Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Godholio posted:

We had a "morale drive" on the network that was hundreds of gigs of music and movies people uploaded/downloaded via personal hard drives. It was loving awesome.

Naturally a tanker pilot blew the whistle and it went away.

Iwakuni circa 2008 had the network dudes use the satellite to download tv shows and movies we couldn't get because AFN is loving dogshit and would broadcast them over 2 TV channels for the entire base to watch 24/7. I managed to watch all of House and saw a bunch of other poo poo I can't recall offhand.

Mind you this was before the base had broadband and you were basically paying $60 a month for a sub 56k modem connection. So it was pretty loving awesome at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Someone had a story about some guy calling help desk to complain that he couldn't get on the "cool" morale drive or something like that, which ended up getting it shut down. Anyone remember that story?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Godholio posted:

Naturally a tanker pilot blew the whistle and it went away.
Name and shame

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The name was kept quiet. All I know is he was a captain in early 2008 with the 135s at dhafra before they got moved.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
all officers deserve to have their families murdered in front of them

y/n?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

all officers deserve to have their families murdered in front of them

y/n?

Then there will be no good-looking wives to JO to - just 300 pound dependapotamuses and 60 year old Philippinas.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

joat mon posted:

Then there will be no good-looking wives to JO to - just 300 pound dependapotamuses and 60 year old Philippinas.

you know we live in a golden age of masturbation and you dont need to jack it to mental images of your CO's wife anymore...

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

you know we live in a golden age of masturbation and you dont need to jack it to mental images of your CO's wife anymore...

it's not about choice/availability there guy

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
so is the only reason to marry a fat 300 north carolina native to not live in the barracks?

i feel like that's the only reason.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Bob A Feet posted:

so is the only reason to marry a fat 300 north carolina native to not live in the barracks?

To get away from fucks like you, yeah, it's pretty much it.

We don't all have the privilege to marry some gaping cavern from high school who settled for the lowest bidder.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yes I'll take that 110% pay raise please

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Christoff posted:

Yes I'll take that 110% pay raise please

HAHAHAHAHAHA

loving go re-enlist right now.

Jesus Christ you people never learn.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Bob A Feet posted:

If you get like 20 miles from Fayettenam they all turn into knockouts, hth

Seriously if you're stuck in Bragg or something and not traveling up the road to slay Chapel Hill tail on the reg you are loving up son. Don't touch anything anywhere near base, but that's a rule for pretty much every major domestic milbase except -maybe- San Diego

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Snowdens Secret posted:

If you get like 20 miles from Fayettenam they all turn into knockouts, hth

Seriously if you're stuck in Bragg or something and not traveling up the road to slay Chapel Hill tail on the reg you are loving up son. Don't touch anything anywhere near base, but that's a rule for pretty much every major domestic milbase except -maybe- San Diego

This is the loving truth. You have like 5 goddamn colleges filled with naive girls less than an hour from Bragg. If you aren't leaving post for the weekend and never turning back until sunday night, you need to rethink your priorities.

And if you are in Camp Lejune, just go to Wilmington and pretend you aren't a marine.

If you are in Cherry Point, :laffo: get hosed, son

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Victor Vermis posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

loving go re-enlist right now.

Jesus Christ you people never learn.

Huh? BAH here is like $1,800-$2,000. Plus comrats. Yeah, you have to factor in rent. But I can't think of any living sole who wouldn't take the latter option.

Of course that also leads to 2 month marriages that lead to chicks selling all his CIF gear out of anger but hey!

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Christoff posted:

Huh? BAH here is like $1,800-$2,000. Plus comrats. Yeah, you have to factor in rent. But I can't think of any living sole who wouldn't take the latter option.

Of course that also leads to 2 month marriages that lead to chicks selling all his CIF gear out of anger but hey!

Yes, rent.

Everything else goes into the beer account.

Where nobody can touch it.

Ever.

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

if you re-enlist you deserve whatever you get

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
honeyboy strikes again

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
Came here to post the same, loving beaten

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

safetyStanddown posted:

Came here to post the same, loving beaten

i beat you like hbb beats ladyboys

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

hope people on that side of the globe dont enjoy libo

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
It's only the junior Marines who will have their libo taken away oorah

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Skip to a little before 89:20 for some pretty funny poo poo

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

:lol:

dude owns and I want him in my marne corps

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Helldump Immunity. posted:

:lol:

dude owns and I want him in my marne corps

looked like he was about to be a marine corpse

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

locked knees never gets old

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

lmbo, ive seen the color guard go down before

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
every time we had a change of command at any level (and we had three at battalion or higher right after deployment) someone would fall out. after this happening a few times they made change of commands mandatory seniors listed and officers only and it was up to the companies whether or not they would go to anything battalion or higher.

Lmao yeah right like it was our choice.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2014/1024/Three-pioneering-women-in-Marine-infantry-course-are-asked-to-leave.-Why

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

owned lol

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

:biotruths:

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

its really funny how there are still people out there that think women can do what men can, fuckin lmbo

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

the dad farm posted:

its really funny how there are still people out there that think women can do what men can, fuckin lmbo

It doesn't matter if they can or not. Once we hit a magic number of people with vaginas allowed into the infantry, the culture will change and more young women will feel like it is okay to do pull-ups and long hikes with heavy gear.

It's like when Baseball desegregated and black players were given 4 strikes.

Or when women won suffrage and were each allowed to vote twice.

Silly boys.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

the dad farm posted:

Aparently 3 dudes couldn't either.

Also :

quote:

Retired Army Col. Ellen Haring, an advocate for women in combat, says that although the entire formation was supposed to complete the hike in three hours, it took most of the group closer to four hours.

“Despite the fact that none of them could keep the pace that was set that day, they were considered failures. But the whole unit failed to meet those parameters, not just those six people,” she says. “Who maintains the rate of the march?”

So the real story here is Nobles are lazy fucks who can't meet the standard.

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

They prolly wanted to be pogs anyway

Daspied
Jul 2, 2009
It really sucks knowing I was dumb enough to sign a 5 year contract. If only I signed a 4 year - I would be a free man right now! But hey, who dosn't love UDP's to Japananistan...

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I have a buddy that got a 6 year 03 contract. He signed for an extra year plus was a recon drop or something

Unit I was in is going to Australia for the UDP. Doesn't sound half bad but gently caress that work up. Think they're going to 29 Palms for almost 40 days

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Daspied posted:

It really sucks knowing I was dumb enough to sign a 5 year contract. If only I signed a 4 year - I would be a free man right now! But hey, who dosn't love UDP's to Japananistan...

Uhh Japan's pretty loving cool. Unless you mean Okinawa because that's like a bad Karate Kid spoof with their lovely scooter gangs and stuff.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Christoff posted:

I have a buddy that got a 6 year 03 contract. He signed for an extra year plus was a recon drop or something

Unit I was in is going to Australia for the UDP. Doesn't sound half bad but gently caress that work up. Think they're going to 29 Palms for almost 40 days

Port Darwin allegedly blows. Its several hundred miles away from all the good parts of Australia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

^^ well it's better than Okinawa. I heard there's some fun tours and talked to a guy who went and loved it. Plus everyone doesn't hate us (yet) it is the boonies though. Training with them would be fun I think

Only place in Japan UDPs go lol

• Locked thread