Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm getting a weird a weird vibe of Star Driver x Robotics;Notes from this show, although that might just be the usage of the Tanegashima space center. And the bizarro hacker girl. And the kind-of-aimless-slacker-but-not-really protagonist.

It seems to be a little less decisively weird than Star Driver was, at least so far, which could be a problem if the show is like 80% regular semi-serious robot anime and then 20% "GET A LOAD OF THIS! WOO!"

Still, good enough to keep watching at least. Although I will say, the mysterious singing in this one SUCKS by comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
So that creepy guy who "oversees" Hana sure is transparently creepy to the point of cartoon villainy. Not that subtlety is this creative team's strength but... sheesh. If he doesn't prove to serve some sort of valuable purpose to the organization in 2-3 episodes I'm going to have a constant scream of "WHY DO THEY KEEP THIS rear end in a top hat AROUND?" in the back of my head.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Wait, Teppei is supposed to be 17? Does that go for Daichi and Akari as well? Those are some childish rear end looking anime teens if that's the case. Usually it's the other way around.

That being said, I think it's probably a bad thing for this show that right now I like the Kilty Gang much more than the actual cast. Probably because while everyone else is running their mouths about FF13-y plot jargon babble and interorganization politics that we don't know enough about to care for, they actually make poo poo happen, even if they end up being chased off like Team Rocket every time.

• Locked thread