Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Alectai posted:

I don't really think they're cursed so much as they're really, really inconsistent.

Eureka Seven, for instance, was good! But it dragged somewhere around at several points, and while the complete package was good, it had enough to going against it to keep from truly legendary status.

The sequel has generally been poor across the board then, not to mention Actually unfinished, unless the last two episodes aired at some point when I wasn't looking.

Star Driver was a trip, but also had a kind of blah ending, and was pretty much Giant Robot of the Week for most of the series.

Watching something from Studio Bones is like a game of roulette. Everything may go perfectly fine and you'll get a nice spot of entertainment! Or you'll get a boring piece of poo poo that nobody remembers a year from now because it was so forgettable.

IIRC, both Fullmetal Alchemists were Bones productions. They did Gosick too, which is one of my favorites, though I dunno how goons feel about that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I think his point was, regardless of grammar, the phrase was a dumb thing no teenager would actually say unless he was trying way too hard to sound deep and poetic.

• Locked thread