Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Obama Africanus posted:

i love titties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Bob A Feet posted:

yeah v-22 downwash is ridiculous.

http://youtu.be/eE7x4SZPGHI?t=1m53s
They always look horrifyingly unstable in hover mode. Every time I see one take off or land, I always end up thinking, "bullshit, no way is he going to make it."

Bob A Feet posted:

a v-22 landed in tall grass, set it on fire, and then burned from the brush fire underneath it.
The best is when they decide to land one on the fastidiously maintained parade field and blowtorch giant holes in the Commander's nice green grass.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

USMC503 posted:

My platoon commander arranged for a keg of beer to be shipped out to us in the field when we found out we were going to Afghanistan. Admin fags that came along ratted us out to the battalion CO and we had to dump it.

"In a most unusual verdict, the friendly fire was ruled as justified self-protection."

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Godholio posted:

Naturally a tanker pilot blew the whistle and it went away.
Name and shame

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Port Darwin allegedly blows. Its several hundred miles away from all the good parts of Australia.

Northern Territory is full of inebriated, racist, inbred Redneck retards who spend most weekends stewing in the drunk tank. The previous head of the Territory played the growler as a musical instrument. US Marines should be right at home.

• Locked thread