Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

And also the really bad spin the Bevin campaign is putting out, first saying that he had no idea the Gamefowl Defense Network was a cockfighting group and now the pivot to "James Madison: probable cockfighting enthusiast".

Here's a sentence I would never have thought I'd see in total seriousness. Hopefully this is just the tip of the ice berg for crazy poo poo this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

There was also the story about Senate candidate Chris McDaniel deciding to quit his speaking spot at the neo-confederate gun show in Guntown, Mississippi today.

He's the one who earlier this year couldn't remember how many League of the South rallies he'd spoken at.

See, that's something I expected to see. Using the 'founding fathers did it!' defense for cockfighting on the other hand...

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Gyges posted:

Who wants to read about 19th century presidents drinking poo poo? There's no reinforcement of parental nagging there. Wear a coat saves lives, don't drink poo poo is just common sense in this day and age.

Great example on why this country needs the EPA. There's a lot of work that goes into making it so you don't drink poo poo water.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

loquacius posted:

Remember, according to conservative ideology anything that provides the rich with more money conveniently gives you more freedom somehow!

Trickle down freedoms.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Mike Huckabee has a few more thoughts on the ladies. Also too, the gays.

Next up on Huckabee: What's the deal with airline food?!

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
The rich will finally be free! No longer will they be shackled by the poors taking all their hard-earned cash!

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

The best name in US politics is still Butch Otter, Governor of Idaho.

He's still a fuckwad.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

shrike82 posted:

It drives me nuts that Ryan is held up as a economic/budgetary savant by Republicans.

I like to think he's the only one who actually comes up with anything other than "loving OBAMA!"

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

VitalSigns posted:

Except he's using "but as an adult, loving your adult cousin is a choice" as an argument to force underage girls to bear the children of their rapist fathers or uncles.

That's just a gift from God for enduring such a hardship. :freep:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

greatn posted:

Is this his way of saying "If you don't have sex with me that could be abortion"?

Not like the GOP isn't against moving goal posts so long as it fits their agenda (oppressing anyone not a white male here).

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Don't forget the toxx threads for Romney and McCain. Imagine those exiled many right wing blow hards.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Good Citizen posted:

Yep. The BLM has said they are not going to enforce the removal order and are pulling out of the area

I'll take it. If they didn't I'm sure it would have ended with blood and make the federal government look even worse. Let the right-wing assholes beat each other off over it because that's all they're getting.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Good Citizen posted:

Oh yeah, definitely. The feds are playing the long game here for sure. Once this story slides off the drudge front page and all the militiamen finish celebrating, the rancher is hosed.

Walsh joining up just in time to publicly spike the football is pretty hilarious though.

Bonus points because they'll be too busy celebrating to care when said loving happens.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
The Game of Politics, a Right Wing Circle Jerk

Cross post from the Traditional Games kickstarter thread. Have fun.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Wisconsin Republicans are going to address an important question at their upcoming convention.

Look, sometimes the Federal government is just tyrannical and you kind of have to secede, so Wisconsin Republicans need to make clear that option is totally on the table. An example of that tyranny? How about the recent budget agreement between the House and the Senate, which they have also drafted a resolution to condemn? The resolution does not mention the House member who was a party to that agreement, because his name is Paul Ryan (R-WI).

Does that mean we get rid of the Packers?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
What's he bitching at? Probably doesn't even have to stand in line with the rest of us.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
If only there were some sort of person or company you could hire to do taxes for you.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Here's an ad from Boehner's Republican challenger J.D. Winteregg. I've linked it to the most important part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A8kq85Umco&t=45s

Good lord it's like Christmas all over again.

I refuse to believe ol' Rumsfeld hired any worthwhile tax help. Instead he's just bitching that he has to pay for something other than destroying countries.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Awww looks like the chances of ending this terrible world in cleansing nuclear fire just got a bit more remote. :smith:

Well well well it appears that 35% of people that signed up for the ACA were under 35. If you exclude people who got health insurance through their parents and just straight signups on the exchange or Medicaid, 18-34 year-olds make up 28% of all enrollees. Also the new new total is 8 million total signups. WAY TO FAIL OBUMMER-DON'T-CARE.

Only 28%? That's another 72% to go, Obongo! :freep:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Robviously posted:

This is all goddamn hilarious and infuriating because it's exactly what the shitheels said was going to happen if they voted in favor of the union. If VW looks elsewhere, I hope that the two leading the charge against unionization are made to eat their words but I know, sadly, that it won't happen. All I can want now is for VW to expressly point to the anti-union tactics as to why they're only keeping status quo instead of expanding.

