Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'll give them one thing, that's gotta be the most elaborate launch sequence I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm just glad we know what's going on now.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The strange thing about this show is that usually it's the good guys who recruit a new team member each episode while the bad guys try a new hare-brained scheme to stop them each time.

At this rate I'm going to be disappointed if the last episode doesn't feature the kiltgangs all combining into a mega-kiltgang.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Wow the Nebula seems to be roughly a million times better than Earth. Poor Daichi never got giant lightsabers or energy shields.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Artum posted:

Puck was using the Install system, he literally copied over Kube's mind.
Which would make him a copy of Puck, not an extension of Puck, so they might come into conflict.

Although maybe the show will just ignore that.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm still watching because it does have the occasional amazing moment like the Akari threatening to destroy humanity, but this giant robot show certainly has some of the most boring giant robot fights I've ever seen.

I did like "You keep saying that. What's a real person?" this week.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Nah, it'll look like he dies but then he lives thanks to livlaster magic because he ~promised~ to come get Hana out of her ball.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, the way the Kiltgang crew was handled is really weird. Especially Malkin's showing a faint spark of development and then getting instantly shut down by Amarok and going nowhere.

I think the story would actually be way more interesting if Daichi and Akari didn't exist, or at least weren't the main characters, and it was mostly about the Kiltgang freaking the gently caress out over being both humans and world-eating space monsters.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 15, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Wow, I'd totally forgotten about Teppei's dad. It's like they came up with enough characters and plot lines for a 52-episode show and then had to cut it down to 26 at the last minute. Then they chose to do that by including the start of every subplot but only some of the endings.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Wait, who was the blue-haired girl who showed up at the very end? I remember seeing her before but not when. Has she just been chilling in the background the whole time? I guess that means she has something to do with the livlasters, since they keep saying they're also living aliens but never went anywhere with that.

Also I still haven't the slightest idea what "neoteny" is supposed to mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Did they ever explain what exactly the Blume was and how it ended up on Earth?

• Locked thread