Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Peven Stan posted:

I think a wapo comment just broke my brain:

Frank Luntz has truly created a monster, no wonder he went into hiding. When the bad people who I don't like spend their money accuse them of being on the moral equivalent of public assistance

I actually saw Luntz on Fox the other day doing one of his panels of 'randomly selected Americans' (spoiler all of them but like one black chick who got mean mugged by the old guy behind her were super right wing) where he asked if America was going to be ok after all the damage done to it by SOME PEOPLE, and my oh my the answer was yes but only if we all vote Republican whoda thunk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Mike Huckabee has a few more thoughts on the ladies. Also too, the gays.

No one wants your fat rear end, Mike.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

paragon1 posted:

And now the secret daughter is African. :allears:

Isn't she? I legit forgot where they adopted her from.

I mean I don't doubt that dude is a huge racist piece of poo poo nutjob, but I coulda sworn she was adopted from Africa?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Peven Stan posted:

Pretty sure its bangladesh, rove's people put out a robocall describing her as mccain's black lovechild with another woman and it tanked him in the south

Ah my bad, silly me there have been so many insane racists claiming his innocent adopted child who did nothing to harm them was some horrible family secret shame, I forgot what the truth was!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

computer parts posted:

Huh, I thought that episode of Leverage about banks shorting life insurance was just made up. The more you know.

The best part about Leverage is almost all the over the top 'ha ha crazy rich people would never gently caress people over like that right?' are usually based on real things that happen. It's revenge fantasy based in reality.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm eager for his further clarification on the issue.

"Listen I'm just sayin some people have sexy sisters and like, ya know, if something happened, maybe after a couple glasses of wine at a family reunion, I wouldn't judge em, and I don't think the law should either. Anyway I gotta go my family reunion is this weekend and I wanna show up early."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

There was some play or something that I read about that was a big farce about how there were actually like five tries to murder Caesar much more secretly but they kept loving up and had to go 'gently caress it just stab him'. All I can imagine is after the next elections some tea party dude is just gonna tackle Boehner and try to force him away from the speaker podium or something.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Good Citizen posted:

How brave of him to join the protest after his side had already won and the danger was over

The rancher won?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Good Citizen posted:

Yep. The BLM has said they are not going to enforce the removal order and are pulling out of the area

But somehow conservatives play victim...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Remember when LF bought pants for the price of thousands of dollars for a fat Muslim? That was my favorite thing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Paper With Lines posted:

Was reading this buzzfeed article about the guy who shot up the Jewish community centers in Missouri. The article links to this post describing his interaction with the students. Awful awful post. Here is the thread where his forum mates realize that he is the one who killed those people. They are pissed because two of the victims were Methodist.

edit: Sorry to the dude below! The forum posts are totally :nws: and are on a white power forum.

Haha I love that they had a page or two of 'HAHA YEA SHOOT THE JEWS GOOD ON HIM' going into 'oh no ol Rounder really snapped shooting people isn't good...' for a bit there.

Then of course they get right back into 'whooo dead Jews!'

Also I enjoyed that apparently they have beef with Stormfront? In the last page or so someone over there implies the shooter was being paid (by...someone...for something?) and there's like five "HEH TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE" so I guess Stormfront is the pussy level of neo nazis to these dudes?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

zoux posted:

Just to make sure those are links to a white supremacy forum I probably shouldn't click on at work right?

Not just that but it's a pretty hardcore true believer type too, I don't recommend clicking in general. Like, it's inherently hilarious that these limp dicked nazis can only post online about being happy a bunch of Jews are dead, but it's not like there's anything special to them unless you really wanna see straight up KKK members use the internet.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SedanChair posted:

"Oh hey that's Rounder. Makes sense, GJ Rounder!"

Can you imagine if there were English-language Islamist websites had that level of open incitement? Those people need to be rubbed out.

Too bad when some government group said 'yo as well as the normal groups we shouldn't forget about white power groups and their ilk,' and everyone lost their mind that "OH MY GOD OBAMA HIMSELF IS SAYING EVERY WHITE PERSON IS A TERRORIST?!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

"Tax forms are hard" said the man who was in charge of a major military operation in multiple nations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

zoux posted:

Robert Reich has a neat video up about just how biased the US Tax Code is in favor of the ultra rich:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdV_CfDRjDc

Quick someone tell me if Robert Reich is a legit Cool Guy or if there is some failure in his ideological purity that discounts everything he says all the time and forever.

It's right in the fuckin thumbnail, he's Reich and you're wrong.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Magres posted:

It's not that people with the resources and motivation should be ignored. It's that they shouldn't exist, because it should not be practical to have that much wealth.