But... but... UNIONS. They'll spin it as "VW left because those dirty union thugs refused to leave us alone."

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

SedanChair posted:

Is that a smoker? I want it.

Thing is pretty drat cool. Not on Sarah Palin BBQ level but it's up there.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

The Louisiana GOP has filed an ethics complaint against Harry Reid for saying mean things about the Koch brothers in which they appear to be arguing that Senators' Twitter accounts may only be used for official business. Watch out Cory!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaad he's touching me!

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Already did, its the pope and/or indulgences.

Yeah this current pope is doing a great job of being a good Christian as opposed to an right-wing rear end in a top hat Christian.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

oldswitcheroo posted:

You got it. Online bundling service. You can give to the DNC and its associated congressional arms through it too. He's comparing Charles Koch's political spending to the spending of hundreds of thousands of people. Act Blue handles your money and ostensibly verifies that you're allowed to give the money you're trying to, then passes it along. It's just an online bundling service.

Yeah but the Koch's are Captains of Industry so they clearly deserve more freedom of speech points than hundreds of thousands of people.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I love that there's a non-zero amount of people who think 'gently caress man, it's like every figurehead we latch on to for representing our views and being admirable to us all turns out to legitimately hate at least one minority' and take that to the totally logical place of 'this must be because of a left wing plot...'

That would require self-reflection.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
The evil black man will be gone so the crazies will think that their opportunity to save America has finally come! Really, I hope y'all are ready for 2016 because it's going to be amazing.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Chelsea's baby will be eligible to run for President in 2052, in case anyone is curious.

Theoretically I could retire that year.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

So after they didn't get the fight with the evil feds they were looking for, they're instead fighting each other now?

Death by OK Corral is next in line after Death By Feds if you're a crazy asshat play-solider.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

I've been collecting "the problem with millennial employees" stories that all riff along the line. The complaint is that millennials all want full spectrum health care, pensions, vacation, sick days, flextime, and will leave in a heartbeat if another job offers them a better deal.

drat those kids, not being wage slaves!

(And seriously, every place has you sync your smartphone with the server these days, meaning you are always on call, so how can you justify denying flextime? If I'm spending 3 hours at home programming something, why can't I roll in an hour late and stay until 6 to go to the dmv?)

Oh this place is offering me a better deal and that makes you grumpy? Piss off, free market bitch! :smug:

damnit I'd settle for an offer for a real job

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

The-Mole posted:

Historically that stuff goes hand in hand with economic downturns. When people can readily make a good living and derive some self-respect and satisfaction from their livelihood, they could really give two shits about joining some stupid militia. When people are all depressed and aimless from not finding any work in years, the acceptance and camaraderie and sense of purpose of militias and poo poo has way more appeal.

Come to the Freep thread. Our lovely hovel will tell you exactly why that militia number shot up recently.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Law and Order: Special Benghazi Unit, coming to FOX NEWS this Fall!

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

fool_of_sound posted:

What do Republicans really expect to gain from keeping Benghazi in the news? If they want to use it to assassinate Hillary's character or something, wouldn't it have been way more prudent to have saved it for the actual primaries/election? And if they wanted to impeach Obama they have actual provable things they could use, even hypocritically. All this seems to be doing is ensuring that the issue is settled for all but the most rabid of Republican voters by repeatedly crying wolf. Is this really just an attempt to stir up crazies for the midterms?

Their hate machine is fueled by kneejerk reactions. They have nothing, that cannot be slung back onto them, to pin on Obama. Also helps that their crazy asshat tea party wing will primary anyone out who doesn't constantly beat the anti-Obama drums.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
This entire thread.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I imagine there'd be a GOP senator or two that would say "You fuckers are idiots" and vote no as well.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Where can I get in on this welfare?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Defenestration posted:

I read something that said New Jersey has a law that triggers (haha) whenever there is a smart gun available for reasonable sale anywhere in the US that from then on only smart guns will be legal to sell in NJ

I make no claims to the legitimacy of this statement

You're just asking questions.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Aluminum didn't become widespread until electricity because of the process to smelt it. Gotta zap that poo poo. So yeah it's energetically expensive to get the metal from ore.

Good thing there's huge amounts of recycled stuff.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
If they dredge up 10 'scandals' in the like of Benghazi and the IRS bullshit they get a free real one.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Vote every chance you get you assholes. No vote is meaningless*.

*certain state in 2000 excluded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

hobbesmaster posted:

Yes, fracking can be done with minimal environmental damage compared to other methods.

Too bad thats more expensive so nobody will ever do it.

Yeah but that would harm the JOB CREATORS.

• Locked thread