Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
This swedish guild has a few videos up of some 10/25 kills.

http://www.twitch.tv/skitungenpwn/profile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L9RgU8KB6A

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Ulduar owns

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, last night was a good night.

A couple thoughts:

- I had forgotten about Runed Orbs and recipes when we started doing invites, so when somebody asked me I wasn't quite prepared. I'd prefer if Orbs, Recipes, and Fragments all get reserved and go to the guild. Not sure if that's gonna fly with pugs, but I guess we'll see.

- I thought the guy rage quitting over not winning a Fragment of Val'Anyr was pretty funny. Who the hell pugs thinking they're gonna get a Legendary?

- Fragments of Val'Anyr don't have a two-hour window to be traded like other raid items. Whoever loots it is stuck with it. So now I guess Kazzdel will be permanently stuck at 1/30 unless Ryver and I can get a GM to answer our ticket.

- 25 man seemed a lot smoother and there's definitely more margin for error.

- I was happy with everybody's performance, and I felt that healers really worked their asses off.

:siren: Also for the folks who weren't there last night, we are continuing our Ulduar 25 raid on Thursday at 7 Est, midnight server time. :siren:

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Sep 30, 2014

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Now that I've gotten up to point where I basically know what I'm doing, are there any professions we're short on?

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
We don't really have a dedicated Leatherworker yet. I think Fixins is our highest skilled one and I've got an alt where I've half-assed it enough to get him up to 400 or so skill.

We could also always use herbalists. Northrend herbs are super-expensive to buy on the AH.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

ZIGfried, now that Ulduar is underway, think you can make links to the boss guides on the OP?

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

saltylopez posted:

We don't really have a dedicated Leatherworker yet. I think Fixins is our highest skilled one and I've got an alt where I've half-assed it enough to get him up to 400 or so skill.

We could also always use herbalists. Northrend herbs are super-expensive to buy on the AH.

Oh god, if you're going leatherworking, have a class that can aoe the mobs down. Farming borean leather takes forever as a rogue.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I'm a hunter so I don't have the best AOE, but Thunderstomp and Multishot will probably work. It's going to be a long time until I'm at Northrend though, I'll figure something out.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

saltylopez posted:

I'm currently Tailoring/Skinning (although as a low-level Warlock I'm still in Vanilla mats), so let me know if you need me to divert some of my mats from the Auction House to the Guild Bank.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

saltylopez posted:

- I had forgotten about Runed Orbs and recipes when we started doing invites, so when somebody asked me I wasn't quite prepared. I'd prefer if Orbs, Recipes, and Fragments all get reserved and go to the guild. Not sure if that's gonna fly with pugs, but I guess we'll see.

- I thought the guy rage quitting over not winning a Fragment of Val'Anyr was pretty funny. Who the hell pugs thinking they're gonna get a Legendary?

Fragments should obviously be reserved for Dab or whoever we decided to give them to. Orbs should probably be reserved for the guild, but I guess it depends on pugs. Recipes I don't really care as much about. How many pugs did we even have? Seemed like only a few so this probably wont be much of an issue in a few weeks I hope.

Hilarious, was it Thundrama?

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
11-12 pugs I think. I specifically stated before the raid that fragments were reserved when we brought up loot rules, but the guy argued with me anyway before ragequitting.

Wasn't Thundrama but was another Shaman. Name was Mondegotfw or something weird like that.

high six
Feb 6, 2010

saltylopez posted:

:siren: Also for the folks who weren't there last night, we are continuing our Ulduar 25 raid on Thursday at 7 Est, midnight server time. :siren:

Yessss, a night I can raid. I'm pumped, now that you guys cleared the stuff that's easily clearable, even with pugs, I get to come in and wipe a hundred times and get super salty. I'm pretty excited. We should change monday raid nights for one person, ahem, me. Forget Frostshock! I'm not raiding on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday nights. I work too early the next mornings to do that.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

World first legendary mace crafted from fragments won in pug raids.

Edit: Tanners that video is destroying my mobile app for some reason.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
We should just have Zigfried craft the hammer and use it in Shadowform to troll the whole server.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Be sure to let people know how duped you were because you thought you could right-click it and it would turn into something more beneficial for your shadow spec!

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

LuiCypher posted:

Be sure to let people know how duped you were because you thought you could right-click it and it would turn into something more beneficial for your shadow spec!

Bal'anyr Slayer of Ancient Kings :twisted:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I got my DK to 80 last night, making it my first WoW alt to reach max level. I want to make him a tank, and I'd like some advice on how best to go about it in terms of talents and equipment. I've heard that Frost tanking is bugged, but only snippets.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

SirPhoebos posted:

I got my DK to 80 last night, making it my first WoW alt to reach max level. I want to make him a tank, and I'd like some advice on how best to go about it in terms of talents and equipment. I've heard that Frost tanking is bugged, but only snippets.

It's pretty tough, but we might need an unholy tank dk to mitigate all the magic damage fuckery in Ulduar. Your main priority is keeping bone shield up. I have no idea what's bugged with dks though, I haven't seen a single unholy tank here.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Something's bugged with Unholy. I think it's the Gargoyle, but it might also be the Ghoul.

