Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

quote:

Some states found away around the cuts but adjusting the levels of heating oil they give the poor, qualifying them for food stamps. Boehner is furious and looking for a way to reverse that and punish those states for "thwarting the will of Congress and the American People". State's Rights! (to poo poo on the poor)

Any chance I can have more detail on this? How does that work, give less oil they become more officially poor to qualify for programs or what? Or is it more oil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

shrike82 posted:

I like to think that our posts will be referenced in academic texts 50 years from now with attributions to names like SedanChair and Captain_Maclaine.

Are there studies or research into this? How likely will this be when it comes down to internet research? I know MMORPG's got a lot of love with the Daedalus Project for a lot of trends.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

anonumos posted:

"The lepers obviously sinned, and the other ill and infirm did too. gently caress 'em." - The American Christian

In the fiction I usually read, this sort of situation usually ends up being "The people who turn around and help are the ones who get to go on, while the people who were apathetic assholes burn."

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

zoux posted:

Robert Reich has a neat video up about just how biased the US Tax Code is in favor of the ultra rich:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdV_CfDRjDc

Quick someone tell me if Robert Reich is a legit Cool Guy or if there is some failure in his ideological purity that discounts everything he says all the time and forever.

I love the voice over makes this sound like one of those PSA's from the 50's, and thats not a dig it sounds more... Authoritative and helpful.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Job Truniht posted:

There's no way they could ever pay engineers enough to relocate to loving Dallas.

What about Austin? Roosterteeth seems fine there.

• Locked thread