Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Fojar38 posted:

I refuse to defend the Iraq War but I think you'd have to be pretty ballsy to argue that removing Saddam Hussein from power wasn't an objectively good thing.

9 out of 10 child brides agree with you!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/10753645/Iraq-ready-to-legalise-childhood-marriage.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

beatlegs posted:

Any thoughts on why the KKK seems to feel so comfortable coming out of the shadows recently?

Have you seen the republican party lately? I can't imagine what about a nativist xenophobic organization which derives its power from focusing on the influence of a specific racial group would appeal to the KKK.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Someone post that Bors "Open Carry? No--Open POINTING is where its at!" comic.

Plus, if I saw some redneck with an AR walking towards my car "Oh hey, a reasonable human being who merely wants to offer some literature" would not be the first thing on my mind. I guess that makes me an unamerican Bad Person.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Clearly, he just has interesting taste in necklaces.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

So on a scale from "awkward open carry BBQ" to full on "Lord of the Flies," where is the Nevada ranch situation sitting now?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Radish posted:

I'm waiting for bankers to just straight up murder people personally then use the argument that if they are prosecuted the tender hearted investors will freak out.

Well, we are an oligarchy. Feudal state isn't too far from that...

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

more friedman units posted:

The cops have plenty of time, I'd think the big concern is the hotheads working themselves up into shooting first. Attacking journalists and ordering the sheriff to seize federal weapons and "report back" doesn't sound like they're calming down.

That was done right when the BLM was backing down, if I'm recalling this correctly. Bundy was riding high and figured he could issue some more demands while he had the guns and numbers. Not sure if he really believed it would work or not--he was probably showboating.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Amergin posted:

The difference was these were armed protesters regarding a popular issue in the media at the moment in an election year with a partisan mood and the shooting of a bunch of cattle ranchers (who, left- or right-wing, are deified by many Americans to the point of giving the military a run for their money) would not look good for government PR.

Versus one random woman in an already-disgraced movement. This isn't "the police just leave right-wing protesters alone," I'm sorry but that just sounds petty.

Quick, name a rightwing protest that was broken up by riot police/tear gas. Bonus points if you can name one with a sexual assault by said police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

It was a public safety issue. Pretzels are stone-cold killers.

• Locked thread