Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
This was the first time I actually understood how Selina ever had any success in politics in the first place. Even with the gaffe on the three Rs, the handeled the whole debate rather well, or at least better than the usual stuff we see from her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Haha, ipad speech writer was the dude that played Pelant on Bones.
Creepy fucker.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hey, I'm still watching Seinfeld and guess what, I've just watched an episode where Elaine gets a short haircut that everyone dislikes. People mentioned before that Selena had Elain-ish hair in the SNL skit before, so I wonder if it's a running gag of sorts.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Henchman of Santa posted:

I thought it was a pretty obvious parody of Rick Perry.

Ah poo poo, you're right. All those guys sort of blend into one for me.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Thornhill is pretty much a white, sports-based version of Herman Cain.

It's a little close to Alpha House's gag.

I thought it was a pretty obvious parody of Rick Perry.

Also the younger candidate pulling a thirsty Marco Rubio.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Does JLD actually have a twitch in real life? I'm trying to work out how she was able to do it on cue, maybe I just don't have the optimal control over that particular muscle...

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

Does JLD actually have a twitch in real life? I'm trying to work out how she was able to do it on cue, maybe I just don't have the optimal control over that particular muscle...

It's not particularly hard, but then again, I used to twitch in my left eye for a long time.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
Props department gets props for finding such a comically giant thermos keg/mug. Has Kevin Dunn's character always carried it around?

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

Rolling Scissors posted:

Props department gets props for finding such a comically giant thermos keg/mug. Has Kevin Dunn's character always carried it around?

Yeah. I just watched seasons 1-2 and carried it when he started playing a bigger role.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

e X posted:

This was the first time I actually understood how Selina ever had any success in politics in the first place. Even with the gaffe on the three Rs, the handeled the whole debate rather well, or at least better than the usual stuff we see from her.

Yeah, I think that's sort of a central theme of the show. Everyone is a careerist and an incompetent gently caress-up. Basically the only thing that gets you in the lead is luck and persistence.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I can do it in my left eye, maybe it's just one of those things like rolling your tongue or whatever.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice

Rolling Scissors posted:

In the season 2 premiere he said it was the only thing he'd save if the building were on fire.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

zoux posted:

I can do it in my left eye, maybe it's just one of those things like rolling your tongue or whatever.

Yeah, I practiced for a few minutes and I could do it on command.

I have to say, I loved this episode, although I was actually really sad that Dan seemed to have pretty much rebounded back to his normal self by the end of the episode. Mellow Dan was pretty hilarious in his own right. And he was pretty handsome with that beard. I saw the three R thing coming, but it was still awesome. Pretty much the cringiest comedy that Veep has ever done. I literally couldn't watch some parts of it out of sympathetic embarrassment. Which I love.

Also, anyone who's thinking about watching The Thick of It: do it. It's amazing. Even funnier than Veep, especially series 3 and 4. There's also a website out there (can't remember the name of it off the top of my head) that has scripts, which are pretty much necessary for understanding some of the jokes, even for an anglophile like me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrDfdUHai80

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Rolling Scissors posted:

Yep, just over $10 worth. http://www.shopbubba.com/p-207-bubba-52-oz-mug-classic-navy-blue.aspx

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

haha holy poo poo :tviv:

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
I...did not see that twist coming.

Wonder if it will twist back next episode.

Jonah: "Someone has just flown two planes into my career!"

Kleptobot fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jun 9, 2014

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm so glad there's an episode immediately after this, because I couldn't wait another week after this

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Oh that's right, I'm trying to imagine what will gently caress this up for her.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Tyberius posted:

Oh that's right, I'm trying to imagine what will gently caress this up for her.

The only thing this really changes is that she is the incumbent. She still has a campaign to run. Shes still hosed in NH.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Siri, why does God allow suffering?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

BigRed0427 posted:

The only thing this really changes is that she is the incumbent. She still has a campaign to run. Shes still hosed in NH.

Has a POTUS ever been primaried? She may only have to face the opposition party.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is going to make her inevitable crash back to Veeping for Chung even worse for her.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

I need you :unsmith:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is this... is this a dream sequence?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

This is going to crash so hard. :(

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Is there 2 episodes tonight?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kanish posted:

Is there 2 episodes tonight?

Yep. We're on the final episode of the season right now.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

Is this... is this a dream sequence?
I'm waiting for them to pull a St. Elsewhere.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Sweeney Tom posted:

Yep. We're on the final episode of the season right now.

Welp, time to wait for HBO go to catch up

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
"Take these loving shoes and shoot them in the loving head!"

"You might as well drive a suicide clown car into the loving Lincoln Memorial."

"We all make mistakes, just ask your mom and dad!"

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

"Make sure you pack a squeaky coat."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SHE GOT THE OATH WRONG

ed: So Season 4 starting with still-President Selina, only with an uphill battle to stay there. Cool.

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 9, 2014

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

"I came in third, Amy. Even the Nazis came in second."
:drat:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

I gotta rewatch this show. I came into it really late.

Game of Thrones too. I haven't seen any of season 4 :doh:

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Jonad is such a loving goon.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I usually just kind of watch this show in the background, but when Selina first hears about the resignation and then she tells Gary and his nose starts bleeding I couldn't stop laughing.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The gently caress stops here, Dan.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

victorious posted:

I normally love cringey moments but holy poo poo I had to look away when Selena couldn't remember the 3rd R. It was like Mitt Romney all over again.
I'm not picking on you, but people's short/poor memory when it comes to politics is how lovely politicians get elected.

Rolling Scissors posted:

It's a standard trucker's mug. Even Kroger sells them.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
"And don't hire a guy named Jonah! See? I'm already on to you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I usually just kind of watch this show in the background, but when Selina first hears about the resignation and then she tells Gary and his nose starts bleeding I couldn't stop laughing.
That was a really great moment and I think the first time I've laughed with someone on the show as opposed to at them. Incredibly funny.

• Locked thread