Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Honestly who gives a poo poo what the badge looks like or if an awful team like Hull change their name? For all I care, they can all wear Mello Yello jumpsuits and replace the national anthems with Alan Jackson songs as long as the foot is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Do I go down to the posting docks and knock the sailor's cocks out of your mouth?

Seems like you've been saving up that retort for some time. I regret to inform you that you've employed it in the wrong situation.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug
Surely someone would take the job just for the personal pleasure and worldwide appreciation that would come from making sure Tom Cleverley never sees the pitch again.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

chuggo is BACK posted:

Has there been anything about Ramires yet

I know he's a TRP favorite and would be an improvement over Moyes, but I don't think he has his badges yet.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug
Rooney's overrated as gently caress, and the only reason no one calls him out on it is because he looks like some computer-generated average of every man and woman in England and that fucks with the public ability to objectively evaluate him.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

ZeeBoi posted:

lol why the gently caress would Klopp, Simeone or Blanc leave their respective clubs where they enjoy plenty of success.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug
Martinez for Moyes + a huge sum

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug
I don't think he'd survive another season anyway. I don't mean without getting fired/resigning. I mean I think he might actually die if he were to continue managing United. The man has aged twenty years in less than one.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I can't see Giggs being that far up his own arse. It's United, not Spurs.

Not that big of a stretch considering the man was up his sister-in-law's arse for a decade or so.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug
If they'd brought in Guus Hiddink in January they'd be top of the league and in the CL semis imo

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug
I like the noticeable break from posting that has occurred as everyone reads Taff's post and then proceeds to laugh for a few minutes.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

tbp posted:

Have Arsenal posters realized they haven't won the FA cup yet

Have Liverpool posters realized they haven't won the league yet?

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

tarbrush posted:

What do you think?

There's a part of me that wants to see City win by GD in dramatic fashion on the last match day just to see the meltdown that would occur. Liverpool are playing much sexier football, though, so that probably wins out over my sadism.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Eric Cantonese posted:

Did Moyes do a "it's not my fault, it's the players," speech like Hodgson and Dalglish both pulled? I hate it when managers do that.

Hard to pull that one when you have the same team that won the league last year plus 50 odd million in additional signings.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

vyelkin posted:

I'm sad that we won't have any more Moyes gifs.

The next manager won't last either. You've killed Andropov but you have to kill Chernenko too before you get Gorbachev.

Moyes has hair, though, so the next manager has to be bald.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

They're a US company so major announcements have to come during NYSE opening hours or something.

Pretty sure the rule is just that they have to announce major news immediately and inform the NYSE as soon as possible. If it's after trading hours, they just have to notify them soon after opening, which doesn't really matter since the markets will have already responded anyway.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Chris de Sperg posted:

I don't think Welsh is a race, more a breed,

an inbreed, if you will

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Duncan Sperguson posted:

lol we have reached peak insane hyperbole over the ability of Thiago in TRP.

I'd certainly prefer a less skilled but well adjusted colleague over the Dwight Schrute of football.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

funkybottoms posted:

haha, it's like Game of Thrones

Giggs's sister eventually consented

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Raffles posted:

AVB couldn't even put on a loving tie.

nah it's just so skinny you can't see it

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug
If they hope to capture more of the American market, they should bring in the Bruce Arena.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Modus Trollens posted:

RB is the shittest position on the pitch

if you were taller and stronger you'd be a CB
if you could use your left foot you'd be a LB
if you could pass better you'd be a CM
if you were faster you'd be a Winger
if you could finish you'd be a striker

flawless logic

For a great pub league RB just find some friend who maybe never played football but does triathlons. Always shows up on time and sober and won't give too much of a poo poo if your keeper doesn't show up and yo gotta throw him in goal.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

rats off to ya posted:

I hope they pump the signature Subway smell into Anfield and it makes everybody hungry...for goals!

You're gonna drive Toure to suicide.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

J Hume posted:

Not 100% EPL-related, but here's an interesting article about tactics from a player's perspective:
http://deadspin.com/why-soccer-tactics-matter-a-player-explains-1566582214

quote:

In recent years, we've gushed over the development of conservative 11-men-behind-the-ball approaches, the growth of tiki-taka and passenaccio, the rise of the mythical 4-2-3-1, and the spread of gegenpressing and counterattacking.

Lost me after the second sentence.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Modus Trollens posted:

mind games? they're literally going to yell at each other and then wrestle on the touch lines its going to be brilliant

mental games

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug
Not even a Chelsea fan but just wanna say that Willian is a :krad: player.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug
You forget that City have newly poo poo centerback Vincent Kompany and famously poo poo keeper Joe Hart.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Gorn Myson posted:

That, and he spunked 30m Euros on Coentrao.

Hard to get too worked up over that when Ancelotti spent 40m on Illarramendi.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Spangly A posted:

Seriously, watch the games. He's an incredibly poor manager with absolutely no clue what he's doing. He seems to be alright at motivating players and they're getting results based on the fact that professional footballers have a rough idea what they should be doing. But he's not helping the team in any way, he's a joke.

His method of choosing midfielders is genuinely park-level "passy lads in midfield, quick lads out wide" regardless of their skillset. It's hilarious.

Sounds a bit like one of England's other top, top managers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Juan de la Cruz "Juande" Ramos Cano is a Spanish former footballer and manager who is currently in charge of the Ukrainian football club Dnipro Dnipropetroporborsky

I hear he's been linked with a move to the RPL.

• Locked thread