Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

BiggerThanPete posted:

Yeah, we are so close, I'd rather not skip her like we are on Razorscale. It's pretty apparent with more gear we can get razorscale but that is probably our limiting factor. I don't think gear is an issue on her and we can get it. We just need to deal with the random attack cat and we've got it. I think we can get better at wipe recovery. I also would like to keep chat to fight related stuff during the fight. Sometimes people key up and say stuff like, "gently caress!" and I'm not sure if they forgot to summon the right vanity pet or they've died. I know on alot of those fights I have quite a bit to keep track of and people discussing unessential stuff can be distracting for me, though I'm not a wow pro.

I think the strategy we're going to try going forward is to focus the Feral defender a few times to remove a few stacks of it's damage buff. It starts with 9 stacks of a buff giving it 50% increased damage for each stack and it loses a stack every time it does. So we focus it, keep it locked down with stuns and taunts and kill it 2 or 3 times and then hopefully it's no longer one-shotting mages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
So we got Varuk his achievement tonight. Didn't end up finishing the Naxx though. Had another new pug join the guild, Tatanja, a Holy/Ret paladin. Their attitude seemed pretty good. Unfortunately they were unable to get their achievement because Wigglemoot and Yamon left suddenly when we were at Gluth. They're gonna need to pug if they want to finish the rest of the bosses, cause I'm not going to form another Naxx 10 on their behalf next week.

I told the pugs in the raid they were free to take the raid ID, but if they didn't by Sunday I would try to finish the instance. Keep an eye on the thread Sunday late afternoon/evening if you're interested in coming.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

high six posted:

gently caress Goons.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.
I'm also wondering if we should just wait on gear for razorscale or try some ideas for dealing with the spawns. I think if we focus the Sentinels better, as in some one putting a skull on one right away. Also, if we get 2 at once can we quickly CC one and then focus down the other? Obviously melee would be dealing with the dwarfs. Sometimes the issue with CC is that it takes away too much dps. Also I noticed that by keeping the Sentinel moving, he would cancel out of his WW 90% of the time. Sometimes kiting can be tough as a tank as you might be out of melee range kiting and not able to hold threat. I don't think we are far off on Razor and it would be pretty cool to win the fight with strat as opposed to getting better gear.

the.pope
Jun 1, 2005
I think the skull on sentinels right away is important. It's already confusing enough when we get an unlucky spawn, and I've noticed a good 10 -15 seconds where two are being dps'd until we all notice and try to focus one. A quick skull would help everyone out on that.

I've noticed that some people aren't using flasks after they wear off, or not at all. Now that we have our fat guild wallet, we need to pretty much force those flasks down their throats since everyone is too polite.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I used to have macros to quickly mark raid targets, but I haven't been able to get them to work on this server. I just get an error message. Right now I have to use my numpad keys to mark targets. Does anybody have a working macro because that would make it much easier to mark while tanking.

the.pope
Jun 1, 2005
http://www.twitch.tv/skitungenpwn/b/574185009?t=37m0s

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Looks like they take the time in the beginning to focus down Auriaya and just let cleaves deal with the Sanctum Sentries. We should try that since the Sentries don't seem to be pouncing like they would have on retail. Ryver was suggesting something like this, and it looks like it may help get some extra damage on Auriaya in the beginning. They're definitely focusing down the Feral Defender when it spawns though.

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 11, 2014

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
:siren: Ulduar 25 tonight at 7 Est (midnight server time). We've been slowly filling the raid with more and more BT members. Hopefully, we'll be approaching or exceeding 20 tonight. :siren:

Devs have also stated that they are focusing on fixing class bugs. As Tanners said last night, hopefully DK's will be able to play something other than Frost spec now.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

What were the problems with the other specs? I've been playing a blood DK and it's seemed fine, but at the same time I've never played one that wasn't here.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Supposedly there's something wrong with Blood's Dancing Rune Weapon and Unholy's Gargoyle and Ghouls. I've never played anything other than frost (on retail or this server), so I don't know for sure. At 80, the only dps DK's I see are frost. Occasionally you'll run into a Blood DK tank.

If you do encounter a bug with your class, the devs are encouraging people to use the bugtracker tool they have on their website.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'll probably not be able to join tonight, though if you need a replacement I may be on later.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I've got Canadian Thanksgiving tonight, I won't be able to make the raid time either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Closing thread. Long live the new thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671762

• Locked thread