Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Pope Guilty posted:

Obviously they'll all get jobs now! Ignoring that a) they mostly have jobs and b) there's barely any jobs to be had.

I've been joking that when we were young, it was "Go to college! What, you want to end up working at McDonald's?" So we went, and now there's no jobs, and it's "What, you're too good to work at McDonald's?"

It's easier to get into Harvard than get a job at MacDonalds at a Micky D's job fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
You have to prepay your taxes by 90%* anyway or you'll get slapped with late penalties, so the extension doesn't put off the paying, it just puts off tying up all the loose ends reporting-wise.

*or 110% of what you owed last year

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/04/15/tennessee-is-making-pregnancy-a-criminal-liability.html

This and other laws make it a simple matter to charge a woman who gets pregnant and has anything go wrong with a crime. War on women? What war on women?

It would make me terrified to get pregnant there even if I was a rich married white woman! I thought the Right was worried the brown folk would out breed us white folk or something. Well, I guess in their ideal world consent would be optional anyway.

They should have passed this in Texas so that they could have made that dead woman give birth to her dead or brain-damaged-from-lack-of-oxygen fetus an then immediately arrested her for giving birth to a defective baby. :allears:

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
The irony of it all is that the Spanish (insert weeping Juan Carlos here) are racist as hell and hate Mexicans.

• Locked thread