Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

hangedman1984 posted:

Not quite everyone. Haven't heard anything close to the Gil Jon speech from any republican politician.

Gil John is that dude in Oklahoma who just said that making it difficult for women to buy birth control is bullshit because men can buy jimmy hats at any age. "This isn't the republican party I originally joined"

All the left wing websites are blowin up about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Devor posted:

Please stop nerding up this thread with the embarrassing goon project chat

It's a slow news day. How does it hurt you if people want to make a tangible difference?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
"Well i'm just wondering if they were better off as slaves"

It's just mind blowing that he doesn't realize that even *asking* that question makes him a poo poo heel racist.

holy poo poo i'm laughing so hard i'm crying listening to all these stupid loving comments and interviews about this dude.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Did the CNN guy really say that Bundy brought a dead cat on the show? Is there any footage of this?

Also - just so you know - I'm sure that Rosa Parks and MLK would agree with this stance of bringing a dead cat on the show.

Edit - Apparently it was a dead CALF Still really creepy and strange.

silicone thrills fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 25, 2014

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Just an FYI - I got a call from a private number, on my cell phone, claiming that "paul ryan blah blah blah - please give democrats 214$ to take back our house." When I asked what website the guy was with he kept trying to convince me to give my credit card over the phone and I told him I never do that, i'll go to their webpage. He hung up on me. So yeah - scammers are about. I think he thought I was old too because he kept bringing up my medicare vouchers.

I've only ever donated on Emily's list or Act Blue so maybe one of their lists was compromised.

Probably isn't the most appropriate place to let folks know but probably the best thread that fits the bill.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Man I knew I was well off but I had no idea that making $250,000 a year combined income in the PNW was CEO rich. Excuse me while I go roll in my monopoly money and buy a yatch... yatht... gently caress not that rich. Can't even spell it.

(I'm top 5% according to a local calculator - Pretty cool but not like I can go out and buy what ever I want or quit my job tomorrow with out serious consequences) I'd be perfectly happy to legit pay 35% in taxes but there are so many automatic tax breaks built in to even turbotax that last year we paid like 18% due to mortgage interest and new car sales tax exemptions.

On Veteran stuff: Sister was deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan multiple times and she's a structural engineer and later changed to being a medivac logistics person? Either way her base was being mortared constantly and once had one land pretty close. It's been about 8 years but she still seems to have some issues about it. I'm sure it would have helped if she could have actually seen a therapist but I guess the military frowned on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Private charities already aren't filling in the gap that currently exists. What makes you think they'd magically start?

• Locked thread