I Dancing Rune Weapon is also broken for Blood DK's.

We could really use a DK tank though, that's for sure. (Please save us Walla)

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

saltylopez posted:

We could really use a DK tank though, that's for sure. (Please save us Walla)

Raid in a cultured timezone thanks

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

"...But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."

Khako posted:

Oh god, if you're going leatherworking, have a class that can aoe the mobs down. Farming borean leather takes forever as a rogue.

Fan of Knives??

Draxion posted:

I'm a hunter so I don't have the best AOE, but Thunderstomp and Multishot will probably work. It's going to be a long time until I'm at Northrend though, I'll figure something out.

I found once geared you could smash mobs so quickly, it didn't matter too much. Also Volley.

On another note, I have left the guild to join a Australian time friendly guild. Though there are so many paladins there I may be making my hunter my main. Either way, if you guys need something, I'll be around, Cespenar(paladin) level 71 currently, only because I'm boosting my hunter to try to catch up to my paladin and level both up to 80 around same time. Paladin is Leveling mining/enchanting and I will be doing skinning/leather working on Hunter. I can do up to Cobalt at the moment and can give you guys better prices than AH so if you need something, hit me up while online or via mail. Hunter is only 44 with not even 75 in skinning, so that'll be another 2 weeks before hitting anything relevant.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

cupachabra posted:

Raid in a cultured timezone thanks

gently caress that bump it forward 2-3 hours and it will be perfect.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I tried the "real" WoW a long while ago and dropped it without getting very far.
I want to give WoW another shot but I also don't want to pay.

Would I be able to find people to raid with starting out from scratch? Since raids and dungeons (or whatever they're called) are the things that grabbed me the most in other MMOs.

EDIT: Also is there a way to play on Algalon using a streaming client? Or is it something exclusive to Blizzard servers?

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I'll update op with Ulduar related news and such today or tomorrow

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Jack Trades posted:

I tried the "real" WoW a long while ago and dropped it without getting very far.
I want to give WoW another shot but I also don't want to pay.

Would I be able to find people to raid with starting out from scratch? Since raids and dungeons (or whatever they're called) are the things that grabbed me the most in other MMOs.

EDIT: Also is there a way to play on Algalon using a streaming client? Or is it something exclusive to Blizzard servers?

In short, yes to finding people to raid with. But you'll still need to grind from 1-80, which takes time, and the fact that Dungeon Finder will not work until they introduce ToC will make it harder to find groups to run dungeons with at low levels.

The streaming client is something they introduced in Cataclysm, so no. But since the hotfixes are more or less server-side, all you have to do is download the 3.3.5a client and you'll be set.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
So the first week of Ulduar is over, and I figured I'd post an update on some of the things where Algalon's scripts may be a little weird.

Flame Leviathan
- Had a bug in 25 man where apparently some folks thought that the Tower of Life was still up after having been destroyed.
- Some of the Siege Engines seem to get bugged and won't allow a gunner to hop onboard.
- On 10 man, when we reached Flame Leviathan's arena, there was another set of two siege engines and two demolishers. This allows the raid to run 4 demolishers which if done correctly will make the fight much quicker.
- The ranges on demolishers (not sure about other vehicles) seems to be much lower than on retail, you actually need to get somewhat close whereas on retail I could fire from about 75% of the length of Flame Leviathan's room.
- Choppers cannot pickup Pyrite Barrels as far as I know.
- Flame Leviathan's turrets are taking AoE damage from demolisher cannonballs. On retail, they are only supposed to take damage from a player that has been fired onto Flame Leviathan. When all the turrets are destroyed, Flame Leviathan shuts down for 15 seconds or so and resets his speed boost to 0%. If this bug/feature stays, it could make doing the 4 tower hard mode much easier when we're ready.
- Try and be near Flame Leviathan when he dies to avoid loot bugs.

Razorscale
- Have not been able to confirm yet if her flame breath after taking back off into the air will kill dwarves/sentinels.
- The amount of Sentinels that spawn with every add wave seems to be random, we've had none spawn and we've had up to 3 spawn in one wave. On 10 man, 3 Sentinels is almost assuredly a wipe.
- The Devouring Flames come constantly, so players need to be on their toes while Razorscale is in the air.
- This fight is definitely a dps check on this server.

Ignis
- Constructs seem to become Molten on a whim. I've seen some become Molten without being held in a Scorch patch, and I've seen others take up to 15 stacks of fire before becoming Molten.
- Instead of their speed increasing while they are molten, constructs move much slower, making it take up precious time trying to pull them into the pools of water.
- Consider using 3 healers if the damage is out of control, as the enrage timer is pretty generous.
- Sometimes people thrown into the Slag pot will get dropped out early, but still take the damage. They should resume doing whatever they were doing previously.

XT-002 Deconstructor
- Sometimes the adds during the heart phase will stand at their spawn point instead of approaching XT. Ranged should probably blow up whatever bombs are in that area to clear them out, just in case they start moving for whatever reason.

