Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Man I hope that holds, Rahm is such a huge piece of poo poo I seriously can't think of a worse democrat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

shrike82 posted:

Heh, I literally made a 10 grand bet on Obama beating Romney on inTrade.

Didn't Arkane make something like a hundred grand betting on the election?

Anyway lots of rich people have no idea what middle class is or what its like not being Mega-rich. These people often think a person making several hundred thousand yearly is middle class. Not to mention we should probably be more concerned with our working/lower class then those in the middle since the former out number everyone.

Edit: Also McCain's best out of touch moment was not being able to remember how many houses he owned.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I was masturbating over the idea of Abrams rolling in and wrecking their poo poo but really the authorities absolutely made the right move in backing off. The fact that these people are turning on each other now proves it. I mean let's face it militias are filled with various types of unstable wackos looking for any and all reason to become violent, its only natural that if the feds wont give them a reason to become martyrs then they will find one amongst themselves. The only problem is that there are children in their group and I don't really see any good outcomes for them :( I guess we can hope they just get bored or run out of money and go home but I don't know if the odds are good of that happening.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 1, 2014

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

me too man, I was reallly smacking my lips and rubbing my thighs at this, send in the tanks

I was using hyperbole there, my point was that outside of fantasizing about these white supremacist militias getting their comeuppance it would in reality be very stupid to engage them.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

It's pretty telling that people who want more government "efficiency" always try to do it by cutting social programs instead of corporate subsidies, tax breaks for the rich, or that 1 trillion dollar f-35 shitheap.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Amergin posted:

No, I'd rather local governments work with local businesses and shelters/social workers to figure out what training could be provided to the homeless, what skills they currently have, and what roles they could fill in finding jobs to find an apartment themselves.

Businesses want there to a large segment of society impoverished and desperate so they can keep them paid as little as possible.

Anyway you were just given a link proving that it would save the government money to simply give housing to the homeless instead of keeping them on the streets, which is why I used quotations around the word efficiency in my last post, you don't actually want it and in fact support government waste as long as it keeps the homeless just that.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

The reason welfare programs even exist in the first place is because charity wasn't cutting it. The wealthy and the businesses they own don't give anywhere near the amount required to provide a decent safety net. And just to preempt it, please don't try to sell me a line about how they totally would if it wasn't for some crushing tax burden (that lower then its ever been in modern America).

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

A Winner is Jew posted:

Only "service guarantees citizenship" is literally the Dream Act minus the provision that "service or a college degree guarantees citizenship" that Obama has been pushing and the right wing screams about because anything Obama does is the devil.

It doesn't matter what the mechanism for achieving citizen status is, Republicans just don't want any non-whites in the country period, especially if they would probably vote Democrat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

On this topic wasn't much of Mitt Romney's charitable donations to his church which used the money to fight against gay marriage in California?

• Locked thread