Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruyWq7URlN0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

cult_hero posted:

Anyone have any experience with MCAS Iwakuni? I'm going TDY over there for a few months, what do people suggest I do during downtime?

Spent 2 years in Iwakuni in 07-08. MWR has a bunch of events and poo poo to actual interesting places. No idea on the current command climate but it oscillates between toxic and unbearable.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Miyajima is where all the deer are at. Bunch of mangy assholes.
If you get there in the summer see if you can get an MWR trip to Fuji but I doubt it since you're TDY
Jon Jaca's is the korean bbq place iirc?
If you're out there in the winter there's tons of snowboarding available at Nagano and the gear and trips out there are cheap as poo poo
There's a bunch of awesome rear end concerts out in Fukuoka if you can get the liberty/leave to go out there and it's only like a 2hr Shin ride. Saw Arch Enemy when they were recording their live album there.

Also RIP California Chicken

Also don't buy the women drinks in loving Miss Saigon or Hello Cat for fucks sake.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

USMC503 posted:

If you're still in, just lol

How many nobles would you have to kill to maintain the current pay? (all of them)

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

They're like prairie dogs in the states iirc. They destroy crops and are in general loving assholes

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I thought we merged them so we could combine all of the lovely threads into one large poo poo thread before we were all gassed

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Imagine a fat sweaty poolee wearing a trashbag. Recruiting works the same way

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I got assigned to the Recycling Center in Parris Island and some old dude was running it and just let us sleep in the air conditioned break room the whole time.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

We should loving axe fixed wing poo poo that isn't the C-130 and just use more helicopters. There's literally no point in owning an F-18 fleet if you have to be based on land or navy poo poo.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Probably some squadron knuckle dragging gently caress.

The smart ones are all I-Level :smugdog:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

That bitch is probably 100% loving crazy too.

Still Would but I'd probably need to enter witness protection after

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Shes deformed, dude. I know as a marine you have low standards but that bitch has a classic downs syndrome face.

Some Air Force dude hosed an actual retard and Marines will not stand to be out done :colbert:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

All the Marine Helo dudes I've met were chill as gently caress. gently caress fighter pilots though. Especially gently caress those Blue Angel motherfuckers

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The helo dudes and C-130 guys were always pretty chill. Fighter pilots can eat every dick that has ever existed though

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

What the gently caress does Gender Neutral test mean. I don't remember having to do anything involving my dick in boot camp besides washing it or taking a piss in a stainless steel trough

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Godholio posted:

We had a "morale drive" on the network that was hundreds of gigs of music and movies people uploaded/downloaded via personal hard drives. It was loving awesome.

Naturally a tanker pilot blew the whistle and it went away.

Iwakuni circa 2008 had the network dudes use the satellite to download tv shows and movies we couldn't get because AFN is loving dogshit and would broadcast them over 2 TV channels for the entire base to watch 24/7. I managed to watch all of House and saw a bunch of other poo poo I can't recall offhand.

Mind you this was before the base had broadband and you were basically paying $60 a month for a sub 56k modem connection. So it was pretty loving awesome at the time.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Hekk posted:

Uhh Japan's pretty loving cool. Unless you mean Okinawa because that's like a bad Karate Kid spoof with their lovely scooter gangs and stuff.

Japan's awesomeness depends on Marines not raping people, Sailors not stabbing cab drivers and your command not being loving atrocious.

Seriously though what the gently caress Navy, you dumb fucks stab at least 1 cab driver a year :psyduck:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

IIRC Gold cards don't allow you overnight liberty any more and you have to be back on base by 0200 or 0300. If overnight is allowed they probably banned all consumption of alcohol past a certain hour. They banned any consumption of "hard" alcohol by all E-3's and below when I was there, but I just went to the bars that weren't infested with high and tights and drank what the gently caress I wanted.

And all of our restrictions started because some goddamn gunny decided to gently caress a 15 year old on Okinawa

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Isn't age of consent in Japan something ridiculously low like 14?

Country wide it's officially 13 but every prefecture has it set to 18 including Okinawa

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

lets go to the chow hall and get some shoe leather and oversized crawdad tails everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

shut this loving thread down booblord, those air force cocksucks have their own monthly thread where is ours like the good lord chester pulley intended

the same place all the good marine posters are

dead or banned

• Locked thread