E: also this vvvvvvvvv. They're being treated like experts in how to fix the world solely because they're unimaginably rich.

Well they do, so what the gently caress are we gonna do tell them 'yo rich kid you shouldn't exist READ MARX MOTHERFUCKER'? They exist, they need to be engaged.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I love Twitter.

quote:

@LandersWSJ @WSJ This is a Supreme Court that upheld the fugitive slave act, the 3/5 compromise, etc. their credibility is long gone.

TIME COURT! :argh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

StandardVC10 posted:

He wants a new stadium for those sweet, sweet municipal subsidies, I bet.

Yea admittedly my only research has been that episode of Leverage where a corrupt rear end mayor did something like this (without the gays though) but aren't stadiums some of the most huge cash cows for corrupt rear end politicians?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love that there's a non-zero amount of people who think 'gently caress man, it's like every figurehead we latch on to for representing our views and being admirable to us all turns out to legitimately hate at least one minority' and take that to the totally logical place of 'this must be because of a left wing plot...'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Or threaten women that you disagree with.

Open carry is pretty much exclusively for the dregs of 'gun culture'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BUG JUG posted:

He's saying essentially that by calling someone A racist, as opposed to racist, it is more likely you will compartmentalize the racism displayed by an individual as simply a reflection of that one person rather than the broader racist culture that exists.

This sounds like one of those things where some tenured professor wrote a thing about how we can fix racism by not calling it out and sticking to the most broad, wishy washy, terms. Oh Bundy isn't racist he's part of a culture and oppressive system that encourages racism....

Like, yea you probably shouldn't go full Tumblr and scream "WELL JUST loving KILL YOURSELF" if a guy says 'Oriental' instead of Asian, but calling someone 'A racist' vs saying a thing they did is racist is functionally the same thing. Defensive racists will react poorly to it no matter what.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Let's say you're a 12 term, 90 year old, Republican Congressman from Texas in a R+21 district. What do you spend your campaign donations on?

If you're Ralph Hall, the answer to that question is obviously $33,000 worth of ham and chocolate. :hellyeah:

Yea gently caress it I'll vote for whoever runs on a ham and chocolate platform.

"Military spending? All I'm seeing is a big ol pile of nice cured ham or fancy swiss chocolate waiting to get bought."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mdemone posted:

If this were 1985, Donald Sterling being a racist piece of poo poo still wouldn't be news. Basketball people have known this for a very long time. He owns (used to own?) an apartment complex that he wouldn't allow black people to live in. He's been known to root against the team he owns when one of his black players is having a particularly good game.

He's human waste and if we're lucky someone will hit him with a car.

Yea the only news there is that he ever dated a girl who had any black in her family, I figured his head would explode if he was ever in a situation where he had to be caring or whatever to a black person in any form.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Samurai Sanders posted:

How is he going to defend himself on this one anyway? He'll say it was out of context I assume, but what will be the context?

I don't think he's ever 'defended himself' it's just a common knowledge thing in basketball that the dude loving hates black people.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mdemone posted:

Donald Sterling has never given poo poo #1 about other people's opinion of him. Everyone knows he's a bigoted fuckstick, and he couldn't possibly care less. All of this will amount to nothing; he's unlikely even to bother with a tepid PR apology.

Pretty much. You almost have to respect that compared to his 'peers' of racist pieces of poo poo who go 'woah woah woah when I said black people are lazy and slavery was good I meant...'. Like if a dude is gonna call me a human being or a gyppo or whatever I'd rather him just own it instead of telling me how actually I'm a big wrong baby for thinking he was saying that when he totally was.

Just turn into the skid, he can't be forced out for being a racist piece of poo poo unless he starts abusing players or whatever, he has no reason to play the coy 'oh no see I'm a 'race realist' and I was talking about the culture...' game that a politician does. Everyone who follows NBA knows Sterling straight up hates black people and is at best tepid about other assorted minorities, he doesn't have any further to fall.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Samurai Sanders posted:

So the NBA doesn't really care about this, they are just going through the motions of investigating him?

There's not a ton they can do, it's a he said she said thing and even though we all know he's a shithead you really can't fire someone for at worst treating his girlfriend like poo poo. If he starts abusing his guys or whatever then there are venues to go after him but yea the investigation is basically a kabuki thing of the NBA going 'not cool dude' and him going 'whatever'.

I imagine the NBA cares about it, having a dude on the brand that basically every fan knows is a cartoonish bigot isn't great, but they don't have a ton to do to him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Peven Stan posted:

so obama is robert baratheon and michelle is cersei lannister????

Does Michelle have a brother? Obama needs to get Malia and Sasha checked out.

