Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

zoux posted:

New Rolling Stone cover.
http://i.imgur.com/CtU85Ry.jpg

John Hancock did not sign the Constitution!!

According to Julia Louis-Dreyfus, it's either a birthmark or Mike loving up again.

https://twitter.com/OfficialJLD/statuses/453940107322474496

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Well, that's a VPILF

(Vice president I'd like to filibuster)

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't wait for new episode tonight.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
Jonah, burn that sweater. Burn it now....preferably while you're wearing it.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
HuffPo should be called PuffHo because it's full of puff pieces and Arianna Huffington is a ho.

e:Dan is insane...

e2:Next episode, Mother vs Daughter! :allears:

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 14, 2014

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Washington Toast and the Poo York Times.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Who the hell smuggles swords?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Washington Toast

I think I laughed the hardest at this line because its just so loving stupid. Classic Jonah, I'm glad he's sticking around to be a thorn in everyone's side.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Really enjoyed the last two episodes. The Catholic Bishop eating the fruit was the highlight for me.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So Selena is going to run for POTUS, lose again and probably end up being Veep again?

Still, it's nice to see Mike finally happy. I hope Sue's romance doesn't go anywhere. And Jonah? Excruciating to watch.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I love how even Mike's wife is on the "gently caress Jonah" train after knowing him for like two minutes.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

You're listing trimesters! STOP IT

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I see Dan is channeling a little bit of that Malcolm Tucker aura, and it feels pretty good right now.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Amazing episode as always. Laughed hard at Jonah's "Well guess what Dan I love Burritos" or w/e he said.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Abu Dave posted:

Amazing episode as always. Laughed hard at Jonah's "Well guess what Dan I love Burritos" or w/e he said.

I laughed harder at Dan spinning around on him after he said "yeah you better leave bitch".

Also Dan's complete meltdown was awesome.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

DivisionPost posted:

I love how even Mike's wife is on the "gently caress Jonah" train after knowing him for like two minutes.

Can you grab me a beer, too?

t:mad:t

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Mike thanking the cardinal for his service was such a great little joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dRoIhACC2c

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Sakarja posted:

Mike thanking the cardinal for his service was such a great little joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dRoIhACC2c

Mike: 'Motherfucker!'
Kid 1: 'Hey, mom said we can't say that.
Kid 2: 'Yeah, we're supposed to say stepdad'.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
The best sequence was the VP's staff arguing about the President becoming pro-choice while the arrested guy in the boat watched on with a gun pointed at him. Also the bit with the fruits.

Also super excited at Selena going up against Clay Davis for President. I know his name is Maddox but in my head it's just Clay Davis, who had an impossibly meteoric rise from the Maryland State Senate.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I hope he says "shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" :allears:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So does nobody watch this show or something? Because it's by far my favorite comedy that's currently running, and this was another great episode so I'm surprised how relatively quiet this thread is.

One question though - did the abortion ATM line sound familiar to anyone else? I have a feeling I've heard it somewhere before almost word for word, maybe in some stand up routine, but can't quite place it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mobby_6kl posted:

So does nobody watch this show or something? Because it's by far my favorite comedy that's currently running, and this was another great episode so I'm surprised how relatively quiet this thread is.

One question though - did the abortion ATM line sound familiar to anyone else? I have a feeling I've heard it somewhere before almost word for word, maybe in some stand up routine, but can't quite place it.

I don't know who is this lady, but she says it's her joke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqfuD37CeTo

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Paladinus posted:

I don't know who is this lady, but she says it's her joke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqfuD37CeTo

I'm pretty sure I've heard a variant from a stand up comic, along with something along the lines of "I was young, she was a cheerleader!".

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
There's a famous quote version that ends with "abortion would be a sacrament."

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
I'm surprised that we didn't see some discussion of the contents of Selina's garbage when Jonah got fired. Obviously he's a dope and has no idea what was in them, but Selina is under the impression that he does.

[edit] The garbage from "Shutdown" in season 2, is what I mean.

[edit again]

Dancing Peasant posted:

I see Dan is channeling a little bit of that Malcolm Tucker aura, and it feels pretty good right now.

I thought the same thing when I saw that. I don't think that kind of character would work during this season, but if Selina became PotUS it would be awesome to see Dan become a Tuckeresque bastard.

BUSH 2112 fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 16, 2014

arak0r
Feb 10, 2006

The Ugly
Haven't seen it mentioned, but Jonah has found himself a new career as the narrator/guide for Creationist Cosmos!

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

BUSH 2112 posted:

I thought the same thing when I saw that. I don't think that kind of character would work during this season, but if Selina became PotUS it would be awesome to see Dan become a Tuckeresque bastard.

I know Malcolm is probably in jail now and that Peter Capaldi is Doctor Who; but it'd be great if Malcolm could swing by Veep for a couple episodes...

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Even if Peter Capaldi was available he said he's done with Malcolm Tucker. Angry Dan reminded me more of Jamie anyway.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
In case anyone was wondering, the show's on tonight, same time as usual. I don't know why threads aren't stickied, maybe the mods are off for Eastern Sunday :catholic:

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
Selina's self-loathing SNL facial expression: glorious.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That was arguably the best episode the show's ever done. Laser focused, tight as a drum and loving hilarious.

Just sittin on tha cohnah

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Ill admit I have only caught up on this show in the past few weeks, but it is awesome! How does this thread only have 2 pages.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

zoux posted:

WHAT?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

zoux posted:

That was arguably the best episode the show's ever done. Laser focused, tight as a drum and loving hilarious.

The latest episode was seriously one of the best I've seen. They managed to introduce two new characters in one episode that are hilarious and more interesting than characters who've been on other show's entire seasons.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Kanish posted:

Ill admit I have only caught up on this show in the past few weeks, but it is awesome! How does this thread only have 2 pages.

Goons don't enjoy shows that are funny.

Tonight's episode owned, especially when the child care lady hosed up Jonad's story. Or when Catherine gave that epic pep talk.

This show is hands down one of the best sitcoms ever.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I really hope we see more of Catherine this season, she's a really great foil to Selina. Echoing everything said above, this episode was on fire.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Turning Jonah into a beltway gossip blogger who's a cross between Wonkette, Politico, and Worldstar is right up there with giving Kenny Powers a sports talk show. Whoever thought of that deserves an award.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

You're an inspiration! :thumbsup:

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
Okay, now that was an episode. The last two were good, but holy poo poo, that was amazing. The actress that plays Catherine is loving fantastic, the way that she used the similar mannerisms and delivery as Selina when she was going on that rant, that scene blew me away. Pretty much the only other show I've seen where I've bought that characters were actually related was Arrested Development.

BUSH 2112 fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I could not stop laughing at the line "who are you? A loving nobody? Cause nobody talks to Dee like that"

• Locked thread