Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

DickEmery posted:

Don't think that can happen because of the draw.

Anyone can face anyone in the final. Except England vs USA cos we're both terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

I'd have happily traded the 4 points we took off you for the cup

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Gorn Myson posted:

I suppose that even if we don't win the league, we'll have a repeat of the away game at St James's Park on the last day of the season. Which should be fun. 6-0, even Borini scored.

Borini loves scoring against Newcastle

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

Always remember Nicky Butt has more medals than Gerrard lol.

Remember Nicky Butt was the player of the 2002 World Cup

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Thirteenth Step posted:

Who else is Scottish and been at their club for a while?

Neil Lennon is Northern Irish but he manages in Scotland does that count

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Eric Cantonese posted:

Did Moyes do a "it's not my fault, it's the players," speech like Hodgson and Dalglish both pulled? I hate it when managers do that.

He was doing that back at the start of the season

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Chelsea will field a weakened team, play defensively and win 1-0 on the counter. Mourinhowned

Not that weakened, they have a decent midfield that all can't play because of either cup tiedness or suspension. Admittedly that includes Mikel.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Xabi posted:

The deal's supposedly £30m, because he'd pick up £100,000 x 52 weeks x 6 years - it's not the transfer fee. I don't think I've seen a suggested transfer fee, but I might be wrong...

Only a five year contract reported by the guardian, so it looks like the £30m quoted actually is the fee. It's insane.

Modus Trollens posted:

People say that Gareth Bale used to influence games from the LB position in League one as a teenager

then again people are Harry Redknap and Bale wasn't actually a wing back

Julio Arca used to run games from left back :qq:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

If only they hadn't sent Brave Sam out on loan...

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Notice how they're all clustered by type, he must not be recovering from the previous one before training/playing again.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

As of the Swansea game, Sunderland have no longer scored the more goals at SJP as Newcastle in this calendar year. Now it's the same number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Maoist Pussy posted:

Why isn't Redknapp being considered for United?

Jamie? He's got that Sky gig

• Locked thread