 10 months.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

ayb posted:

liverpool are going in pot 3 next year, they're not getting out of their group

Not bothered about this. Just looking forward to some tasty European nights again :)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
If we win the title this season, the next couple of seasons are basically going to be playing with house money. We've no right to expect titles and winning it they way we've played would be amazing.

We'd still be in a scrap for fourth next year with the additional commitments, but it basically wouldn't matter.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

With amazing attacking footbal and an insanely good front 3?

Unrelated clauses. We have no right to expect titles.

Winning a title by playing good attacking football would be amazing.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I'm pretty sure the plan is to replace Johnson with a left back and move Flani Alves over to the right.

It'll be interesting to see how many of our loanees stick with the squad next year. If Wisdom, Ilori, Robinson, Coady, Suso and Borini are good enough to be rotation players next year it would solve a lot of our depth issues and let us spend the money on stars.

:argh: efb

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Sorry, I'm phoneposting, so I can't do code tags

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
van Gaal would still be pretty funny, if only for the expression on Wazzock's face.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
[meltdown]

I loving hate Mourinho. gently caress him, gently caress Chelsea.

[/meltdown]

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

irlZaphod posted:

Mourinho is Mourinho, we knew what to expect. I'm more annoyed that we didn't seem to have a clue how to break them down. There were times we could have broken a bit quicker but Mignolet's awful distribution doesn't really allow us to do that. When they were sitting back with the back 4 and the 5 in front of them, we needed runners to get in behind, but nobody was doing it. We were way too static.

Centre backs aside, I really don't see any different line-ups that Rodgers could have gone with. We had our chances early just didn't take them.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

sticksy posted:

Still baffled by Rodgers being so naive about how Mourinho would set up.

I get that the reason for success this season has been the all-out attack but why not go back to the Barca-lite possession style of play of last year to at least get a draw?

We had 75% of the ball for the first 40 minutes or so, but the goal changed everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Jose posted:

There are a few rumours as well that Rooney doesn't want van Gaal to become next Man Utd manager because he doesn't like his methods and the rumours he will make Robin van Persie captain instead

Lol.

• Locked thread