Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Not only is Bobby Martinez going to finish above United in the table he's also going to break Everton's record points total in the PL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
It's Kanu, he was only a nipper when Ronaldo was still in Portugal.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
I love all the Arsenal plastics crying about only coming fifth, let Hodgson cause you to get relegated and then you can have a proper cry.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Hodgson got Blackburn relegated, I'm still bitter and just wanted to whinge about Blackburn again.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
I didn't realise Hughton's record was so bad, I thought he'd won more than that.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
I still believe AVB could have been a success at Chelsea if he'd have kept his dictator's arm band, that would have inspired some loyalty from JT.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Eric Cantonese posted:

How often do people bring up Nottingham Forest's relegation under Clough?

I live in Leeds so every time he's mentioned here.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Thirteenth Step posted:

I can't understand why neutrals want the oil clubs to win the league over Liverpool. Liverpool are easily the most likeable of the title contenders.

Steven Gerrard.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

tarbrush posted:

In Proper Football News, Liverpool's goalie kit for next season is pretty hideous.

The goalie looks like a bad photoshop.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Do you reckon Gerrard punched somebody when the post match music at Anfield wasn't Phil Collins?

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Tottenham should have brought in O'leary, last time he got to spend a hundred million he nearly won the champions league.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Allegri vs. Moyes in the "who can tank this team faster" competition.

Allegri actually won something. Granted it was mostly due to Zlatan but still.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
If we're writing wish lists for managers we want to see in the PL I want to see Zeman take over Tottenham.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

tarbrush posted:

So do we think Moyes will have to start again in the championship, or will someone like West Brom or Norwich give him a go?

You just listed two teams that means starting again in the championship...

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Can't wait for 'Arry to appear in his car talking about how United are a top top club but he can't talk about that due to being manager of QPR.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Spangly A posted:

I'm amazed how many people are buying into this "it was obvious" myth

it wasn't

quote psybro for comedy gold on page 2 though.

tbp always believed in Brendan's boys.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

The Mash posted:

Welp, bye Moyes. No other way around it with those results.

I honestly don't know who would be good to bring in now.

I'm curious, who would non-United fans consider a good pick? Assuming Klopp is unavailable and other managers at big clubs (Ancelotti) aren't interested. I have to admit I don't know enough about van Gaals style as a manager to have an opinion of him one way or the other.

Maybe Laurent Blanc? But I don't know if he'd want to leave PSG. He's always had a good relationship with United and Ferguson and he seems like a very capable manager from what I've seen.

Unironically Van Gaal would be the perfect choice for United right now. What they need is for somebody to come in and completely tear this squad apart rather than try to continue with it like Moyes was doing but with a few additions.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

The Mash posted:

I think we need a Vassel/Jozy-style guessing thread for next permanent United manager. It'll give us something to do over the summer other than read made up transfer rumours

The summer already has the world cup.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

The Mash posted:

There's over a month from the end of the World Cup to the start of the new season though, and post World Cup silly seasons are by far the worst

But we do get to follow the continuing story of Bungling Jozy.

Shit Farm fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Apr 22, 2014

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
What other managers will fit with the cum on david moyes chant?

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I thought the era of past it players subbing themselves on was well gone and i'd never see it again. But i do, i get to see a 40 year old ryan giggs sub himself on for manchester united when they're 2-0 down while the latest youth prospect to get ignored instructs his agent to find him a new club.

I think Edgar Davids got sent off as a manager so he brought himself on as a player and got sent off again. I might be misremembering it to be Davids but a manager did it recently.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

Except he already had 2 La Ligas, a UEFA Cup, a European Cup and an FA Cup in the trophy cabinet. Moyes had uhh

The division 2 title actually :smuggo:

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/itvfootball/status/458613067052376065/photo/1

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
What's big Ron up to nowadays?

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
His predictions all look reasonable, though either side could be Lawro's given the dullness of them.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Diaby has the best job in the world.

Wayne Bridge had it for a while, train twice a week then go gently caress Frankie Sandford on your bed of money.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Tony Pulis' greatest achievement as a manager has to be making Scott Dann into a good player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Liverpool could probably got a goal back if Gerrard didn't shoot every time he got the ball.

• Locked thread