Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003
One - You lock the target

CareyB posted:

I never really got Everton fans issue with the new badge either. Much cleaner design that still kept faith to the history of the club that the fans felt that it was new and they were somehow losing something by the change, but were they, really?

It wasn't that it was new. It was because it looks like it's been designed by a 12 year old.

Having said that, a large section of our internet fan base did get particularly riled up about the fact that any change was happening at all, especially any change that dropped any existing elements of the badge (even though some of them hadn't even been around that long).

tl;dr: Football fans be crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003

CareyB posted:

http://www.creativereview.co.uk/images/uploads/2013/11/evertonbadges_0.jpeg

4 badges here, top left is the rejected designed crest, top right is the 2014/15 crest others are fan crests. Picture below is the previous crest.

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article8635182.ece/BINARY/original/everton.jpg

Tell me the rejected crest is not infinitely nicer to look at than the others. The fact the fans made Bill Kenwright cry over a really decent badge design is pretty funny.

It's nicer than the old one (which in my opinion is a cluttered mess) but all of the 'new', new ones are nicer than the current one. If the current one had a better looking tower I'd have been perfectly happy with it. The reason the club changed it in the first place was because the old one had all the extra bits like the wreaths and the ribbons with the motto which, allegedly, was a pain in the arse to manufacture

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003
I'm so mad at some of my fellow Everton fans right now. A few that I know would rather we lose to City if it means that Liverpool don't win the title. They would happily give up a chance at CL qualification just to spite Liverpool. Madness.

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003

DickEmery posted:

I'm assuming you don't have to live surrounded by smug scousers for a year though.
still think you'll get 4th anyway, Arsenal are broken.

There is that. I live in Leeds but have a lot of Liverpool supporting mates who are unbearable enough as it is.

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003

aeverous posted:

Some people are quite in to it but for a lot of people the other team is like that really annoying cousin who you can't stand but ultimately you want him to do ok for himself, just not as good as you.

That's how I feel about it. Given that the other choices for potential champions are City and Chelsea, Liverpool winning is the least disagreeable option. It would be pretty cool to have both Merseyside teams competing again. The 80s was a magical time for football.

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003

Psybro posted:

I don't really get the slightly weird demented ex act from some Everton quarters towards Moyes, considering things are going well under Martinez and Everton weren't a Big Sam team or anything for the last decade. They might need him back when Martinez gets poached by a team offering him two of everything.

There's no way Everton fans would tolerate a second dose of Moyes now that we've seen what a real manager is like.

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003

Ravel posted:

Reminder that Moyes was the victim of a grand UEFA conspiracy to prevent Everton from being in the CL

We shouldn't even have finished 4th that season. We had 61 points and a negative goal difference. For comparison we have 69 this season with 3 matches to go.

Basically, Moyes' greatest achievement at Everton was purely due to 16 other clubs somehow being even worse.

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

Is he going to be ok for the World Cup?

Apparently.

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

And thats why i dont want him anywhere near a club i support. You combine that boring shite with the awful way he gets his players to act and you just turn into this toxic mess.

The players have forced out a wonderful man who was just trying his hardest for your club. Utd are already a toxic mess. They should just build a huge Chernobyl style concrete dome over Old Trafford.

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003

Brendan Rodgers posted:

We are still two points ahead of a team that has spent an absolute fortune.

Lol. As if Liverpool haven't spent a metric fuckton of money over the last decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003

Jose posted:

I'd quite like Moyes to become the next Newcastle manager I think

He'd get you challenging for 7th every season on a shoe-string budget. You could do worse I suppose.

• Locked thread