Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

read that as a career black dude

No need to bring up rekinom in the chill thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Cole posted:

I just read why jews say G-d instead of God and I am now going to make friends with a die hard jew so that i can write God on a paper and make 10,000 copies and just make it rain in their house.

Why not just draw some pics of Mohammed with a face

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Cole posted:

So much easier to just write threetwo letters

It's not really offensive though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_and_Titles_of_God_in_Judaism#In_English

Biblical Hebrew words are kind of weird the way the written language works but translation into English tosses all of that. So I mean I guess you could find a Jew offended by writing 'God' everywhere but you'd have better odds just decorating their house with crucifixes

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

USMC503 posted:

Mostly because they're morons. The name both Jews and Christians really aren't "supposed" to say is Yahweh, which is supposed to be the actual name of God.

Except you got the vowels wrong

:v:

The translation most westerners use is Jehovah, which is more wrong, but it doesn't matter because literally nobody knows what the vowels are supposed to be. I prefer Yahoo-Wahoo myself.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Not far from what they do, pretty much

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I need to stop browsing GiP waiting in line at the deli

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Kanish posted:

Some Cpl from Parris Island called my parents house looking for me to be a witness at a court martial.

I wonder what info I have that someone who had a pretty typical bootcamp 8 years ago (out of the IRR for 6 months now)

You were assraped in boot camp. Repeatedly and by groups, sometimes drill sergeants, sometimes recruits, sometimes the civilian assistants that worked in the chow hall. The trauma and shock was so bad that your subconscious has built up tremendous mental blocks to protect your psyche. If you go to court you're going to have to live with that block being painstakingly pulled down and wave after wave of assrape imagery to come flowing back into conscious memory.

I would at least make sure you'll get per diem.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

Where'd you find this? I saw it years ago and the full version has a mushroom cloud that Sherman is looking at.

http://www.thepaincomics.com/weekly060315a.htm

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Strap A-10s on top of M113s

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Look at it this way, the USMC ridiculous VTOL requirement gave us the lift fan bay, and thus the Groverlaser

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Hekk posted:

Yeah rotor wash is no joke. I've been knocked flat on my face from a CASEVAC aircraft coming in too low. I thought one of my buddies was throwing me down or something but it was just the wind from the rotors.

Figure an Osprey can take off at something like 50k lbs weight and has about 240 square feet of rotor swept area = at least 210 lbs / square foot of downforce. Obviously that doesn't translate straight to that force applied to the ground, but you still don't want to be standing under it. A UH-60 is about 140lbs/ft2 by the same math.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Betting pressure from further up + Marines taking everything too literally

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
The M16 is kind of awkward to shoot lefty, anyway.

At least the old ones, I dunno if later revs were better but lol at the Navy having something newer than a 20+ year old A2

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I dunno, it felt odd to me, controls all weird and it kept trying to fling the cartridges into my face, but we didn't shoot guns in boot camp and I doubt I've fired more than 200 rounds through an AR pattern rifle in my life, I'm sure a debbah dawg would find it much more familiar

E: bolt actions I just shoot right-handed (and usually miss)

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/article/20140731/NEWS/307310071/Marines-developing-gender-neutral-MOS-tests-as-11-new-jobs-open-to-women

Why the hell does poo poo like 'field artillery meteorologist' have stringent entry physical fitness standards in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Bob A Feet posted:

so is the only reason to marry a fat 300 north carolina native to not live in the barracks?

i feel like that's the only reason.

If you get like 20 miles from Fayettenam they all turn into knockouts, hth

Seriously if you're stuck in Bragg or something and not traveling up the road to slay Chapel Hill tail on the reg you are loving up son. Don't touch anything anywhere near base, but that's a rule for pretty much every major domestic milbase except -maybe- San Diego

• Locked thread