Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What time tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the.pope
Jun 1, 2005
I'll be on around 7 if you need help with that naxx run

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I have a 15 Priest, can I join the <Brown Town> or is there a cutoff?

Venger in-game

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Get the gently caress in.

It's a casual guild with some people who try to herd the rest of us into actually completing raids some evenings.

*posts as if he has done anything in the last three months*

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Vengarr posted:

I have a 15 Priest, can I join the <Brown Town> or is there a cutoff?

Venger in-game

Look me up in game, im in as Nitzer. We can run low level dungeons and what not and level together. Everyone in the guild is 80 so its kinda lonely being a low level.
I usually play from 5:00pm est till whenever.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
:siren: Ulduar 25 tonight at 7 Est (midnight server time). We had about 14 BT members last week. I'm hoping to have more this week. See ya there! :siren:

Edit: Watch videos for Razorscale, Kologarn and Auriaya, since they're the bosses we're currently stuck on.

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 6, 2014

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Hey I'm a stupid baby and accidentally scheduled a meeting during tonight's raid.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

ZIGfried posted:

Hey I'm a stupid baby and accidentally scheduled a meeting during tonight's raid.

loot ban

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

Hi this is bobelfinton, making the obligatory hello post, cuz why the hell not

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
So, we're in a rebuilding phase where we're once again trying to pull together 25 people for Ulduar. Last night, we were able to field 14. We also added two new members from folks who were pugs with us (Yamon and Wiggle...something).

All you lower level folks should not hesitate to ask for help from anybody level 80 and sitting around in Dal. At the same time, anybody level 80 with nothing to do should probably go out of their way to lend a hand to the folks leveling. And I'm not saying I've been the most helpful person, cause I spend a lot of time idling where I could be doing something else. Also, as far as anything in the guild bank; if it's not in the officer tab USE IT.

This also means we need to help fresh 80's get their Naxx achievements because pugs don't seem to be cutting it (a lot of them get stuck at Gluth/Gothik). At the moment, we need to help Varuk get his 25 and 10 man achievements. I think there's a few members here and there that don't have 10 man achievements, but have the 25 man, as well.

It's much easier, less stressful, and more satisfying to do progression raiding with a full guild crew instead of having to deal with pugs. In the coming weeks, I'm probably going to start looking over the meters and pulling aside folks on the low end. I'm not planning on benching anybody, but we'll probably have to do some homework and figure out what we can change to improve performance. I encourage other guild members to help each other in this way too, just don't embarrass people and call them out publicly.

We have to grow the guild and logging on only for the raids is not growing the guild.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

My DK alt could probably be carried through Naxx right now, but ideally I want to get him more heroic gear before I make the push. Ideally with a guild group, since I want to make sure I know what I'm doing when tanking.

EDIT: For my main (myimmersion) I've figured out my main issue is that my cooldowns and DoT timers are pretty awkward, which makes it hard to get a casting rhythm down. Perhaps I need to dig into the necrosis addon or something to see if it can help.

EDIT2: Aside from Bloodlust, are there any raid buffs that give haste?

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 7, 2014

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I've always been a fan of needtoknow for buff/debuff timers. It's very minimalistic and can be used for basically any class. Takes maybe a minute to set it to track a new ability. I make a bank of red bars to track debuffs, green bars to track buffs that I need to keep up/survivabilty cooldowns, and a bank of blue bars right over my character for any short-term buffs that alter your rotation (stuff like Hot Streak, Decimation, or Killing Machine).

It's not as flashy as something like PowerAuras or as crisp-looking as Quartz but I've got enough crap on my screen as it is.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

saltylopez posted:

At the moment, we need to help Varuk get his 25 and 10 man achievements.

I'm already locked out for the week on Naxx10 (and I only need to do the arachnid and plague quarters for that one) but I haven't seen anyone starting any Naxx25s in global. I did get through an EoE 25 though!

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

I'm out (again) gents. Good luck to you all. Tanners has my account info, so make him divvy up all the poo poo I have.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow i thoguht we were best friends nineinches

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Sold one of the Runed Orbs for 75k (71k after AH fees). If anybody is desperate for cash, you can convert 18 Conquest badges into a Runed Orb to try and sell it. It should go quickly for 50-80k. If you post in the AH, try to undercut the other people posting by a good amount. They might just buy up your orb to try and turn around a profit.

I'm not sure how long these prices can last before the bubble pops.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

saltylopez posted:

Sold one of the Runed Orbs for 75k (71k after AH fees). If anybody is desperate for cash, you can convert 18 Conquest badges into a Runed Orb to try and sell it. It should go quickly for 50-80k. If you post in the AH, try to undercut the other people posting by a good amount. They might just buy up your orb to try and turn around a profit.

I'm not sure how long these prices can last before the bubble pops.

thats just absolutely ridiculous

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I tried posting for 150k, but by the time I got home from work I was being undercut down to 110k. I reposted for 75k at 5 and it had sold some time between then and 9.

I think I'll be able to unload the other two pretty rapidly. We gotta figure out what we're gonna do with the cash. I don't know if we should do loans for items people want to purchase, or just give everybody who hits 80 a lump sum or what. Officers should probably have a discussion on this.

