Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I'm mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Conte is basically Mancini. Can't win poo poo in Europe. Embarrassing really with a team like that

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Sandwolf posted:

Kill Osvaldo, sell Giovinco, buy a loving forward on Llorente and Tevez's level, figure out a way to get loving motivated next year, we can't keep loving expecting every goddamn game to be a cakewalk. Same loving way we got kicked out of the Coppa, it's infuriating.

Unless they sell Marchsio, Pogba, and Vidal, I doubt that bad poo poo will happen.

I can see a new forward being bought, but the team is pretty loving solid regardless.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Soulex posted:

With that said, with so many people missing wih the next game, I doubt Benfica will win it.

As this season as shown, Benfica only needs Oblak and 9 stooges in front.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

mynameisjohn posted:

ugh these rivals.com puns, can we not?

I think you'll find that "Rubentus" is a commonly-used and respected way to refer to a certain side from Turin that has won 29 scudetti

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

It's annoying but in less than a week you will be celebrating a title, so really it isn't all bad.

Our competition has been a resurgent Roma and an imploded Napoli, like yeah, it's nice to win the title, but we got clowned in the CL by such notable teams as Kobnhaven and then lose to loving Benfica down to 9 men.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Sandwolf posted:

All of Iberia can lick my nuts.

It's a bad airline for sure

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
You Juventus fans are spoiled.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

A complete oval office, but gently caress it, you the man Jesus!!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm melting down, someone compliment my meltdown

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

It deserves two stars.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

Nowhere near my level. Sorry

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
So 3 finals to go :D

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Troy Queef posted:

It deserves two stars.

i'm shaking

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

logo lol

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Conte seemed fired up enough, but most Juve players seemed like they couldn't care less. Juve definitely needs a decent forward, there was a plethora of chances that went begging. That and they need a strategy that isn't running around pinging crosses. That's something I've seen enough of at United to know it doesn't work.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Sandwolf posted:

pretty decent meltdown. I'd love to see what you can do if Atalanta manages a win next week.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

That was the main issue, Garay and Luisao were fantastic today and if Llorente couldn't win against them then two literal midgets were obviously going to fail.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Drogadon posted:

That was the main issue, Garay and Luisao were fantastic today and if Llorente couldn't win against them then two literal midgets were obviously going to fail.

Which makes the whole loving substitution even more asinine.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

pretty decent meltdown. I'd love to see what you can do if Atalanta manages a win next week.

I'll crap my pants

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Pics or it didn't happen

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Why does football even happen outside of Iberia again? :smuggo:

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

KoldPT posted:

Why does football even happen outside of Iberia again? :smuggo:

I don't know, maybe because last year there were two German teams in the CL final and an English team won the EL?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Funky Koval posted:

I don't know, maybe because last year there were two German teams in the CL final and an English team won the EL?

Last season never happened though

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Electronico6 posted:

Last season never happened though

It would seem neither have any other seasons.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Funky Koval posted:

Look, let me have this little bit of pride. It's not like the economy (or for that matter Porto) is going anywhere.

Looking for updates on Garay's face. Some folks were saying it might be serious, since he was carried out directly to the locker rooms.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

KoldPT posted:

Look, let me have this little bit of pride. It's not like the economy (or for that matter Porto) is going anywhere.

Looking for updates on Garay's face. Some folks were saying it might be serious, since he was carried out directly to the locker rooms.

At least you have your pride. I have Legia Warsaw.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Serie A is some fail uh?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

quote:

“You just have to look at the statistics. Benfica had two shots on target over two legs. That was it. They have international experience and showed it tonight, as down to 10 men they stopped us playing and I am truly disappointed the referee allowed them to get away with that.”

Conte talks more poo poo than Mourinho lol

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

that looked nasty

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Conte talks more poo poo than Mourinho lol

Constantly, yeah. He's always feuding in the press with someone.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I was watching the game and had to cut out to do chores. I come back and resume my DVR where I left off which was 10 seconds before Perez getting a red. I was sweating for the last 25 minutes and when Garay went off I thought it was gonna be over, but Juve likes playing midgets and players who can't stay onside so we won thankfully. Also gently caress Vucinic for instigating a Balkan conflict on the sideline and getting Markovic a red. Good to see Salvio can play even if he didn't do much this game, Benfica will need him in the final. It was far from Benfica's finest performance, but the defense deserves a lot of praise.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As much as i like Juventus they were really snobby and arrogant in this duel, i was going to be split between both teams before i realized how Juventus, from Pirlo to Conte, believed they were going to be in the final for simply being Juventus. Benfica showed them wrong, they beat their asses and then held on even with nine players. This Benfica is the exact opposite of last years and it makes me very happy, at least something is working out alright in this country!

And some pictures because why not

loving giraffe monster i love you!

Salvio is so dreamy :swoon:

Electronico6 posted:

As this season as shown, Benfica only needs Oblak and 9 stooges in front.

His face says it all. He was all like "pft this is what Italy has to offer?"

And since we're neck deep in economic crisis some people just couldn't accept that people were watching Benfica instead of smashing the state. This led to quite an amazing photoshop that i have to post because i nearly died from laughter when i saw it.

the true worker's party follows Jesus :ussr:

And finally, these last two matches have made Juventus become a quite respectable team in Portugal, specially in the hearts of Benfica fans who saw in them worthy , honorable opponents. In this video we see one of the many tributes given to Juventus, and the renewed respect for Pirlo after his "Benfica? I feel sorry for them :smug:", interview.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=563014193816612&set=vb.461398893978143&type=2&theater

Seltzer posted:

I was watching the game and had to cut out to do chores. I come back and resume my DVR where I left off which was 10 seconds before Perez getting a red. I was sweating for the last 25 minutes and when Garay went off I thought it was gonna be over, but Juve likes playing midgets and players who can't stay onside so we won thankfully. Also gently caress Vucinic for instigating a Balkan conflict on the sideline and getting Markovic a red. Good to see Salvio can play even if he didn't do much this game, Benfica will need him in the final. It was far from Benfica's finest performance, but the defense deserves a lot of praise.
I was really relaxed all game long because the way Juventus was playing was a disaster and you can't toy when you have Luisao and Garay in front of you. Then Garay got his teeth kicked in and i nearly soiled myself.

Now to see what team we can scrape from the barrel to field against Sevilla. That one was an amazing as well, shame all the Spanish football fans in TRP are Americans who can only look at Real and Barcelona though, would really appreciate some good speculation coming from their side.

If Benfica wins it in Turin Lisbon will party like hell. When both Madrid teams come Lisbon will party like hell too no matter what the score. This month will be party time in Lisbon :supaburn:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Congrats, Mans. Hope your boys can break Bela Guttmann's curse (I bet somewhere in the great football ground in the sky, Eusebio is talking to Herr Guttmann as we speak about it).

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Forgot about Salvio's bullshit yellow. gently caress.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
gently caress Benfica.

(but drat i'm loving those veins on salvio, he's small but definitely putting in the work, much respect)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

Each Europa League finalist club only gets 8,560 tickets for their own supporters.
Juve's stadium seats 41k.

• Locked thread