Alternative joke: So it's Malia we need to worry about being a sociopath?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain_Maclaine posted:

TFR, for all its other flaws, is entirely aware the NRA is nothing more than a shill group for the gun industry, and you're not likely to find many kind things said about that organization in that subforum.

TFR is obsessed with the idea that the NRA is the scrappy little underdog compared to the wealthy kikes meddling politicians like Bloomberg and Soros.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SedanChair posted:

It's a long hard road back to legitimacy when you've staked your position on errors and lies. If not for Obama's post-Sandy Hook attack, Dems might have lost some of the taint of gun control come 2016. As it stands, they chose to portray rural working-class people who have every other reason to vote Democratic as hicks and crazies. Good outreach effort, there.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how afraid of the knockout game are you, because if saying 'yo maybe you don't need an AR-whatever' is calling every rural working class person a hick somehow you must be just enraged that one of the main faces of gun rights in this country uses that as a constant thing people should be afraid of.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
That would barely work as an oligarchy if you could talk about things like the 'bush family politics' and all but as we've seen every one has their own stupid brand of being terrible and I'm sure the Clintons do too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ufarn posted:

Why is it that Land Comish is such a big deal in Texas?

Son lemmie tell you a little story about Texas.

See, down here we don't want our governor having a ton of power, in fact we for some reason basically want them to have no power. Now in the practical sense I'm kinda ok with Governor For Life Rick Perry not having a lot of power, but in the grand scheme of politics it troubles me a bit. So we threw all the power that, say, should be centralized into one person to have authority over, so things run smoothly, and broke it into a bunch of pieces and scattered them through Austin like we were hiding the ancient shards of the doomblade or some fantasy bullshit. So basically in Texas these elections matter almost more than the governor race, because our assorted branches have a great deal of power compared to others, and while technically they answer to the governor they pretty much don't.

Now, for land comish, think about how much land Texas has. Now think about how much people here hate the EPA. Now think about how much power oil and gas have.

So yea, that position matters a lot.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

computer parts posted:

No, it's because they've tripled the population of their metropolitan area in 40 years.

http://recenter.tamu.edu/data/pop/popm/cbsa26420.asp

Yea I'm not sure where the race thing came in, the city loving exploded in less than a generation and for a little but everyone went 'oh god whaaaaat do I dooooo' and just sprawled.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

William Bear posted:

I'm not that familiar with Mideast policy, what's wrong with the latter option?

What's wrong with a jewish state?

Like, we're talking in a vacuum here, Israel's current actions under the guise of a jewish state are abhorrent but what's wrong with the base concept of 'Israel should be allowed to be a jewish state'?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
edit: gently caress it this is going to go nowhere but bad

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Telesphorus posted:

It's weird how the average person carries on like nothing is happening when the country is in a state of.... I dunno, slow oligarchic takeover or something. Facebook is still dog pictures and happy statuses; the workplace is hush-hush. Ugh, it's almost a curse to want to read about politics right now. It is so painful and depressing.

Is this a freep post and you changed 'oligarchic takeover' from 'communist plot' or something?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love the idea that a left wing protest like Bundy's would get slaughtered, like the feds are super worried about the optics of gunning down right wingers but left wingers are fair game.

Yea man, if you start a loving armed stand off with the cops, hide behind women and children, and get major political support behind you, you're probably not gonna get gunned down.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Doctor Butts posted:

If only OWS protested from their lawnchairs and rascal scooters.

Yea or showed up for just a few hours and had a bunch of political personalities surrounding them with cameras and PR experts.

God drat it's almost like the contexts were actually super different.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

StandardVC10 posted:

Also, the Bundy situation is technically still ongoing. At some point they may need to make some arrests or ensure that roads are passable, if those blockade rumors have anything behind them.

This too, basically talking about 'the bundy situation' as of now as being handled too lightly is basically saying you wanted the cops to gun some stupid white people down and the women they proudly hid behind. The situation is still happening and yea, a bunch of fuckin crazy morons with guns have to be treated with some care.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Talmonis posted:

Stop making excuses for them. They already are immune to prosecution, they don't need apologetics from anyone else. The police in this country get off on beating and murdering college students. I don't see it changing any time soon.

It's not excuses to state why a thing happened. When you have month long protests all over the nation, some of which getting pretty aggressive without any police factor, yea chances are there's gonna be more issues popping up than a few hour long corporate sponsored 'we're mad at the black guy' party starring multiple politicians and 'celebrities'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sword of Chomsky posted:

You're just a conspiracy theorist, let me tell you how the right wing is really the persecuted group in the country... :downs:

:suicide:

You literally responded to a post saying more things happened at things like OWS because it was a bigger group over a longer time with more openly hostile to police factions in it with 'yea but what about this one guy' and everyone else is dumb.

• Locked thread