Iron Council
- I feel like this is very close to retail, aside from them having double their normal hp.

Kologarn
- I haven't witnessed it myself, but apparently there's a bug if you kill the torso by destroying an arm, leaving Kologarn unkillable with 1 hit point. For example, the arms do 15% of the body's maximum hit points in damage to it. If you destroy an arm while the body has 14% or lower hit points, it will cause the bug. So, if the body's hit points are around 15% or lower, dps must focus the body.
- Controlling the adds that spawned after destruction of an arm seemed to be key to us killing Kologarn.
- The body tank must stand front-and-center or Kologarn will start using Petrifying Breath.
- Ranged were saying that the eyebeams were bugging out sometimes and would not chase people.

Auriaya
- Everything does a lot more damage than on retail here.
- The cats don't seem to pounce as readily during the pull, so the pull is not quite so dangerous.
- Sanctum Sentries and Feral Defenders need to be focused down as they still hit like a truck and were frequently 1-2 shotting people.
- Not interrupting Sentinel Blast ASAP leads to a wipe.
- Not stacking up properly to spread Sonic Screech damage leads to people getting 1 shot.

General Notes
- Now is the time to be reviewing your spec, rotation, gems, etc. I'm gonna take a look at my tank spec and make it completely bear instead of a bear/cat hybrid, to make sure there's not anything I can do to squeeze a little bit of survivability from it. People should look similarly at their own specs.
- People have been concerned about their dps in Ulduar, and we need the best performance from everybody. Find some guides and practice at training dummies if you want to improve.

Edit: Also this:

quote:

Emalon, the Storm Watcher has been released in the Vault of Archavon.

In order to keep the progression feeling of the progressive realm, you will have this encounter available only AFTER defeat all the bosses from Naxxramas and obtain the achievement "The Fall of Naxxramas". For example, if you want to do Emalon 10 players, you must have "The Fall of Naxxramas" 10 players.

If someone from the raid party does not match this requirements, the raid will not have the possibility to engage Emalon. So we have to warn you about this: be careful. We will not reset any ID or grant any achievement.

As a side note: PvE Tier vendors were also deployed on the server and the Kirin Tor ring vendor was updated with the new rings.

Before the questions about PvP start filling this post: This weekend we will grant the rewards of the Arena Season 5. The Arena Season 6 will start this Monday (October 6th).

I'll keep my save open if you guys want to run this before our 10 man tonight.

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Oct 3, 2014

the.pope
Jun 1, 2005
I completely forgot about a new VOA!

Should be easy for us to do tonight before Ulduar.

I think the gunner issues can be solved by having whoever is going to be the gunner get on the vehicle first, and then switch to the gunner spot via the little thing below your mini map.

Having lots of fun in Ulduar so far.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Emalon

Kill the add what gets big.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

saltylopez posted:

Emalon

Kill the add what gets big.

I really don't know if <BROWN TOWN> is ready for advanced stuff like this yet.

unclenutzzy
Jun 6, 2007
Do you guys still run 10 man naxx? I have a heroics crew and I want to get our guys the achievement ao they can do Emalon. Would anyone be interested in doing that tonight?

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
We have a few new(ish) 80's that could use the achievement, as well. Off the top of my head: Garage, Varuk and Phoebos (Myimmersion's DK). You could see if any of them are on and interested. Frostshock's also mentioned wanting to gear up for Elemental so that's also a possibility.

the.pope
Jun 1, 2005

Tanners posted:

I really don't know if <BROWN TOWN> is ready for advanced stuff like this yet.

Not ready for that baby spice troll.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Found this in the Algalon forums in a thread discussing Ulduar scripts:

quote:

XT25 hardmode:

44.7mil after activating hardmode, ~7mil to get to the first heart, and the heart itself having ~8mil, on an 8 minute enrage timer.

Fun fact, LK25 normal mode has 60mil hp and a 15 minute enrage timer.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

saltylopez posted:

Found this in the Algalon forums in a thread discussing Ulduar scripts:

While that may be the case, XT didn't have Defile, the Raid Destroyer.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

unclenutzzy posted:

Do you guys still run 10 man naxx? I have a heroics crew and I want to get our guys the achievement ao they can do Emalon. Would anyone be interested in doing that tonight?

I can come for any role to help out. Just give me a heads up when it happens.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
I have a Naxx 25 raid id on Gluth if people want to try and run it sometime this week.
I hate when people jack raid ids, but it wasn't even a guild run so gently caress it.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
We're running Naxx 10 RIGHT NOW for newbie acheives to get Ulduar unlocked.

If you don't have a naxx 10 acheivement. LOG ON PLEASE.

:siren: GARAGE WHERE ARE YOU :siren:

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Sorry I had to bounce early, but I should be available Saturday and Sunday evening to either help finish the Naxx 10 or get the Ulduar 10 started proper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

We stopped for the night at Thaddius after he fell underneath the floor, I believe the plan is to finish it on Sunday.

• Locked thread