Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I also have not seen Star Driver, but if Captain Earth can manage to be at least on the level of Majestic Prince I should be happy as a clam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This show hasn't yet managed to make me give a rat's rear end about its main characters idiot shounen guy, sadboy, mysterious brainless girl, and annoying superhacker wondergirl, but I have found myself rather liking the adult members of the cast and Team Rocket. One thing that still bugs me is that somehow the Kiltgang robots can gently caress up the moon in half a second and pretty much demolish the Earth Engine, but Daichi's dad somehow blew one up by just running the command module of a rocket into it. I know the show would rather spend its time on sexual imagery and puberty metaphors than explaining anything, but that still annoys me.

Hopefully next episode will help it out a bit since it looks like it might finally give some background and sadboy's mother seems like she might be decent, but I really would just rather watch cool robots fight in space. It's kind of hard to keep any enthusiasm about the show when they're basically not even using the super robot part of it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Welp, that was the plot dump episode with all the ham-fisted writing one expects of a plot dump episode. The four kids who are supposed to be the main characters remain by a wide margin the least interesting part of the show.

At least the Earth Engine is going to do something next episode. I don't know how they plan to get into Super Robot Wars if it almost never fights anything or just gets its rear end kicked when it does.

• Locked thread