Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

tbf Aspas is looking like one too.

I don't think you can include Aspas in that list - he was always going to be a squad player, and it would be basically impossible to break into our attacking lineup this year. He only has one goal and one assist, but he's not had that many appearances and most of those as substitutes. He showed a bit of promise in preseason also, for whatever that is worth.

Overall, I think he'll work out as a decent covering player - he's only a bad investment when you consider his relative cost to someone like Sturridge.

Maybe I'm just an optimist though, I still think Borini will come good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

Call me old fashioned but if you are wearing a number between 1-11 you should be expected to be at worst be a borderline starter.

I didn't even know that this was the case :D

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Benteke has torn his achilles tendon and will miss the rest of the season and the world cup :(

That's a real shame. I was hoping to see how far a full-strength Belgian team would get. Although would Benteke even be their first choice striker over Lukaku now? Or do they commonly play two up front?

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Modus Trollens posted:

Suarez is going to bite Ramires anyway

Ramires is likely to be suspended.

• Locked thread