Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

madmac posted:

Nnnnnnnn...I think Giant Robot shows just aren't me. The animation was gorgeous, and the presentation was fine and all, but...I just apparently don't like any of the tropes anyone expects with this genre. Don't like them at all.

Gurren Lagen and FMP are the closest I've come to appreciating something kinda like a giant robot show, in retrospect. Oh well, I'll just leave it at that.
Yeah I feel the same way. I like mindless fun, but this just feels like someone put the script in a blender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The first episode was pretty good, but I couldn't help but laugh when Daichi said, "When is it that I began to hate the wind that blows in this town?". Such a godamn anime line.
The boys at two sides of a fence thing really reminded me of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. So while that's a pretty ridiculous line, I got really dark vibes from it, like "this town is literally next to auschwitz and the wind is carrying human ash" dark.

• Locked thread