Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005

Ravel posted:

And now that Fellainis been exposed as dross, their team isn't looking nearly the dark horse people bleated on about eight months ago

Fellaini's a great player he just can't run. Choke the space on the outside and let the opposition attack through a narrow gap in the middle and the ball won't pass him. Also Belgium still have Courtois, Kompany, Vertonghen, Hazard, Mirallas, Dembele, Lukaku and many more solid players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005

CareyB posted:

I know everyone is berating mourinho for this but noted tika taka from the other side of scouse land (martinez) spoke about football being a game of errors in that podcast he did so it's not as if this is just mou's thinking but pretty much common fact - and I personally found it ever so slightly insightful really as a different way of thinking. Its especially funny to read that after one huge glaring error from the weekend. That slip was pretty much his philosophy personified and gently caress me it's glorious.

I think everyone needs to remember that Chelsea during the first half of the season were naturally very attacking. Get the ball to Hazard and then him, Oscar and Willian (with Ramires bombing forward) would switch positions rotating around each other however they wanted. This failed because of an ineffective striker provided less space for the midfielders to get enough goals/assists. Mourinho got frustrated at the lack of overall control in a game and went back to basics with a heavy defensive mindset with quick counterattacks. Next season with a better striker he may return to a more attacking gameplan.

• Locked thread