Frostshock, can you increase the amount of cash that Neckbeards can withdraw? At the moment, I think it's set to 10g.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
The BoE armbraces nobody wanted from our 10 man sold for 20k pretty quick. Should have gone higher!

saltylopez posted:

I tried posting for 150k, but by the time I got home from work I was being undercut down to 110k. I reposted for 75k at 5 and it had sold some time between then and 9.

I think I'll be able to unload the other two pretty rapidly. We gotta figure out what we're gonna do with the cash. I don't know if we should do loans for items people want to purchase, or just give everybody who hits 80 a lump sum or what. Officers should probably have a discussion on this.

Frostshock, can you increase the amount of cash that Neckbeards can withdraw? At the moment, I think it's set to 10g.

Save it to buy more orbs when they are cheaper? We wont have recipes for awhile so hopefully the price will fall a bit.

Can do, remind me on Thursday if I forget.

Suran37 fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Oct 8, 2014

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I got my 25 Naxx achievement for Varuk.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

sirtommygunn posted:

I got my 25 Naxx achievement for Varuk.

That's awesome!

Finished selling the Runed Orbs. A guy named Karthus is buying them.

Also, saw a guy selling Flame caps (http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=22788) in global for 1250g a stack. Not sure why. Could be bugged like Venomhide poison was maybe? Either that or they're just a small buff that maybe stacks with everything.

Obsidius beat 25 man Firefighter (Mimiron hard mode) so they should be moving onto 25 man Algalon next. They said Firefighter took over 150 attempts over the past two weeks.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
I like guild raid flasks for excess moolah.

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

Figured I'd give this a whirl, in as Ronqueesha I'll look for someone for an invite. Also is there any way to disable the big question mark tooltip thing in the middle of my bars?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Chacmool posted:

Figured I'd give this a whirl, in as Ronqueesha I'll look for someone for an invite. Also is there any way to disable the big question mark tooltip thing in the middle of my bars?

i think that goes away in time. i think its something related to the tutorials.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Chacmool posted:

Something in options named show tutorials.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Are we doing 10man tonight or something

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah. We're doing 10 man Ulduar tonight assuming we have the right group make-up for it. Need 2 tanks and 2 healers. And preferably a dps with a heal offspec.

We're also getting to the point where we have to choose our dps carefully for 10 mans because we're starting to basically run into a brick wall on dps checks.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'll be getting on late tonight, so don't hold the raid up on account of me (myimmersion)

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I'll be on around 7 depending on traffic, but I'm going out for drinks tonight. I'll be able to raid till about 9-930. I know it's not too long so I'll sit out if we got a dedicated 10m tonight.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
:siren: I'm planning on running a Naxx 10 attunement raid tonight, assuming we get any guild members online who need the achievement. I know Varuk and Phoebos still need it, not sure if Toe has it or not. Plan on starting around 7. Anybody who wants to help get the run done quickly will be greatly appreciated. :siren:

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records
The bags in the gbank have been exceedingly helpful. Many thanks

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Likewise. They are graciously appreciated.

In other news, the drop rate on world blues is seriously the best thing that happened for leveling characters. Even if it's not useful for me, I tend to dump it in the GBank for some intrepid leveling soul to use at a later date.

That being said, speedrunning dungeons with an 80 is still probably the best way to farm cloth or get other useful items. Running RFK in particular is really, really good for leveling Skinning.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Just a heads up to folks who were in Ulduar 10 last night. Auriaya is technically optional, so in the future we can sneak by her if we continue having problems.

This does require that we get that far into the instance with enough time to fight the Watchers, though. I think we can improve the amount of time it takes for us to get ready for followup attempts after a wipe (or ideally not wipe at all on some fights, like XT).

I don't have anybody in mind when saying this (if anything, I want to make sure I'm not wasting people's time when leading); I just feel like it's something we could improve on in general.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Need more for Naxx 10, at 5/10 at the moment.

Edit: Up to 8/10. Need a tank and a dps.

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 11, 2014

high six
Feb 6, 2010

loving Fixins.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
y u do this

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

saltylopez posted:

Need more for Naxx 10, at 5/10 at the moment.

Edit: Up to 8/10. Need a tank and a dps.

Sorry yo, got called in to work or I'd be there. Even for lovely, all-night, Thadius wiping Naxx.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

saltylopez posted:

Just a heads up to folks who were in Ulduar 10 last night. Auriaya is technically optional, so in the future we can sneak by her if we continue having problems.

This does require that we get that far into the instance with enough time to fight the Watchers, though. I think we can improve the amount of time it takes for us to get ready for followup attempts after a wipe (or ideally not wipe at all on some fights, like XT).

I don't have anybody in mind when saying this (if anything, I want to make sure I'm not wasting people's time when leading); I just feel like it's something we could improve on in general.

Yeah, we are so close, I'd rather not skip her like we are on Razorscale. It's pretty apparent with more gear we can get razorscale but that is probably our limiting factor. I don't think gear is an issue on her and we can get it. We just need to deal with the random attack cat and we've got it. I think we can get better at wipe recovery. I also would like to keep chat to fight related stuff during the fight. Sometimes people key up and say stuff like, "gently caress!" and I'm not sure if they forgot to summon the right vanity pet or they've died. I know on alot of those fights I have quite a bit to keep track of and people discussing unessential stuff can be distracting for me, though I'm not a wow pro.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

high six posted:

loving Fixins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Discussing strats midfight is a 50 DKP minus

• Locked thread