Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Things are arguably the least terrible they have ever been! I wouldn't bet on winning that argument, but you could certainly make it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Shbobdb posted:

The "naw-ah!" defense is not recognized in most countries.

I cited a HuffPo article and then Ginsburg cited Rolling Stone. Both pop sources, I'll admit. But that is more than your "nothing aside from bold assertion".

Tell us again how everyone who thinks cockfighting should be banned is a virulent racist.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Shbobdb posted:

Paragon,

Did I stumble into Freep where asserting that privilege influences how we relate to issues automatically means I'm calling everyone a virulent racist?

See if you can follow me on this one genius.

Considering poor minorities "cockfighting mudpeople" is extraordinarily racist.

Some people in this thread want cockfighting banned, because they don't like having animals kill each other for sport.

You stated:

Shbobdb posted:

If we're going to continue disparaging the gambling habits of the poor, minorities and (especially) poor minorities, we should really have a separate thread so we can really feel morally superior to those cockfighting mudpeople.

Are you saying you didn't mean to characterize opponents to cockfighting has having the view of poor minorities as "cockfighting mudpeople"? Because if you didn't then I have no idea what you were trying to convey here. If you did mean to characterize them that way, then how is that different than calling people who want cockfighting banned racists?

You, at best, phrased a concern that opposition to cockfighting is being used as another way to target minority and immigrant communities extremely poorly.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh yeah, that reminds me. I spotted my first truck crazily adorned with campaign material of the year. It begins. :getin:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Gravel Gravy posted:

Could USC's mascow Sir Big Spur make an appearance?

His name is Cocky. :colbert:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I have to agree that our police sergeants not knowing how to hold a beer mug properly is a very serious concern for our fair republic.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Slo-Tek posted:

Don't worry though, he is very sorry to all the people he disappointed, and the snugglebunny staffer has been removed from the payroll.

What's the over/under oh him having her added to the staff just so she'd be conveniently nearby when he wanted to get laid?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Joementum posted:

Looks like Burwell will get at least one Republican vote for confirmation. Also, I decided to include some of the replies.

And now the secret daughter is African. :allears:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Ah my bad, silly me there have been so many insane racists claiming his innocent adopted child who did nothing to harm them was some horrible family secret shame, I forgot what the truth was!

I didn't even know that he had an adopted daughter! I just thought the ol' Rove smear had drifted over the years!

You'd have to be a complete shitheel to consider that a real smear, but you know what I mean!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Stew Man Chew posted:

Been a helluva legislative session here in the second worst state in the union. Thanks Mississippi, you've always got our back.

Surely we're better than Alabama?

Seriously though, wouldn't further efforts to make access to abortion more difficult (that's what this is really about, right?) negatively affect black communities as well? It seems insane to me for people to complain about that.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Apr 12, 2014

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
nevermind

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Next step: Make it legal to kill in defense of another person's fetus.

Are fetuses defined as people elsewhere in law that anyone knows about?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Why couldn't Campaign Obama be President? :smith:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Joementum posted:

Wisconsin Republicans are going to address an important question at their upcoming convention.

Look, sometimes the Federal government is just tyrannical and you kind of have to secede, so Wisconsin Republicans need to make clear that option is totally on the table. An example of that tyranny? How about the recent budget agreement between the House and the Senate, which they have also drafted a resolution to condemn? The resolution does not mention the House member who was a party to that agreement, because his name is Paul Ryan (R-WI).

Tell them that South Carolina said Good Luck With That.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Travel to and from Wisconsin became extremely limited due to constant cries to "secure the border" on both sides. Due to extremely limited funding, visas to the U.S. became extremely limited, prompting one state senator to famously quip: "In Wisconsin, you are free to do anything except leave."

Edit: I thought Republicans were for small government! Surely county and municipal governments are smaller than state ones?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hypocrisy is a terrible thing.

Almost as terrible as the Koch's failed agricultural policy which has lead to the starvation of millions.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

What do you mean? Can you provide an article or a link?

Part of a running joke chief. It'd be pretty hard for the Koch's to have an ag policy seeing as how they aren't lawmakers or government officials of any kind.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
If Huckabee didn't want people putting their hands on him then he would stop dressing like a whore.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Taxes are actually super loving easy if you document your poo poo properly and earn less the 150k a year. If easy taxes are so drat important to Rummy he should give all his assets to charity and get a minimum wage job in retail. Filing a 1040-EZ only requires a W-2 and five minutes of your time.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

On Terra Firma posted:

I run my own business and it's a little tricker than that. It took a whole TEN MINUTES of talking to my accountant and then a whole FIVE MINUTES writing out checks to the IRS. Granted I kept my books in ship shape all year round and had everything printed out from quickbooks ready to go. Most business owners are morons when it comes to that poo poo.

If you know how to manage your loving finances, it's not rocket science at all.

I don't know how you deal with that Schedule C. I mean it's two WHOLE pages! When will Obama stop this insanity?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Only spotted the one from SC so far but it's a real winner:

quote:

Republicans opposing expanding Medicaid because "it is good politics to oppose the black guy in the White House"
By Dan Roth on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

From March 14, 2013:

Across the United States legislators are debating whether or not to expand Medicaid to working people. Even though several Republican governors have come out to support Medicaid expansion, they are facing opposition from Republicans in their states' legislatures.

According to the Charleston Regional Business Journal Rep. Kris Crawford, a Republican legislator and emergency room doctor from South Carolina, explained where the opposition is coming from.
- See more at: http://dlcc.org/news?page=2#sthash.CvVOQ1KJ.dpuf

At least he's honest about it?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Fried Chicken posted:

Even if you are ethically OK with the death penalty in theory, I don't see how you can sign off on it in practice given how messed up our justice system is.

Yeah, the death penalty is just another way for rich people to kill poor people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

SedanChair posted:

At least they're not trying to use their kids as human shields yet. Wait, is there a better term than "human shields" for when you want the other guys to shoot them?

Ablative armor.

• Locked thread