Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Star Driver 2.0 is the sort of thing I could never decide if I wanted or not. I mean, strip away all the fab, hilarity; it has touches of humor, and what little there is is Enokido as gently caress, but the tone is decidedly more somber ; and style and what do you really have left? Wall-to-wall cliches, nonsense and angst? Without that certain brand of coy, self-assured stylistic bravado to latch onto or help the medicine go down, it makes for a jarring experience going from muted colors and internal narration to wacky colors and oh wow this really is just Star Driver again they're just straight up using LIBIDO and mysterious transformation words that start with A.

So I'm still not really sure. It's Star Driver without the anything that made that show so striking and has very little with which to compensate. I mean, it looks great, if slightly flatter and more kid's show-y than I was expecting(the whole package looks a bit like Heroman, right down to the MC's mecha), and sounds great, and the characters aren't too annoying but it mostly just struck me as obnoxious and boring. Hopefully everything will be obvious soon and it'll all start to gel into something coherent.

I love these loving names, tho. It's like Enokido's trying to out-Gundam Gundam.

Pootybutt fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread