Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

People should pay attention to the director/writer/etc instead of studio, imo. Unless you're talking about animation quality, in which case I'm sure that Bones will do an ace job with this like they normally do; they generally don't half-rear end the animation, after all!

Saying stuff like how the Eureka 7 sequel was terrible doesn't really have anything to do with this since the folks heading the writing side of things here weren't involved in that in any significant capacity (The director for Captain Earth did a storyboard for a single episode and that is all my brief check has revealed).

I was pretty lukewarm with Star Driver but I'm down with giving the folks behind it another chance. Between Build Fighters and Buddy Complex ending/taking a break respectively, I'm hoping I'll have at least one mecha show to follow this season now that I currently have none.

Srice fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Neeksy posted:

This is the same team that made Star Driver, the anime where the school uniform had pink neckties that looked an awful lot like a cartoon penis at the bottom. I think reading sexual imagery into this is fair game.

And the writer is responsible for stuff like FLCL, Utena, and Diebuster so he certainly loves to put that stuff in his work.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Considering Star Driver's premise I think the folks behind these shows aren't too concerned about how their mechs will fit into SRW :v:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

But think about all that time you've already spent on it. It'll be wasted if you drop it now, for all you know these last ten or so episodes are gonna be fantastic.

That's a great example of the sunk cost fallacy in action.

Phobophilia posted:

This is actually a really dumb show that probably will never get anywhere interesting, and I'm tempted to drop the poo poo out of it.

I dropped the show at around episode 5 or so but I've been keeping my ears open. If I hear positive things after it ends then I'll pick it back up. I recommend doing the same!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

edit: whoops wrong thread

• Locked thread