Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

euroboy posted:

It's a amazing that a football superpower like england only has one competent goalkeeper and garbagemen like Townsend and Zaha in contention for a place in the squad for the world cup.

Zaha and Townsend are only in contention in Michael Owen's mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Is there any chance of Walcott recovering in time?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

St Evan Echoes posted:

BSE how does Redmond look for Norwich these days? Often on MotD he looks really good because he's the only Norwich player who does anything going forward.

Better than Zaha and Townsend have been this year but not good enough for England. He can skin people all day long but then just shanks it into the stands. He tends to play better for England u21s than us because they use him on the right where he has to cross it instead of cutting inside.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Strawman posted:

Lamela, Mitroglou, Altidore, Fellaini, Soldado. There's a lot of great candidates this year.

Moyes

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Lukaku's agent says he's been in talks with Spurs over a possible move, he also says he won't be going to Swansea.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Micky Quinn claimed that over a yard he was the fastest man alive

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Jose posted:

Good news for Man Utd supporters, Tom Cleverly is going to be offered a new contract

They'll have to find him first

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Maybe Chelsea are selling all their strikers because some youth players are ready to break through

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

hadji murad posted:

Jose said they have no bids for Lukaku and he's pleased with his progress. Presumably he will stay or be reloaned.

With Lukaku's agent openly admitting he's been talking to Spurs and Everton (but not Swansea), its quite likely that he's been told to find a new club.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Adrian Durham in troll free and accurate article shocker

Amazing how he's pretty much the only member of the press not banging on the "poor old Chris Hughton being bullied by over-expectant Norwich fans" drum.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

not not luvd posted:

Fifth and a humiliating exit in the FA Cup and I'm done.

Don't do it luvd you have so much to live for

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Nice away form Norwich

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Jose posted:

Is that really happening much? If it is just shows how patronising the press are

Its because he's a big Spurs man and Spurs fans control the media, also Alan Shearer loves him.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Jose posted:

Wow, mods? I love him and also Shearer

Joking aside there are a lot of pundits who either played with him or coached with him and he's such a nice man that the rest don't want to believe he's not very good.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I did not expect that. Bit of a shambles tbh

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Neil Adams as caretaker is heartfelming as gently caress considering how he was treated by Glenn Roeder

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

euroboy posted:

Caretaker for the rest of the season or will they get a new manager in asap?

For the rest of the season I think.

When Roeder was our manager, Neil Adams was co-commentator and fans phone in host on Radio Norfolk, and just starting his career as a coach working with our under 14s or something. After a particularly shocking performance Adams criticised Roeder's team selection and tactics, not in a particularly aggressive manner, and Roeder went mental in a press conference:

oval office posted:

“And yet these nasty, irritating people that try and cause confrontation between myself and a player, between myself and supporters, are just bad people.

“They are people who will never manage a football club, they have little idea of managing a football club and yet they have a voice that reaches our supporters. Me and Huckerby get on very well. I don't have favourites, I don't do favourites. I pick the best team and at the end of the day it is my call.

“It is easy being a manager when you are one of 25,000 sitting in the stand or if you are an ex-player who is now working for the media who will never manage anything better than an under-10 team, thinking he knows best - and you know what I'm talking about, and I will deal with that, trust me.

He went on to get Adams fired because he's a nasty petty oval office.

After Roeder left Adams got his job back and worked his way up to be youth team manager and won the youth cup last season, and now he's a Premier League manager :3:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Nicolas Anelka's dedicated nazi tribute act continues as he flees to South America

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Deketh posted:

Well poo poo, Hughton has gone. Seems a bit silly so late in the season, I reckon they have just finally caved to fan pressure.

It does seem a bizarre decision from a board normally known for not taking knee jerk reactions.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Is it really an awful season? Seems like a normal Arsenal season except this time you're still in with a chance of a trophy

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Modus Trollens posted:

Theres no basis for false hope for next season though

Wenger's contract is running out

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Modus Trollens posted:

I reckon they get De Boer

Imo whoever they get has a Moyesian task on their hands

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Ewar Woowar posted:

Who do you like for the Norwich job?

Surely Malky would be right up there as both a popular and likely choice?

My heart says Malky but then my heart says that about everything. I think it will depend what division we're in, stay up and I think Neil Lennon will take over, go down and it will probably be Malky.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Jose posted:

Since February Newcastle have conceded 23 goals and only scored 6 lol

I just looked this up and 4 of those were in one match. Newcastle have scored in 3 of the last 11 matches.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

sassassin posted:

My contacts just told me Sherwood's going to be made Norwich manager in the summer.

Is your contact reputable football site caughtoffside.com?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I'm pretty sure that if we stay up Lennon will be our first choice as McNally has a massive hard on for Celtic.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Did the people who counted the votes have the surname Allam by any chance?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

nictigre03 posted:

I really don't get the Hull name change issue. Hull City Tigers is historical, already in place, and sounds much better. I know the owners were saying that sponsors wanted it changed to Hull Tigers but what makes that better exactly or more attractive (it isn't)?

Hull City Tigers isn't historical though, no-one ever calls a team by their real name and then their nickname, its one or the other.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

nictigre03 posted:

Yeah, I just read up on it some. Didn't realize they changed it to that prior to this premier league season. I don't really get the owners argument since Hull itself sounds pretty distinct to me.

They don't like the word City because there are too many other clubs with City in the name apparently.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

We're all proud ABUs here the important thing is that Manchester United won't be winning the league

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Xabi posted:

I remember when a dude on here predicted that Liverpool FC would never finish higher than fifth with Rodgers in charge. I wonder what he's up to these days.

Liverpool will not finish higher than fifth with Rodgers in charge is the new you won't win anything with kids

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Bugger the title race the important game is tomorrow at Craven Cottage

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Hoops posted:

Suarez at Carrow Road, gonna gently caress them up super bad

That was under Hughton, The New Messiah Neil Adams wont let that happen

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Its probably about time for Keegan to have another go isn't it?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Deketh posted:

Didn't catch the Fulham-Norwich game, how did Norwich play?

We returned to the diamond we used in the Championship under Lambert. Looked better going forward than usual but were nervy and because of the formation we lacked width and didn't have the invention to create anything through a congested middle.

Stockdale pulled off two great saves and Snodgrass hit the bar with a free kick but really it was just another one of those days where we could have played all evening without scoring.

St Evan Echoes posted:

They were good and unlucky. If they had bought a competent striker instead of the Wolf they'd be safe by now

Hughton brought in 6 strikers during his reign and they scored 8 goals between them, his tactics halved Holt's scoring rate, made him want to leave and drove Morison to literal depression, even if we had a competent striker they would score gently caress all.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Dekko posted:

I dont understand how Lambert was so good at Norwich but has been so mind bogglingly bad at Villa.

The "you don't know what your doing" line gets trotted out a lot when teams and managers are struggling, but I think in this case it looks genuinely true.

He's not been bad at Villa though really, he's doing as well as you'd expect results wise from a club that was in an a proper state when he took over and is now desperately trying to cut costs.

It is weird how his style of play has gone a bit backwards and his tactical versatility seems to have disappeared though.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

The fans should be turning on Lerner not Lambert imo

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Do supporters of other historically successful clubs have really high expectations too or is it just Newcastle fans?

Do Wolves, Blackburn, Leeds and Forest supporters think they deserve to be in Europe?

Leeds do deserve to be in Europe

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I imagine much of the Newcastle anger is down to everyone at the club not even pretending to have any ambition beyond not being relegated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

chuggo is BACK posted:

Well Norwich are the best team in the world

I'm not even sure if we're the best team in Norfolk

• Locked thread