Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I only listen to gregorian monk chants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mdemone posted:

I was just eye-rolling to myself about how it seems like the CIA has never done anything useful, but then I realized that it may be literally true. Can anyone name a morally-defensible operation they haven't hosed up?

How do you define morality

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

shrike82 posted:

Every single discussion about the middle class in D&D ends up with goons defining the upper boundary as x multiples of their own income, and god forbid if you make more than that.

Works out well for me, I'm not making any money. Y'all are all the bourgeois.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fried Chicken posted:

I'll be honest, I get pretty heated about anything from 2000-2008 and was most of a 16 oz in when I responded

Sounds like you need to chill out, maybe smoke a - oh

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Oh, I read your post wrong, I thought you meant 16th of an oz.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ChaosSamusX posted:

Why did I read the comments?

Those are some of the most tame comments I've seen, to be honest.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Alternately, wait and pray for some dumbass to carry a loaded rifle/shotgun on their back, bump something, and have it go off in a very public place along with half of their head.

I lust for blood.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Can't quite purge all of GBS 1.0 :smith:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DemeaninDemon posted:

He's still a fuckwad.

Everyone's a fuckwad.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah, sometimes incest is voluntary. Not sure what that has to do with anything tho...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
So, nothin' much going on in the world of politics?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Yeah, okay, I guess LF talk wasn't that bad after all. Goddamn

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Goatse is good and if you think otherwise, well, you're no friend of mine

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Christianpost.com, sounds reputable.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

zoux posted:

So are you saying that Phyllis Schafly didn't write that oped article then :confused:

It was a shorter way of saying that everything in it was wrong.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cheekio posted:

Because the thread is in shambles, I figure now is as good a time as any to say your avatar might be my all time favorite.

How is this thread in shambles, nobody's even arguing about circumcision or what it means to be middle class.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mdemone posted:

You GoT folks always make me itch to read the books but I'm damned if I'll start another 5000-page fantasy series with all the great stuff that's already piling up on my to-read stack.

They are not very good, to me.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Don't do it! Stay back! Baaaack!

(The problem with GoT is that they're actually fairly well written, especially by the common standards of fantasy doorstoppers, but Martin is both abusive to his readers and indolent to the point that he will die before the series is finished).

Fairly well written descriptions of food and Dany making GBS threads herself in a field.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Kill all of humanity, let the octopi take over.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fried Chicken posted:

Again, George Allen, 2006

I thought he said macawca or something, not friend of the family. I know, they're both racist terms, but that doesn't mean people treat them like they are. That is too say, people were all like "he didn't know it was racist" and got away with it, but nobody will believe you if you say that about friend of the family.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fried Chicken posted:

It was a different word, yes. I just don't see much daylight between it. If a bunch of angry rednecks tell a successful black man in an interracial relationship they want to take him "apple picking" its a drat clear racist threat even if there is wiggle room of "no, we just wanted to get fresh ingredients for a pie, we weren't threatening to lynch him"

It's all well and good that you (and I, for that matter) think they're both as bad as the other, but that really doesn't matter when only one of them is largely known as the clearly racist and toxic to say word.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

That thread and the political cartoons thread just move too fast for me to bother keeping up with. I pretty much only check them when something big happens

You are not required to read every post, you know. just skip to the end like any sane person would do.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

That's far too many, for American politics drink straight out of the bottle until the pain goes away.

I'm having fun, posting on the internet. That's my anti-drug.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Inglonias posted:

I'm driving that car (if only because I'm still not drinking age)

That never stopped me

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Why are people arguing with SedanChair, you've seen his rap sheet right?

Yes, because the mods of this website are infallible and never make mistakes.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fried Chicken posted:

Nope, the TFR consensus on Georgia guy is "loving wussy liberals" and then moving on to demonstrating a complete lack of knowledge about the history of the NRA, political organizing, lobbying, and political money pools so they can agree "loving wussy liberals"

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3579936&perpage=40&pagenumber=136#post428826919

Congrats in getting me to waste 5 minutes of my life confirming that years later, TFR is still filled with goons

I don't know if you noticed, but this entire website is filled with goons.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fried Chicken posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure why people are getting so up in arms about TFR being full of idiots. If I said YOSPOS was full of Linux loving antisocial shut ins would anyone blink? If I mentioned that posters in Games were writing rape and murder fantasies for female NPCs of the other faction of their MMO would anyone be surprised? If I said most D&D posters get their information from Comedy Central rather than actual news or understanding issues and events, would people disagree? Most posters on this site roll their eyes at effort posts about any of the topics of the sub forums and say "comedy site" to mock in depth discussion.

But mention TFR is full of people who fetish guns rather than practice proper care and handling, and it's harumphing and grumbling.

I'm not sure if you think I'm "up in arms", but I was just pointing out that calling people goons isn't really saying anything about them.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Magres posted:

Call Games idiot MRAs wrt defending their right to see women pixels that are basically masturbation material and I'm right there with you, though.

I don't know what threads you look at, but I've never seen anyone say this and, if anything, I would say that the games posters are way to quick to say every depiction of a woman in a game is sexist and bad.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fried Chicken posted:

Do you not have tbp on ignore?

I don't have anyone on ignore, for I have the ability to scroll.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

Is bad posting a felony?

*looks at gbs posts* :ohdear:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Boon posted:

So is the banhammer ever going to fall in GBS? Because I haven't been back in a while but thought "Ah what the hell" and just waded into a Benghazi thread and promptly found myself swimming in a sea of poo poo. I crawled out, disorientated, and have to ask myself, "What the gently caress just happened?"

Wow, everyone look at this post from November

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SedanChair posted:

At least they're not trying to use their kids as human shields yet. Wait, is there a better term than "human shields" for when you want the other guys to shoot them?

Bait

• Locked thread