Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
That reminds me, how was the star driver movie? I don't think anyone has subbed it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

serebralassazin posted:

I'm surprised no one has said this yet but cup phone will be missed.

Cup phone was easily the most compelling character in this show.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Earth really is kind of screwed. Since shirtless Galactus seems to be out of the picture, all they have is one lovely robot and a bunch of lovely missiles. Teppei has a dick gun, but there is only one robot. The guy who is running the alternate plan is a patsy for the kiltgangs while remaining completely confident that he has it all under control for no particular reason. There don't seem to be any other ideas for how to deal with the upcoming extinction of humanity besides those two.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Teppei is just fighting for his friends. He doesn't have much else to tie him to humanity, really.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
At least it looks like Teppei is getting his own (likely lovely) robot next episode. Also, if all of the designer children have hair color coded to their kiltgang identity, why don't they just start looking for people with unusual hair colors near a predicted activation? It wouldn't have worked for the idol since they never actually met her, but they found a redhead japanese guy and they could have at least asked if it was his natural color.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, one part of that seems fairly obvious. Macbeth has Puck. Macbeth made all of the designer children. Puck serves the kiltgangs. We don't know where Puck came from. So this whole mess was the result of a corporation being stupidly dependent on a supercomputer they either found or was taken over by the aliens.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

The_White_Crane posted:

Don't do that. Kill La Kill is easily better than this show has been so far.

I think that KlK is heavily flawed and I still agree with this. CE has been a whole lot of nothing thus far.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If Puck is manipulating the gears as well, I'm starting to suspect that they aren't really aliens at all. What if their memories of being immortal aliens is false? Maybe the alien ship just sends down Puck to planets and then gets the inhabitants to do all of the work, then eats everyone's orgone including its unwitting servants. I'm not sure how that squares with Hana and Blume, but something is fishy about this whole situation.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
This is a charming show, but the robot fights aren't terribly interesting. Earth Engine in particular is notable only for being able to take a beating.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There are so many characters with amazing abilities on this show, but somehow every single character ends up being kind of stupid. Even Puck has started to think with his dick.

However, I can't exactly blame the ark faction for sending out unmanned weapons even though one of the kiltgangs has a hacking singularity. After all, Nishikubo has kept that and every other fact they've learned about the kiltgangs secret.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 31, 2014

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It is simple, really. Every single character is intensely stupid. Some of them might be incredibly competent in certain areas (mainly Akari), but they overcome this by doing dumb poo poo at every opportunity.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It is dumb as hell, and they never did anything good with the earth engine and its fancy robot hat. For a show that doesn't take place in a high school, it is incredibly dedicated to worshiping an idealized vision of youth.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Blah blah blah, I hate humans and hanging out with 7 other people and a horndog AI for eternity sounds great. Especially the idol, since hearing her repeat some variation of that terrible catchphrase every 5 minutes from now to the heat death of the universe won't ever get old. Puck saying "yo gently caress you chumps, I'm gonna go inhabit every body and then have them screw each other" is a much more sympathetic motivation, really.

poo poo, at least glittering crux had style.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
This show was strictly mediocre. It never lived up to its potential, but then it never had as much potential as star driver so it was no great loss.

• Locked thread